...12

Love dust...

   He touched the door, to open it and run outside, but her words froze him:

   "I'm falling in love, father... I think I love him already... Jesus Christ, it's only been three days!! But this is so wrong... What should i do?... How do I get over it?... And he's just a kid... " her soft laughter tried to cover up for the tears that wouldn't stop falling.

   Jiyong didn't had the heart to stand up anymore, and just looked for his friend's eyes when they couldn't hear her voice anymore. She wasn't gone, she was just sobbing. Seunghyun got ready to open the small door again, when her voce cut him off once more:

   "You're right, father... I wan't allow a silly teenage flush to destroy 10 years of..." she couldn't spell out the word and that made her bite the insides of her cheeks.

   Seunghyun sat on the little chair, making the small booth to tremble a little.

   "Gwaenchanh-ayo? Are you ok, father?" she quickly wiped away her tears, understanding just now that she spoke only in English.

   She tried to look in between the panel's pinholes, but beside a dark haired men she couldn't understand what he was doing or how he could look, he just seamed so fat that you might think that there were two people inside.

   "Mianhaeyo, father... But I'll leave now!... Kamsahmnida" she tried her best to keep a simely face and jumped out.

   The boys just listened her foot steps getting faster and faster, and only when they couldn't be heard at all, Ji whispered:

   "What was that all about?" he said getting up to cleanse his pants. "Hyung?..." he turned to face Seunghyun who wasn't yet moving. He kneeled back to look for his friend's eyes.  "Hyung...." he said again a little more boldly "...was she talking about you?"

   "Huh? Mwo? ...Oh... mhm... i think she was" Seughyun finaly responded when Ji's hand touched his.

 

***

 

   The big, round clock on the wall indicated 10 in the morning. After she quickly checked it, Liana went to take a last glance in the mirror.  She untied her hair and without a haste she gathered everything up to take them inside the room.

   The first aid kit, the medicinal alcohol, the plasters and the bandages all waited for him, pilled up on the small table next to the armchair. As always, she waited silently to hear the two knocks before she opened the door, smiling.

   " 'Morning, kid... Are... are you ok?" she swallowed her smile when she met Seunghyun's eyes.

   'You put on quite a show, don't you?...' he got even angrier when her smiling face invited him inside. Except for the soft makeup, the pinkish - red blush  perfectly matching the lipstick and her  loose, long hair covering her back, everything else was just the same as last night, even the sweater, making him to realize she put on the makeup just to hide the marks of a sleepless night. He stared at her for a short while, trying to convince his lips to ask about last night but he couldn't do it. he simply answered, lowering his eyes:

   "Yeah, i'm fine..."

   "You surely don't look fine..." Liana whispered mostly for herself, then she brought back her smile and spoke louder: "Come on in! Are you planning to stay there forever?" she wanted to grab his hand to pull him inside the room but he stepped before she could do it.

   She calmed herself down through an intangible quick sigh while locking the door.

   "All right, now..." she turned to face him again.

   Her never-fading smile that almost got lost when she followed his hands all the way to the upper buttons of his shirt that were getting awkwardly loosed up.

   "Whaaa! Now that's what i call progress!" she enthused trying her best to mask the disappointment in her voice.

   'See?? At least he's normal and thinks at you as just a nurse!' her mind blew up on her but she somehow managed to keep the corners of the mouth up.

   When he met her eyes, Seunghyun, once again, forgot how to remain mad on her, and the most soft and sincere smile flourished on his face, making the pink shade on Liana's cheeks to become a little more colorful. His eyes turned back on the floor suddenly when he, for just a half of a second, herd her voice again saying 'i'm falling in love'. His hands got stuck in the air when her fingers helped the last two buttons to break open. Without a word he started staring at the long time battered corner on the ceiling until she took the shirt off of him. After she got his non-verbal approval, she gently removed the bandage.

   "Good news!" she said "I think today will be the day you'll say goodbye to these..." she threw the clean piece of cloth on the table next to them. She then took off the big patch and dabbed the wound with very careful and delicate movements.

   "But... Are you sure you're all right?" she had to ask again because every time she touched him, he would slightly flinch.

   "Mhm..." he answered slowly.

   "You don't have to be like this..." Liana started talking as she stretched over to get back the shirt from the armchair.

   "Mwo?..." he froze looking at her.

   'How did she found out... Did she... Was there anything that gave me away?...' his mind asked a thousand questions in the very short second before she continued her idea:

   "... today you don't have to help me with the kids again" she smiled bringing back the frown and disappointment on his face.

   "Huh? I never said it bothered me!" he shouted a little louder than he anticipated, making Liana to stare at him and frost in place. "I mean..." he sighed.

   'Stop staring at me like that! With that innocent face of yours!' he would've wanted to shout again but his lips wouldn't move anymore, they just mumbled a word that resembled "noona..."

   'You're definitely going crazy' Liana thought for herself again and regained control over her body. She smiled and approached him. Before she could ask for his hand, he already stretched it out without any word.  She pulled the shirt over the hit shoulder first and over the other one, then she placed herself in front of him. She hesitated a while, not knowing what would it be best to do: help him again or simply let him handle the buttons. She looked for his eyes, but instantly regretted it. To kill the awkward feeling, she smiled brightly:

   "Noona...?" she started talking in a little more pinched voice than usual. "What ever happened to Lee-ssi... I liked her..." she even tried to joke.

   "Noona... what do you think about ...me?" he finally got to use his voice... in a deeper tone, but he managed to use it, even though right now the question seamed to sound a little wrong in English...

   "Umm..." she looked for a place to hide her eyes, but unfortunately they only got to hide on his bare chest. "... I think you'll heal soon enough and I..." she quickly removed them from there and stare at him.

   She thought she'll be more powerful if she'll face him, but his next words turned her numb:

   "...as a man...?"

   "Huh?... wha.... ?..." Liana lost her focus and the words started getting out just as logatoms.

   "Noona..." Seunghyun said taking her hand in his and placed it on his heart "...this is what i think of you... as a woman" .