Just For A While

Love Me or Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Check out my new TaeRi fic ft. Baker Tae & Architect Yul: 

Baking Blues

 

Yoona couldn’t stop thinking about what she heard earlier; everything was completely messy and she couldn’t form a proper explanation in her mind. Perhaps, she wasn’t ready to accept what Yuri had to say when the time for revelations and explanations came. She wanted to know Yuri’s side of the story, she really did but she didn’t to risk not being able to accept it afterward.

“Don’t push Yuri too hard, Yoong,” Tiffany reminded, looking back at Yoona who was sitting at the back through the rear mirror, “she needs to recover first.”

Honestly, the later she learned Yuri’s side, the better it might be for the both of them. Yoona wanted a chance to at least experience dating with Yuri again; it’s so obvious that neither of them have gotten over each other so she wasn’t going to waste the chance. She also wanted to be loved by Yuri again; there were so many good memories when they were dating and she wanted to relieve them.

“We have to go back to the hospital later. Shall we get the girls something to eat then?”

Seohyun took out her favourite book and flipped through the pages, moving to where she last stopped. She knew Yoona needed to clear her mind for a while so she didn’t bother starting a conversation with her best friend. Tiffany, on the other hand, decided to turn on the radio before the tense atmosphere killed her.

 

(listen to this) 

 

Oh Lord… the one song that would hit her straight in the gut every time. The lyrics were beautiful, and now looking at it, they actually portrayed a very accurate representation of their relationship now. 

Yuri's favourite song; she always spoke of how the lyrics would match her actions if she ever let Yoona down. She also grieved for her brother when he passed away after a racing accident; Yoona was there throughout it all. Back then, Yuri was already on her way to becoming a street racer in order to continue her brother’s legacy while Yoona had her eyes set on being one of the best doctors in Korea.

 

 

Flashback.

A tall tanned woman dressed in hot pants and a bomber jacket thrown over her tank top, was walking down the street with a nice paper bag in hand. She looked like an actual biker girl but her girlfriend was the one who knew her best; her exterior was nothing compared to what she was actually like. Speaking of her girlfriend, the paper bag she was carrying contained a little gift for her.

“Seriously? Yah!”

“Kwon Yul! YAH!”

The tanned woman finally turned around and took off her sunglasses, realizing that her best friend was actually running after her with another paper bag in her hand, “Taeyeon?”

Taeyeon rolled her eyes and tossed the paper bag at Yuri with her might, catching the younger one off guard. “You forgot to bring her dress for tonight's event, you idiot!” Yuri finally realized why there was a constant nagging at the back of her mind when she set off; she had forgotten the most important item of the night – Yoona’s evening dress.

“Thanks! I owe you one, Taengoo!”

With that said, Yuri hurriedly started to run towards the training hospital as fast as her legs could carry her. She was going to ask Yoona to officially be her girlfriend tonight but if she didn’t manage to ask soon, then Yoona might not even be free tonight since the young one always placed her studies first. Yuri made sure to neaten her hair and adjust her clothing once she was at the entrance of the hospital.

“Yul?”

Yuri turned around with a surprised expression and smiled once she saw who it was, “Fany!” She greeted Tiffany with a bear hug; Tiffany promised to take care of Yoona while she wasn’t around and she was doing a fantastic job. Tiffany patted Yuri's and slowly pulled away just enough for her voice to be as soft as a whisper, “she’s sleeping at the dorm… just finished a mini operation by herself.” 

If it weren't for Tiffany who always had her back, Yuri wouldn't be able to sneak into the dorms as and when she wanted to see her precious girlfriend. Tiffany had made an extra pass for Yuri so when Yuri tapped in, it would be as good as Tiffany's sister 'Michelle' tapping in to visit her. 

Yuri quietly made her way through the corridor, bowing slightly when she saw Yoona's seniors and juniors; everyone already knew they were dating since Yuri was here as often as they were. Plus, it only showed how devoted and loving Yuri was though she was a street racer; street racers were often stereotyped as rough, crude and perhaps heartless but Yuri was the opposite. 

“Yoong?”

Hearing no response, Yuri gently pushed the door open after tapping in and poked her head in; her girlfriend was lying on the bed, her chest rising and falling calmly. Yuri let her smile falter for a while, before it widened even more than before; Yoona had studying really hard and for her to sleep soundly, she must be making very good progress and for that, Yuri was super proud.

Yuri placed the paper bag aside and carefully lay beside Yoona, silently admiring her girlfriend’s undisputable beauty. She lifted her finger and brushed away the stray strand of hair falling upon Yoona’s face. “So beautiful even when you’re sleeping,” Yuri mumbled, simply lying beside her sleeping girlfriend with a goofy grin on her face.

“Mmm…” Yoona whined, swatting the disturbance in front of her, “s-stop it, Yul…” Yuri’s eyes widened in surprise, retracing her hand at almost double the speed; how did her girlfriend even know? For all Yoona knew, she might be Tiffany. “You should know that I will always know when you’re beside me.”  Yuri looked back to her supposedly-sleeping girlfriend and saw Yoona’s eyelids fluttering open.

Yoona turned towards Yuri and flashed her a gorgeous but sleepy smile, “hey, baby.” Yuri scooted closer and lay her head on her arm, staring down at Yoona’s doe eyes, “hey.” Yoona brought her hand up and caressed Yuri's cheek, grateful that her girlfriend came all the way here just to see her.

Though Yuri was in the midst of Yoona lulling her to sleep now, Yuri remembered that she came here for an extra purpose today and she held Yoona's hand. 

“Are you free tonight, Yoong?” Yuri asked, pressing a couple of kisses upon Yoona’s knuckles. Yoona cutely furrowed her eyebrows, “I think I have another round of practice later, why?” Yuri pouted and turned to face the other side, berating herself for as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter