Pull Yourself Together

Love Me or Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“W-What?”

“That’s just my guess. I might be wrong.”

With Yoona’s reaction, Taeyeon knew she shouldn’t have said that. She should have just kept shut till Yuri awoke from her momentary coma; Yuri would have a choice of keeping it to herself or revealing it to Yoona. Though everyone else here wanted to let Yoona know because she did have a right to understand what was going on, only Yuri had every single detail packed in her memory.

“No,” Yoona said, grabbing onto Taeyeon’s wrist, “Unnie, I know you know something more to it. Please, I need to know what’s happening!”

Mrs Kwon was getting more and more puzzled with every passing minute; Yuri was a professional racer, right? At least, that was what she heard from her daughter when she first bought her bike. Mr Kwon decided to shut up; he was probably going to get it from his wife is she found out the truth. 

“What’s wrong with Yoona’s name going around the racing circuit? Aren’t they all professional racers anyway?”

Oh no…

Several gulps were heard in the room as Mr Kwon adjusted his collar uncomfortably; tension was rising in the room as Mrs Kwon scanned each and every one of her daughter’s friends very carefully.

“Soo, you’re Yuri’s partner in crime. I’m sure you know what Taeyeon’s talking about and I beseech you, explain what the hell is going on to me and Yoona right now because there's obviously something going on. For some reason, we aren't aware of it.”

Sooyoung thanked the Lord that Yuri didn’t tell her about this because Mrs Kwon’s gaze was scaring the out of her. She shook her head and muttered a soft apology. Mrs Kwon gritted her teeth, her daughter couldn’t have kept everything to herself – Yuri wasn’t that strong enough… or so she thought.

No one knew anything.

The only one that knew perhaps fifty percent wasn’t there. 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Days later, Yoona found herself walking towards a rather familiar ward - a ward she had sworn never to visit after that awkward night with everyone else. Yet, it practically seemed as if her feet had a mind of their own and led her there; the even funnier part was that Yoona wasn't even at work that day, she specially made her way back to the hospital.

“Yoona?”

And with that playful tone, Yoona knew who was standing behind her with a -eating grin. “Hello to you too, Hyoyeon-unnie.” Yoona turned around and subtly took in a deep breath; if Hyoyeon had a chance, she would tease Yoona to the high heavens and the younger one wasn’t sure if she was ready for it. “Are you going to where I think you’re to?” Hyoyeon asked, walking towards Yoona with open arms. Though Yoona accepted the hug, she quickly broke it and shook her head in denial.

“Really?”

“YES.”

“Were you taking a before you came?”

“NO!”

“Were you having ?”

“NO!”

“Were you eating before you came?”

“Yes.”

“So are you going to where I think you’re going to?”

“YES.”

“AHA!”

Yoona let out a soft groan and sighed; why did all of their friends like teasing her and Yuri so much? When they teased the couple, it was also merciless and it continued till one crumbled in embarrassment. Okay, she could understand why they liked to tease Yuri; Yuri always blushed so adorably and turned into a whiny little puppy in front of her. Was this an appropriate time to be teasing her though?!

“Okay, fine. I’m going to visit her.” Yoona rolled her eyes, “did you have to trick me like that?”

Hyoyeon simply shrugged and sent Yoona a gummy smile, “I had to trick you or you wouldn’t admit it, Yoona. You know that as well as I do.” 

With how quiet Yoona was, Hyoyeon knew she had gotten her answer and smirked inwardly; Yoona was still so into Yuri. She might be the royal jester out of all of them but when it came to reading expressions and behaviour, Hyoyeon was just as good as Taeyeon; right now, she was putting it to good use.

“Hyoyeon-unnie,” Yoona started timidly, “may I ask you something personal?”

“Shoot.”

Yoona’s fingers automatically found each other and crossed them in anxiety, something she always did when she was overly-nervous. She didn’t know if it was a good decision but she asked anyway, “has Yuri… you know, ever gotten a girlfriend when we broke up?” After asking the question that has been dying to get out of her system, Yoona flinched and squeezed her eyes shut; the answer might kill or save her.

“No. No, she ha—she couldn’t… not when there was someone else occupying the void in her heart.”

Oh God. 

Didn't that mean... that Yuri had never stopped loving her? 

 

 

“Hyomin! Where the hell is the patient?!”

Yoona was losing her mind and she was shouting at the various nurses that were making their rounds. She and Hyoyeon had walked into a completely empty room; if Yuri was dead, her body would have been there till evening at least since it was only 3pm now. She wondered if there were complications and an additional operation was required.

“Yah! Why didn’t any of you keep an eye on her? What if someone harmed her? What if she woke up and needed assistance? What if she died of a seizure right here and right now? WOULD ANY OF YOU BE HELD ACC---”

“Yoona?”

That voice; it belonged to Yuri, no doubt about that.

Hyoyeon turned towards the door first and she quickly tapped Yoona's shoulder, beckoning her to turn around as well. Yoona turned around with her eyes closed, she couldn't imagine if Yuri was badly smashed up since the operation was done with the rest of her body being covered up. Not that she had any time to look at Yuri's body during the operation anyway.

“Yoona? Do I look so bad that you have to shut your eyes?”

Okay other then the fact that they were now broken apart and older, Yuri was still a whiny child who would pout when she didn't get what she wanted - and she only whined

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter