...7

Love dust...

The elevator’s doors glided out opened and they both got out at the same time. They barely stepped once and Seunghyun grabbed her left arm, rolling her 180° to face him.

-Wha… what are you doing? she tried to turn around to look for the reason of his behavior, but he quickly grabbed her face in his palms. 

“Umm…” he looked at her with the most innocent eyes.

She easily hit his hands to set herself free and was about  to turn around and see the three men with those big, black cameras that brought shivers down Seunghyun’s spine when they started walking towards them. He needed to do something and fast. He thought at first at a kiss but the slap he knew he’ll most probably get would only draw more attention to them. The men were still talking to each other and closing in so he quickly grabbed her shoulders running behind her.

“This way looks faster!” he said slowly pushing her forward.

“Faster to where?” Liana smiled. “There is no door in there…” she said  pointing towards the big windows at the end of the hallway that Seunghyun chose. “Who are we hiding from?” she ignored his hands on her shoulders and turned to face him.

"Huh?" he pretended to not understand  her when the elevator's ding covered the voices of those three men. 

She checked the hallway but nothing seamed important enough to hide from.

"Who were we hiding from?" she insisted  when he begun walking a little too fast to the exit door. 

Instead of her answer she hit (lucky him) his healthy shoulder.

"What..." she wanted to ask again but a voice cut her off.

"Hyung!" Daesung jumped up from the large armchair he had been waiting in since this morning.

"Dae-dae... what… what are you doing here?...” Seunghyun asked in Korean, making Liana to hurry in front of him and bow.

“Anyoung hashimnikka!” she said smiling.

“Ah… Anyoung haseyo” Daesung answered with a wide smile. “What are YOU doing here, hyung?” he kept his smile challenging his senior’s eyes to his amusement.

“Aish…” Seunghyun mumbled annoyed. “Umm… this is my friend, Kang Daesung” he quickly said when he acknowledged Dae’s intention to speak.   

“Hello, nice to mee…” he started saying.

“He doesn’t speak English!” Seunghyun used his ‘boss’ voice.

“Umm… yeah…” Daesung smiled wide. “Just a tiny bit” he almost laughed.

“Nice to meet you! I’m Liana!” she stretched out her hand to shake Dae’s.

“I’m really sorry to bother you, but… hyung… in less than 30 minutes we have the inter…” he started again in Korean.

“Nae! Ara!” Seunghyun answered throwing flames out of his eyes.

Daesung understood he had to shut it, so he discreetly took a step back.

“Should I wait for you… ?” he asked also in Korean and gained new flames from Seunghyun’s eyes.

“Umm…” she wanted to call him ‘kiddo’  or ‘brat’ but she wasn’t yet sure of the relationship between them, so she thought she’d better keep it cool: “If you have to go, please go! We’ll…” she saw the glow in both of the men’s eyes, and again she quickly changed it: “I can go on my own and …”

“It’s ok! I can…” Seunghyun started saying but Liana interrupted him without knowing he’ll be talking right then.

“Ok, then, I’ll see you tomorrow!” she said but judging by her wide eyes these words left her lips on their own.

“Definitely!” Seunghyun quickly replied throwing pink-ish round dots on her cheeks.

He was getting ready to say something else when the lens of three cameras, the same damn cameras as before, drew his attention.

“Well… we’ll be off now!” he said grabbing  Daesung’s arm. “Goodbye!...” he smiled wide dragging his friend away.

“Oh… goodbye!” Daesung barely got to say trying to keep up with him. “Why are we running?” he whispered when they turned their backs at her.

“Paparazzi!” Seunghyun whispered back, hurrying his steps.      

 “But, by the way, what do you mean by ‘he doesn’t speak  English?’ “ Daesung asked but of course he wouldn’t get an answer. Just a push to walk faster.

What’s wrong with this kid?’ Liana smiled looking after them. Her eyes widened and her hands reached her burning face. ‘Ya! Halmeoni!!’ her mind shouted. ‘What’s wrong with YOU?!? Halmeoni! Halmeoni!’ she kept on repeating, easily slapping her cheeks. Another shout, this time with her voice, made little Luiza startle when her little hands grabbed her teacher’s coat.

“Mrs. Teacher…” the little one said without knowing if she had to laugh or cry.

“You scared me, Lulu…” Liana laughed and kneeled before her. ”What are you doing here? You ran from your room again?”

“No way, Mrs. Teach`!  we are all in the great hall…”

“Huh? Why? What’s the clock?...” she grabbed the little girl’s hand.

 

“Hyung…” Daesung started somehow a little poor-spirited “…you are angry with me right now, aren’t you?”

“No, Dae-dae, I’m not” Seunghyun answered suspiciously calm, opening the car’s window to light up a cigarette.

“…Is it serious?...” Daesung asked without having the guts to look at his older friend.

“It’s nothing” Seunghyun answered blowing the smoke out the window. “Can we drop by a drugstore first?”

“What’s wrong, hyung??” Daesung got alarmed. “You’re not well?...”

“It’s not that! I just need to buy something…”

“Aigoo! You sly fox!  You’re moving so fast!” Daesung giggled.

“Huh? What do you mean?” Seunghyun took a short glimpse at his friend’s face before he understood what he meant. “Aish! You… you…! And people call YOU angel!” he mumbled blowing the smoke towards his friend.

 

‘To be applied in thin layer…’ Liana read out loud.

She raised her eyes to reach the mirror in front of her.

“Aish! Halmeoni!!” she energetically ruffled her hair.

She folded the paper back inside its little cardboard box and threw it in the cabinet underneath the sink.

Knocks were heard on the door.

She smiled softly and waited for the knocks to repeat themselves while she quickly grabbed her hair in a messy ponytail.

The clock on the wall showed the exact same hour as the day before.

“Such an exact little brat” she hummed on her way to the door. “Hello, kiddo!” she smiled just like a grandmother when she sees her nephew.

“Anyoung halmeoni!” Seunghyun smiled as well taking a long bow, but mostly to get a time to check on her clothes – same as yesterday.

Why you’re smiling for, slick?’ she asked herself and before she could say it out loud too, his hands stopped her – he was handing over a little paper bag.

“What’s this?”

“Is this good?” they spoke in the same time and smiled.

“What did the druggist said?” Liana asked opening up the medicine to read its instructions.

They both laughed at her face when she saw the non-understandable characters.

“Did you told her what do you need it for?” she blushed folding back the paper.

“Nae! It means ‘yes’ ” Seunghyun replied almost eating her alive when she grabbed his coat’s front and dragged it off.

When she checked his face to ask for further permission to continue taking off the shirt too, he quickly put on his serene face.

“I guess you realized by now that I’m not gonna hurt you, right?” she misunderstood his poker face… or she just wanted to keep it as cool as possible.

“Nae!” he smiled softly. “I trust you now” he almost laughed and ed himself.

“Kamsahamnida!” Liana took a short bow and pulled the shirt off his wounded arm.

“Gomawo” he said.

“What?”

“Thank you amongst friends is ‘gomawo’” he explained.

“Gomawo” she copied him slowly untying the knot of the bandage. “This is really starting to look better” she said after she took the plaster off too. “By the way when will you go to take’em off?” she asked again touching the stitches’ wires making his lips’ corners to head upright.

“Take what off?!?” he turned to face her with a disrupted look.

“Turn around please!” she giggled trying to avoid his gaze. “The wires don’t look like the ones they’ll melt away, so I guess you’ll have to go… to remove them…?” she said getting the cotton piece ready. “Did it hurt?...” she suddenly stopped when she even barely touched him and he flinched .

“Ani… just… you took me by surprise…” he babbled, again gathering his pals discreetly in front of his pants. He had no idea if this was because of the ointment she was now applying but the room just turned really hot… and now really quiet.  

“Hand please…”

“My hand…” he smiled when he talked again in the same time with her after he couldn’t feel her touch anymore.

Liana just smiled softly and took the bandage over and underneath his arm without any word whatsoever.

Why did I have to wear these tight jeans today??’  Seunghyun whined for himself every time she stepped in front of him and he had the impression that her eyes always slipped over there.

Why do you always have to look…??’ Liana had her own battles with herself every time her eyes ran over his upper body… and lower.

“Ok, we’re done!” she said after she put the plaster over the bandage’s knot.

“Nae, gomawo!” he smiled when she returned with his shirt from the chair just two steps away.

“Are you upset?” he decided he had to do something about the awkward silence.

“No. Why?” she thought she shouldn’t allow him to even take a hint that she was starting to feel uncomfortable so she ruffled his hair again after she helped his wounded arm to get dressed.

He was about to answer her when four loud knocks on the door froze their hands on his shirt.

“Mrs. Liana!” a squeaky voice was herd together with the following knocks.

“Mrs. Teacher!” a second screechy voice joined in.

“Oh, God! …The kids…?!” Liana barely whispered looking for the clock on the wall.

“The… WHAT?” Seunghyun whispered back looking for her eyes.