Clarification

Love Me or Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona's head was pounding like crazy; she felt as if she got hit by a truck carrying loads of heavy things early in the morning. She couldn't even sit up in bed without flinching at the pain. With much more difficulty than planned, Yoona finally managed to force herself up against the headboard. She was about to say something else when the room door opened, revealing Hyoyeon with a surprised expression. 

“Oh, you’re awake?”

“Unnie?”

Hyoyeon smiled and walked into the room with a small tray in her hands; a glass of water and two aspirin pills lay on it. She knew Yoona would have a bad hangover after last night’s drinks and so, decided to bring medicine in advance. She sat beside Yoona on the bed and held her hand tightly, caressing the back of it gently. 

“How are you feeling, Yoong?” Hyoyeon asked, “are you okay to walk to the bathroom?” 

A pout appeared on Yoona's face as she rubbed her temples painfully; if only she had controlled her liquor last night. She gradually started to frown; memories of last night's events were slowly coming to mind. She soon began to feel tears cloud her vision uncontrollably, unable to fathom just how she could have said all those things to Yuri without hesitation last night. 

“Unnie, where’s Yuri?” Yoona asked, kicking off the covers immediately. She was about to get up when she fell back onto the bed, the pain kicking her in the . Hyoyeon shook her head and held onto Yoona tightly, “Yoong, stop trying to get up. You’re going to make your head hurt even more.”

Yoona grabbed hold of Hyoyeon's shirt and looked up at her with a heart-breaking gaze, “I need to find Yuri, Unnie! You don’t understand, I must have hurt her a lot! Please, Unnie! Where is she?” Yoona was sobbing as she begged Hyoyeon to tell her where Yuri was; Yuri needed to hear what she really thought and not what she mentioned in a fit of anger and in a drunken stupor.

“Calm down…” Hyoyeon sighed, helping Yoona to her feet, “Yuri’s downstairs… but don’t be too eager to explain yourself, she’s had a rough night too.”

The two made their way downstairs; Taeyeon and Seohyun were in the kitchen preparing breakfast while Jessica was sitting in the living room, casually flipping through a magazine. Tiffany was probably at the hospital doing her rounds; Sunny was at the station - she managed to bring Minseok back - and Yuri... well, Yoona hadn't seen her just yet.

“Yoong?” Taeyeon greeted, coming out of the kitchen with a few bowls of cereals in her hands, “how are you feeling? Better?”

 

Yoona smiled and gave Taeyeon a gentle hug, taking a seat at the dining table as Taeyeon placed a bowl of cereal in front of her. She was famished, most probably because she didn’t manage to eat dinner last night before she started drinking. Taeyeon watched as the younger gobbled up her breakfast in twice the speed she normally ate; however, the tear stains on Yoona’s cheek did not escape Taeyeon’s sharp eyes.

“You going to talk to Yuri after this?” Taeyeon asked, sitting opposite Yoona at the table, “it was a pretty terrible night for the both of you…”

With a sigh, Yoona swallowed before looking up at Taeyeon with a weak smile, “where is she?” Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows at Yoona's question; Yoona couldn't have missed Yuri when she was coming down the stairs. “She’s on the sofa, came back quite late last night.” Yoona nodded and finished up the rest of her meal in silence - there was nothing much for her to say.

Jessica sighed as she watched her best friend sleep on the sofa like a log; Yuri came back in the middle of the night after drinking herself silly - needless to say, she was going to get it real bad from Jessica when she woke up. Of course, on Yuri's side, it was understandable that she wanted to forget all about last night but it wasn't going to help the situation between Yoona and her. 

Soon enough, Yoona entered the living room and smiled at Jessica - which was more than enough for Jessica to get the hint.

Yoona crouched beside Yuri on the floor and her heart felt like it was being stabbed by multiple daggers - the tear stains on Yuri's cheeks were truly heart-wrenching. She knew Yuri wanted to have a clear conscience for the rest of her life; last night was just a step for Yoona to make sure she could handle the pain of being alone; she just didn't expect to blow up like that. 

“Yul?”

Yuri gradually stirred awake, not being a heavy sleeper after all. She yawned and jumped back a little; Yoona staring into her face early in the morning was not what she expected at all. Though she did go drinking last night, she didn’t drink enough to wake up with a headache. “Yoong? Why are you on the floor?” Yuri sat up and ran her fingers through her hair, closing her eyes as she leaned back against the sofa.

“Yul… shall we go for a walk?”

“Are you up for it?”

“Please.”

 

There was complete silence between the couple as they made their way to the park near Yuri's apartment. Yuri wanted to start a conversation but she didn't know what to say, especially when Yoona didn't even look at her. Yoona must have asked to come out for a reason and Yuri didn't want to push her for it - it was already hard on Yoona to deal with the whole turning-herself-in thing. 

Yuri took a seat on the g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter