Consequences

Love Me or Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri felt like she was about to suffocate; as though there was an invisible force of some sort pressing on her chest. She couldn't breathe, neither could she force a sound to leave her lips. She felt her insides being torn apart and her chest starting to hurt; the gathering of blood in her head was starting to make her dizzy. Yuri could feel herself weakening by the second, the toxins in her system starting to affect her immune system greatly. 

“Yul!” Yoona whispered harshly, peeking her head in from outside the room door. She had been planning to visit Yuri ever since she knocked off work but got chased home to sleep. Usually, Yuri would respond with an equally harsh whisper, which was code for them being alone in the room. 

No response.

“Yah! Kwon Yul!”

Yoona finally got sick of being ignored and she marched into Yuri's room; not even bothering to knock or inquire further -  she didn't come here to get ignored by Yuri. Yuri had even made it a point to set an alarm for herself to wake up at 5.30am where they could finally start talking about their lives and plans for their relationship.

It was a pity that Yoona started work so early but Yuri wanted to put in effort and so she decided to have a super early breakfast with Yoona. 

The sight of Yuri struggling in bed was scaring the wits out of Yoona and she dropped the clipboard, shaking Yuri by the shoulders. “Yuri! What’s wrong? What happened?!” Yoona could feel tears hindering her vision but she didn't stop, checking on Yuri's vitals as she abused the emergency button at the side of the bed.

“Don’t close your eyes, Yuri!” Yoona screamed, holding Yuri’s face as she started to feel tears roll down her cheeks, “stay with me, baby! Please!”

“Yoona!”

In no time at all, a team of nurses ran in and pried Yoona away from Yuri’s bed as they wheeled Yuri towards the operating theatre as fast as they could. Yuri’s eyelids were fluttering and her eyeballs were starting to roll backwards, completely losing focus of her vision. She painstakingly forced herself to lift her hand and hold onto Yoona’s, squeezing it for dear life as Yoona began to cry harder.

“You’re going to be fine, Yuri,” Yoona cried out as she brought Yuri’s hand to her wet cheek, “you promised you’d always protect me, remember? You better keep to it or I’ll drag you back from Heaven myself!”

Yoona continued following the stretcher till Yuri was pushed into the operating theatre. She knew there was no way she would be able to do the operation, not when her relationship with Yuri had gone this far and she was ready to be wed to Yuri. In an empty void her heart felt, Yoona collapsed onto the ground in a crying heap; she couldn't fathom what the source of the problem could be. 

Her brain couldn't function properly; she couldn't pinpoint the cause of the spasming and behaviour Yuri was displaying a while ago. 

“Yoona!”

Tiffany and Seohyun rushed over as they adjusted their attire, running towards Yoona with frantic expressions on their face. “Yoong!” Tiffany crouched and cupped Yoona’s cheeks, wiping the flowing tears before bringing Yoona into a tight embrace. Yoona continued to sniffle till she heard Tiffany’s question, “What happened back there, babe?”

Seohyun bid her goodbye and entered the operating theatre first; since she was the surgeon in charge this time, she didn’t have time to comfort Yoona at all. Tiffany, on other hand was not needed in the operating theatre till the entire process was over. Hence, she had the luxury of time and she could at least stay with Yoona till the others arrived. They knew Yoona wouldn’t be able to notify the others so they did the job while rushing to the operating theatre.

“Y-Yuri was h-having a seizure… a-and she couldn’t r-respond to m-me…”

That was all Yoona could do before she broke down again; Tiffany didn’t ask further, she knew the results would show the severity of Yuri’s seizures sooner or later. And considering the time that Yuri went to bed last night which was approximately from 1am to 130am to the time she started to have seizures, it was possible to minimize the damage made on Yuri’s immune system. 

“Hush, Yoong…” Tiffany pushed Yoona’s head closer to her chest and ran her fingers through Yoona’s hair, “Yuri will be alright, okay? Stop crying, please… she needs you to be strong for her.”

“NO!” Yoona screeched aloud, unintentionally pushing Tiffany away from her. Tiffany could see the raw fear and confusion mixed into one in Yoona’s swollen eyes and she started to fear for Yoona’s emotional state of mind. Yoona swallowed and shut her eyes tightly, “you didn’t see the way she was behaving, Unnie! She looked like she was going to die!” 

Just before Tiffany could say anything, she caught sight of the other girls around the corner. She placed a finger on her lips and gestured them to stay silent as they made their way here. She carefully pulled the emotionally and mentally exhausted Yoona up, placing her on the chair so she could rest. Yoona was lifeless and Tiffany knew she was about to lose it; the only way Yoona could maintain her sanity was to be distracted for a little while.

“Yoong… I’ll go to the operating theatre now, alright?” Tiffany whispered, pressing her lips against Yoona’s forehead for a brief moment, “the others will stay here with you. Seohyun and I will make sure that Yuri is fine, okay?”

Tiffany handed Yoona over to Taeyeon and quickly ran to the operating theatre, anxious to know what in the world Yuri’s condition was at the moment. She quickly threw on protective gear and entered the theatre, running to Yuri’s side. As soon as her eyes met Seohyun’s, she knew the situation was not in the least bit optimistic. It depended a lot on Yuri's willpower to fight off whatever i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter