Finally

Love Me or Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 years later...

 

Yoona took several deep breaths and felt tears start to pool at the corners of her eyes; her nerves and anxiousness was completely getting a hold of her. She couldn't bring herself to take any steps forward, neither could she think of anything else but the panic and nervousness she was feeling. Before Yoona could even put her finger on it, she was losing her breath and her eyes were losing focus. 

It was finally happening.

“Yoong?” Tiffany grabbed Yoona by the shoulders, “breathe, babe. Follow my breathing; in and out… In, out…”  

Tiffany could understand why Yoona was so nervous and anxious about her wedding; to think Yuri and her was going to get married even after all they had been through. Yuri had proposed to Yoona last year and they continued their dating phase all the way till now; Yoona was excited when she had to try on different wedding gowns and choose the cakes but it seemed as if everything was crashing down on her now.

It took a while before Yoona calmed down, leaning into Tiffany’s arms weakly. She took a couple more deep breaths before pulling away, giving Tiffany a kiss on the cheek for being there for her. Yoona checked herself out in the full-body mirror and almost teared up again when she saw her father leaning against the door through the reflection – it never occurred to her that he was there all along.

“Daddy…”

“Hey, baby girl.”

Mr Im walked in and opened his arms, wrapping his precious daughter in a warm hug. He had been wanting to see this scene for the longest time now; ever since he met Yuri officially, he knew Yuri was the one for Yoona. He was a bit skeptical after their break-up and Yoona’s depression but after finding it out the actual reason behind Yuri’s disappearance… he was even more sure of Yoona’s choice.

Yoona pulled away and planted a kiss on her father’s cheek, “thank you for supporting me so much, Daddy. It doesn’t matter if I’m married or not; you didn’t lose a daughter. You gained another daughter to share your love with.”

Tears gathered in Mr Im’s eyes at his daughter’s maturity; Yoona was no longer a young girl, she was a grown woman now. Yoona was old enough to make her own decisions and plans for her future now; the only thing Mr Im was worried about was having some grandchildren to play with. Yet, he also didn’t know that plans for children had already been made since last year.

Yuri would take good care of her.

 

“Yuri, you better behave and be mature or else I’m not letting Yoona stay with you in your apartment.”

A pout formed on Yuri's face; was she really the daughter of the Kwons' or was Yoona the biological one? Ever since she had introduced Yoona to her family in the past, they always made sure that Yuri took care of the doe-eyed woman more than herself. Yuri wasn't complaining, of course; it was better to have a family that accepted her girlfriend rather than discriminate against them.

“Appa, you know I will take care of her.”

And Mr Kwon knew – it might have been a fatherly-thing but he only knew too well that Yoona and Yuri would find their way back to each other in the end. Yuri loved Yoona too much to let the younger go in the first place; Yoona's love in return was also in abundance. When they first heard of their break-up, Mr Kwon assumed it was a childish banter and neglected their daughter.

As expected of his strong daughter though; she did it for a noble reason and at risk of getting herself hurt.

Mrs Kwon wrapped her arms around Yuri, tears fallng rapidly at the thought of her daughter having a family of her own and having grandchildren - it was so emotional and beautiful. She also had a guarantee that Yuri would be well taken care of and so would Yoona. It was one of the best things in life to be witnessing; her children finding their happiness.

“Come on. Let’s go get your bride.”

 

*

 

The church was filled with patients from the hospital, old teammates and their precious group of friends as well as family. They had all come together to witness the legal bond of two people who deserved all the happiness in the world after all the things they’ve been through and withstood for each other. From the threats, breaking up, reunion and the final obstacle: the lawsuits.

It was more than enough for a test of their love.

“Breathe, dummy. You’re not going to make it out alive of your own wedding if you don’t get enough oxygen right now.”

“Shut the hell up, Soo.”

Sooyoung made a face and stuck her tongue out at Yuri, ignoring the glares she was receiving from her best friend; Yuri couldn't do anything to her from the altar anyway. She might be teasing Yuri and all now but she was sure of one thing - she was going to miss the tanned woman and all her stupid, goofy antics real soon. Although they were close and all, it didn't change the fact that Yuri was amazingly devoted.  

Yuri took Sooyoung’s advice though; she could feel the lack of oxygen in her system because of her nervousness. She had proposed in a rather pathetic way but it was worth it all, especially since Yoona preferred it with everyone she knew around her.

 

Flashback.

Yoona had to go for her rounds in half an hour and she was still waiting for Yuri to deliver her breakfast to her. She wasn’t expecting much at first but Yuri had already sent her a message way before she woke up so it wouldn’t kill her to hope for more. Yuri wasn’t usually this late unless something happened, as proven the last time they were supposed to have breakfast before her duty.

“Yoong, aren’t you going to get changed?”

“Wait for me, Unnie.”

Tiffany smiled and patted Yoona’s shoulder, knowing Yoona was a little sad that Yuri hadn’t come after all. She knew just where the breakfast was and where the person was… but that was meant for Yoona to find out later. She carefully checked on their surroundings and coughed really loudly, pretending to choke on her saliva as they walked towards the locker room.

Yoona pouted as she put on her doctor coat, “stupid Yuri.”

Tiffany bit on her lower lip to hold in her laughter, releasing her thumb on the recording button to send the recording to a certain tanned girl. She had been in this right from the very start and everything was going according to plan so far – even Yuri’s prediction that Yoona would sulk for a while was accurate.

“Come on, Yoong!”

 

The patients greeted their favourite pair as cheerfully as ever, their behaviour just a little suspicious - they were never this jolly in the morning. The doe-eyed doctor, in particular, knew there was something up their sleeves, especially since the grumpiest member was in a light-hearted mood too. 

“Unnie, what’s happening?”

“What, Yoong?”

“I can tell there’s something up,” Yoona pouted and smacked Tiffany’s arm gently, “stop playing with me.”

Knowing the game was up by now, Tiffany sighed and blew a whistle loudly; that was their signal for all of them. Yoona waited patiently with her arms crossed over her chest, her eyes widening when she saw their friends appear from different areas in the hospital room with flowers and gifts in their hands.

Sooyoung and Jessica didn't waste any time; they carried out their own turna and started distributing the gifts to the patients waiting in excitement. Hyoyeon had gathered the flowers nicely and laid them out on the various meal tables of patients so that it looked like an aisle from a distance. Sunny was already holding a camera, ready to start snapping away.

Seohyun rushed towards Yoona and clamped her hands over the latter's eyes, m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter