...25

Love dust...

 "What's wrong? Why won't you get the door?" Mike also came out of the shower wiping out the water on his face with an extra large towel.

"I... I am... i am..." Liana mumbled shuffling towards the door.  She grabbed the  knob and rolled to face Mike once again. "Please, hurry up and cover yourself..." she said but these words were mostly for her... she really hoped Seunghyun wouldn't be that stupid to make something as silly and absurd as this..if it was really him at the door right now.   She took a discreet sigh and pushed down the door's knob. 

"Mornin' love birds!" Mariana's voice brought back Liana's heart beats.  "You know what, mrs.?  You're in real deep problems..." Mariana had a little guilty fun mocking Liana's face that started changing colors already. "If you think that now because your husband is here you can run away from your duties, you're most wrong" she barely could hold in her laughter that slowly faded off when Liana's eyes started casting discreet failure warnings.

"Oh, come on!" Mike grabbed Liana's shoulder. "Stop being so mean to her" he smiled kissing the top of her head. "As far as i could understand she did passed by little Mark's last night. Didn't she?" he pierced Mariana's eyes. 

Lucky Mariana could hold back quite well her reactions and suddenly, totally naturally broke forth:

"Oh, That slick Mihaela! She lied to me, then! Ah, i'll have one word with her!" she almost felt sorry for Liana's lack of color right now, so, she again had to do something. She grabbed her hand mostly to make her snap out of it: "So? What are you waiting for?! It's past your duty time! Let's go! At first we have to reorder our shifts!... I'll be waiting down stairs. Don't take to long, ok?" she softened up a lot making Liana's heart flutter in doubt, then she quietly left the room, but not before yelling from behind the door: "Don't be late!"

Mike turned to face Liana and widely smiled when her sweet smile embraced him. 

"What's wrong with her? I remembered her as a more down to earth one" he said leaning for a kiss. "You'd better hurry up... I don't want them ending up saying you lost a kid or something" he laughed confident after the 10 seconds kiss. 

"What?" Liana couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry. "Why would they say that?..." she tried her best to remember if she ever told him about the time when she lost Luisa and Mark. "OHh!!!" she suddenly said when she realized she did told him about that day. "You simply can't forget it, can you!" she pretended to get upset and quickly pooched his lips. "Usually i'm back..."

"By 9 or 10 at night. I know!" Mike finished her sentence. "It's ok, i'll just go out and get familiar with the place" he simply eye-followed her as she got changed for work in her everlasting black jeans and over-sized sweater.  

"Have a nice day!" she said kissing him one more time, then she got lost behind the door. At least that's what she was supposed to do, but for a couple of seconds she just stood there, glued on the door, just to regain the strength in her legs so she could convince them to move. Her era was still glued on the door when she heard Mike entering the bathroom. She took a deep breath and slowly walked along the hallway all the way up to the elevators, when something grabbed her arm and pulled her.

"Ssst!" an extremely comfortable voice  stopped her from screaming.

''Wha... what are you doing here??" she whispered but Mariana's posture froze her in a glance. Instead, Mariana didn't stopped, she only eye-gestured them to use the elevator she just rode up and turned around after a few steps to follow them.

Seunghyun grabbed Liana's hand and pulled her inside.

"W...why..." Liana mumbled.

"You know i'm a er for love stories" Mariana answered as she walked towards them.

"Kamsahamnida!" Seunghyun took a deep bow when she stopped right before entering the elevator.

"Stop looking at me like that!" she amused herself seeing Liana's totally white face. "You know i'll do anything for my girls" she winked while Seunghyun pressed the first floor key.

Only after the elevator's 'ding' Liana started to breath again and blinked several times.

"What was that?..." she mumbled.

"Are you ok?" Seunghyun cupped her face.

"Mm?" she looked for his eyes. "How does she...how did she... why are you here?" she asked as whispered as before. 

"You're cute!" Seunghyun smiled kissing her. "Here... Ibayo*! Look!" he said blocking the elevator, then searching for his cellphone inside his jeans pocket. 

Liana was still trying to recover all of her humanly reactions such as breathing, standing, heart beating... while he browsed for something on his phone.

"Here!" he suddenly put it up.

At first she couldn't understand much, actually she couldn't understand at all because it was all written in Korean, but after he swiped up a picture popped. She would've said something but her words refused to get out so she quickly grabbed the phone to take a better look at it. 

"Mhm..." Seunghyung sympathized. "I have no idea what to do next..." he admitted gazing at their picture from the church last night. 

"I think we should really..." Liana finally spoke trying to make her voice not to shake much.

"Mwo*?..." he knew what she was about to say but he had to cut her off even if her teary eyes spoke louder than her voice would've. "No! Absolutely not..." he smiled. "If we can hide once, we can do it twice too, right?..." the confidence in his voice seemed to fade a little. "Right?..." he looked for her eyes when her answer wouldn't come.

"You think you can overcome it all?" she pierced his eyes for a second then she threw them back on the phone's screen.

"Eo*!" he answered sincerely.     

"But i'll..." Liana's tears broke down by his bright face.

"You're not confident enough?" 

"It's not that. I'll just..." she spoke, absently swiping down on the phone, making Seunghyun believe she saw the news about the world tour his band was about to have in two days. He felt the need to lean onto something so he took a step back to touch the cold elevator's wall and propped on it.

"I'll be leaving for Japan in two days..." he sighed. 

"I know..." she couldn't turn to face him.

"But it will be only for one week... if we could..." even though he tried to sound loud he was mostly mumbling. 

"We'll be leaving on Thursday..."  

"Eodi*...?" he leant deeper on the wall.

"Home..."

Seunghyun's eyes fell on the left corner of the phone she was still holding up and stopped on the date: 'Tu 11/23'. 

"Mianhamnida*..." Liana finally turned to face him.

"Ani!*" he refused the gathering tears with a wide smile. "We should definitely get the best out of these days..." 

"Ne..." she agreed looking for his eyes, cupping his face like he used to do managing to steal another wide smile from him. She kissed him until the elevator's 'ding' doubled their eyes. Seunghyun quickly checked on the "block'' key he knew he pressed quite a while ago - it wasn't red anymore. The doors started opening up so Liana rolled around to face them, while Seunghyun took one unnoticeable step towards the corner of the elevator.

Liana simply stood there, trying to connect her brain to Mike's imagine from in front of her. 

"Hey!" Mike smiled. "You're back so soon?" he asked trying to get a better look at the men who just got off the elevator.

"N... No..." Liana started babbling but only until Seunghyun hit her shoulder while exiting. She suddenly stared at Mike.

"Hey! What's wrong with that men? So rude! Dude! Look where you're going?!" Mike watched after Seunghyun for a couple of seconds. "Are you ok?" he turned back to Liana, but he was taken a little aback when he met her smiling face. "What?... What's so funny..." he smiled too.

"You" she answered grabbing his arm.

"Why?"

"Just so" she started dragging him away from the elevator but stopped after 2 steps. "Oh, where were you going?"

"For a walk. How about you?" Mike asked trying to get a glimpse of the way Seunghyun took, as if he knew he'd still be there, hiding somehow. 

"Umm... I was coming back because i couldn't find Mariana and i thought she might be back here..." 

'Is this the best you had??' she quarreled with herself but she only put up a soft smile.

"Ok..." Mike smiled back. "I'll be out. If you need anything, call me" he placed a kiss on her forehead and started walking towards the stairs. When he was about to reach the end of them, Mariana just climbed up the last one.

"She's back here. She was looking for you and..." Mike said but suddenly stopped looking like he saw something that he had to follow. He simply smiled and apologized then, without a haste started climbing down the stairs. 

Mariana eye-followed him until she heard Liana's steps. 

"Oh!" she hurried to her.

"Why did you..." Liana started talking but Mariana shushed her.

"Come..." she whispered pulling her further from the stairs. "Is everything ok?" she kept on whispering.

"Yeah... why..." Liana's soul started shivering.

"Why on earth did you have to stop the elevator?!" Mariana whispered again.

"What??" Liana's eyes doubled again.

"Right after you got on the elevator with..." she stopped trying to look for a way to address Seunghyun by, but she couldn't find one so she gave up, and kept on "...Mike came out of the room! I talked to him but why did you have to stop the elevator in between the floors!? I told him you took the other elevator so i pretended to go down stairs to look for you, but he stood here!! What happened?..." Mariana whispered quite fast.


***

Mike took one silent step after another. The same black shoes from the elevator were now right in front of him and he was patiently following them. He quickly checked the surroundings - the black shoes headed for the rear parking lot, which threw a pleased grin on Mike's face. 

 

 


 

 

 

 

________

Ibayo* - Look here

Mwo* - what 

Eo* - more informal 'yes' 

Eodi* - where

Mianhamnida* - sorry/i am sorry

Ne* - yes