Progress

Love Me or Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona made her rounds as she usually did, her patients now under her charge once more. She had only switched them over because Yuri was in the hospital but now that Yuri had been discharged, her own patients could finally have their own doctor back. She found it difficult to focus at first but when Yuri's letter to her was given the clear and sent to their house, it made her feel a lot more at ease knowing Yuri was getting along fine at the detention center.

“Hey, Yoona.”

“Good morning, Doctor Im.”

“Nice to see you again, Yoong.”

Hearing these greetings from her colleagues as well as patients made Yoona realise just how long she had been on leave to take care of Yuri and how much she missed her job. Yoona smiled as she remembered the multiple assurances and good wishes she had received from Yuri through one simple, heartfelt letter. 

 

To my lovely angel, 

Hey, Yoong. I hope everything has been going just fine for you, and I really wish you've been going to work like you should be instead of moping around at home missing your uber y girlfriend  I just wanted to let you know how much I miss you and your yummy lips... (and other illegal things you know that I miss) 

I know you've been worried and all, but I assure you everything is going well for me. The wardens take good care of me and some of the inmates whom I was afraid of actually talk to me, they also protect me so I'm pretty much safe in here. I've also been behaving myself like you told me to and I also want to see you guys some time soon... 

i love you so so much❤️ 

Love, your Yul

 

Yoona must have been smiling to herself for a long time because the moment she looked up, Tiffany was standing in front of her with a cheeky grin. “Reading Yuri’s letter again?” Tiffany teased, poking Yoona’s pink cheek. Yoona let out a small whine and buried her face into Tiffany’s shoulder, hiding her blush from her patients as well.

Every patient lying in the room knew who Yuri was and they admired her for being this devoted to someone who left her for three years; not forgetting the part where Yuri practically sacrificed her entire career and everything else to protect Yoona from people in the racing circuit. Now seeing their favourite doctor find her original happiness, it was heartwarming for all of them to see. 

“Doc, where’s Yuri then?”

 

 

Tiffany pulled away from their hug and moved towards their elderly patient who asked that question, “Halmeoni! You must be feeling much better, huh?” She eye-smiled at everyone else before checking on elderly Mrs Lee’s drip; just like how Yoona was everyone’s favourite doctor, Tiffany was everyone’s favourite nurse - these two working as a pair was a bonus for everyone.

Yoona stood aside as she watched all the patients fall in love with Tiffany's eyesmile; Tiffany had a way to distract people when Yoona couldn't answer some questions - one being the fact that she didn't know how to tell them that Yuri was stuck in the detention center and that's why she wasn't seen around the hospital.

“Time for your medicine, Victoria-unnie!” Yoona called out cheerfully, holding a small plastic cup with pills inside, “hope you have some sweets ready to get rid of the bitter taste.”

Victoria had been a patient for almost a year now, since she was a very frail woman and she hasn't been out of the hospital since she fell sick. She's been under Yoona's charge since she was admitted to the hospital and even as she wanted to deny, Yoona did deserve Yuri and Yuri deserved Yoona more than anyone else. 

At first, she was doubtful of Yuri till Tiffany revealed the history of Yoona and Yuri's relationship.

Taking Yoona's hand into her own, Victoria couldn't help but smile, “I hope you and Yuri live happily together; you two deserve happiness more than anyone in the world.” 

“I hope we will too…”

 

*

*

 

Minseok sat in the interrogation room alone, unable to stop thinking about what Sunny said regarding Taecyeon’s death last night. He had been planning this revenge plan for the past two years and never once has he thought of letting Yuri off. The race between Yuri and Taecyeon had been a huge thing and everyone knew about it; the ending was something unpredictable but to Minseok, Taecyeon was the best racer and he could easily win against some girl.

Now that he thought about it, there was word going around that Taecyeon was planning to push Yuri off the circuit at the last minute, but he was the only one who didn’t believe it.

“God damn it.” Minseok kicked the table leg in frustration; his hands shaking in anger, “how did things end up like this?”

“You should know how.”

The officers were back; only this time, it was not Hyomin and Sunny; it was Sunny and another blonde woman who looked as if she was about to murder him any second now. He looked lower and found her nametag pinned to her tie, Kim Hyoyeon. Though he hadn’t been treated courteously at all, he much preferred Sunny’s original partner because she didn’t glare at him with such deep-set hatred.

Hyoyeon took her time to analyse Minseok's behaviour and she frowned a little; Minseok was clearly not the typical vengeful brother she thought he'd be. In fact, she was fairly sure that Minseok didn't plan this revenge solely because Yuri was supposedly the one who caused Taecyeon's crash. There was something Minseok was going through, and she was going to find out what it was.

“There are a lot of loopholes in the case, Minseok, and I’m tired of playing games.” Sunny exclaimed, slamming the file on the table, “I want to know what else you’ve planned for Yuri, because I swear I’ll hang you all by myself if you don’t tell me!”

Minseok shuddered in fear at the venom detected in Sunny's voice and he gulped loudly, much to Hyoyeon's pleasure. HIs reaction only allowed Hyoyeon to analyse a bit more, and it was making her job a little easier. Hyoyeon jotted down a few things on her profiler and looked at Sunny, silently letting the older know that she would start her own interrogation soon. 

“So you think taking revenge on Yuri is going to bring Taecyeon back to life? Well, newsflash for you, Kim! Taecyeon is dead, and no matter what you do, it’s not going to resurrect him! Throwing Yuri under the bus is not going to change a single thing and how do you even know she was the one who caused his crash? What if it wasn’t? Is there a way you can change what you did to her?”

Hyoyeon’s firm tone was making Minseok loosen up a lot more than he expected; it was obvious that there was something about the case they were not telling him. He couldn’t tell if Hyoyeon was lying or not but there was no reason why she wouldn’t tell him the truth when he was already in the station; the only way he could get himself a lighter sentence was to reveal the truth bit by bit.

“Can I talk to you alone?”

Sunny saw red and she slammed her palms on the table, “why, you little—you're even choosing who you want to talk to n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter