...2

Love dust...

  

 

They both got up shaking the dust off of their clothes.

“Oh, are you hurt?” he suddenly said when a red stain from her white sleeve caught his eye.

“Huh?” she asked in disbelieve searching for her possible wound.

She couldn’t find it on herself so she turned her eyes back at him and slipped an “Oh!...” She stretched up her hand: “It’s not me… it’s you sir…”.

“Me?” he asked without understanding how he could possibly get hit, but even her soft touch made his eyebrows come together in a frown. A sharp pain almost sliced his shoulder blade when he tried to put up his arm looking for the prove that he was indeed the one bleeding.

“Oh, my God! I’m so sorry!” she quickly said when they both found the bloody halved bottle laying on the ground right where they fell. “Oh, my God!!” she said again covering after she discovered the other half of the bottle.  

“Teach’!!” a squeaky voice brought a shiver on her body.

Actually two shivers as two little kids grabbed her legs in a tight hug.

“Luiza!! Mark!!” she kneeled before them and managed to shout in between her never stopping tears.

“Teach’… we’re really sorry…” the little boy struggled to say from her strong grip.

“Don’t ever, ever, EVER do this again, kids!” she kept on crying while she was carefully checking their little faces and bodies.

“It’s ok, ma’am! We’re ok…” the girl said. “Mr. Officer took really good care of us. He never let go of my hand…” Luiza tried to calm her down by slowly petting her arm.

“O… Ofi… Officer?” she managed to spell wiping her face.

“Yes!” Luiza answered. “Him!” she pointed towards the deep voiced angel.

The woman looked at him for a brief second before she jumped up grabbing the kids’ hands.

“Thank you so much, mister…” she took a short break so he could fill it up with his name, but he didn’t so she continued: “I really am in debt with you, sir! I don’t know what I would’ve done if they got hurt or something…”

The word ‘hurt’ made her suddenly remember and she quickly started waving for a cab to stop.

“Oh my God!! We really need to take you to a hospital!” she said doing her best to not stare at that half of the bottle stuck in his back.

“It’s really no need to…” the man tried saying, but she cut him of:

“Oh, believe me, it is…”       

After a not really long time, all four of them exited the big hospital. The woman was holding tight on the little kids’ hands and the man was carrying around a soft smile.

“You’re sure you’re ok, sir?” she asked when a taxi stopped right beside them.

“Yes” he answered charmingly.

“Once again, thank you so much… for everything! And… I am really sorry about…” she couldn’t find the courage to spell it out loud but he understood.

“It’s all right…” he smiled.  “I’m really ok!” he tried moving his arm but instead he had to cover up the pain with an oddly wide smile.

“Ok then…” she answered equally awkward. “Good bye sir!” she said taking a short bow before placing the kids inside the car.

The mysterious man waved shortly but he remained there, in front of the hospital until the car got lost from his sight. He smiled again slowly shaking his head and took up his hand to call for his own taxi. The racking pain in his left shoulder blade replaced the soft smile with a frown and an avalanche of bad words. The buzz in his left back pocket didn’t really help his situation making him swear again. He reached it quite fast and answered a little rough.

“Oh!... No, nothing…” he softened his voice trying to calm down the speaker on the other side.  “yes, yes… Of course I’m on my way…” he even smiled getting inside the cab.

***

The sun was up for more than several hours, but these almond eyes refused opening up even though they flickered every time a stronger ray laid on them.

“Sleeping beauty!” a soft voice shouted from behind the black and brown squares door.

The answer came through a deep sigh as the door opened gently and a good looking guy entered the room. He wasn’t really tall, but his really well built body stuck out its every detail through the grey sweater he was wearing. 

“Up-a-daisy!” the guy said applying an angelic smile to his honey-like voice.

He set down on the bed’s edge easily touching the sleepyhead’s hand. He lost his smile and panicked when a red stain wet the sheets underneath the sleeping man.

“Oh my God, hyung!  Get up! Are you ok??” he almost shouted without being able to take his eyes off of the blooded sheet.

“What do you want Dae-Dae?!” the man grunt loudly grabbing a pillow next to him to chase away this disturbance. He instantly regretted his gesture when the pain in his shoulder spread sweat drops all over his forehead.

“Ahh!!...” he whined a little before his upper lip grabbed its lower sister in a self-imposed silence.

“You said you went to the hospital!” Dae-Dae chided on him.

“But I did!...” he tried to speak as accurate as he could.

His bandages looked like a professional indeed handed him, but his friend’s angelic voice started losing its patience and seemed like gathering up decibels:

“What did you say it happened?”

“Aish… nothing, I’m ok…” he answered waving his healthy hand through his hair.

“Choi Seunghyun, don’t you dare ‘ok-ing me’!” Dae-Dae almost shouted.

“Yah, dongsaeng, calm down…” Seunghyun laughed softly. “I already told you last night…” he started explaining again how he saved that girl.

“THIS is from that fall?” Dae-Dae asked almost smiling.

“Mhm!” Seunghyun answered. “Why are you smiling?”

“I was just wondering” Dae said almost without being able to withhold his giggles “… was she that fat?” he unleashed his laughter making his older friend pout and lastly throw the pillow in his face.