...21

Love dust...


 

Her phone buzzed inside her blue cross-hatchers spencer. Without paying attention on Mariana's words, she took it out to check on it. It was a message from an unknown number" 'I'm at an art gallery, but i'm only looking at you...' she read it, but unfortunately she wasn't discreet enough, so when she rolled around to look for its sender, Mariana did the same. They both found him on one of the frames on the glass wall. Liana smiled and Mariana's eyes widened at such an image (or at some people's luck) - Seunghyun really looked like the painting of a modern prince with his taintless baby-blue suit; one hand inside the pants' pocket, the other holding the phone and the deadliest y stare made Liana's heart skip a beat. 

Seunghyun also smiled delighted by the wonderful turn of the events and shyly lowered his eyes on the phone's screen when it buzzed in his hand. He was expecting an angry "Where do you have my number from?" with a lots of questions marks or even angry emojis, but he doubled their size when he got instead a picture of himself, surrounded by that gold-like painting frame.  He took a deep bow that Daesung noticed and quickly looked for its remittee.

"Hyung, isn't she..." he tried to speak, but Seunghyun grabbed his arm.

"Dae-ah, ttara-wa*!" he quickly said and they got lost in the crowd.

"Annyeong haseyo!" his voice startled the two women looking for him on the glass wall.

"Oh... a...Annyeong..." Liana took a short bow while Mariana answered with an astounded English  "Good evening".

"My name is Choi Seunghyun" he started talking freezing both of the women "We've met so many times before but I never got to properly introduce myself" he had to explain otherwise he might've died with laughter looking at Liana's dumbfounded face. "And this is my friend, Kang Daesung" he added trying to make it sound a little less obvious.

"It's a pleasure to meet you" Dae quickly spoke.

"It's a pleasure to meet you too" Mariana said, stretching out her hand. "I am Mariana and she is Mrs. Liana Dobre”, she toned up a little on the ‘Mrs.’ part, making Daesung’s eyes widen a little and Liana’s to lower on the ground, pretending to bow again.

Seunghyun unnoticeable poked Daesung and he quickly said:

“Aren’t them wonderful?”

“Huh?” Liana stared at him.

“What are?” Mariana also asked.

“The… the paintings!” Dae quickly added realizing it sounded a little awkward.    

“Oh…” both of the women said.

“Yes, yes they are!” Liana added smiling softly.

“So…” Dae started again when a second poke came from his friend. “What do you think about our country…?” Dae found himself asking.

“Marius!” Liana shouted suddenly to try chase away the awkwardness of the situation. “Stop running! You’ll hurt yourself!” she reached the boy in four steps, catching his arm.

“ But Miss… I gotta go…” the boy pledged.

“Go where? We’re not leaving now…” Liana didn’t understood his words  until she didn’t saw the crossed legs on the unnatural ‘dance’. “Oooh! Um…” she rolled around but she wasn’t able to spot anything looking like a possible bathroom.

“Umm… excuse me please…” she turned to face the boys.

“What’s wrong?” Mariana asked the first.

“Can you help me?” Liana looked like she was addressing to Daesung, but Seunghyun took over the lead.

“Yes? What seems to be the problem?” he asked stepping towards her.

“Is… is there a bathroom in here?” she looked like she had difficulties in spelling  without babbling.

“Of course there is!” Seunghyun smiled and gestured towards a door. “Come with me…”

“Can we go faster, please??” little Marius pulled on Liana’s sleeve.

“Sure… Let’s go!” she agreed on following Seunghyun, who smiled charmingly – karma was really on his side today.

He smiled all the way to the washrooms that were somewhere further than the gallery rooms, down on some long, really bright, red hallway.

They finally reached the white doors and Marius burst inside the one indicating a man. Liana almost followed him inside, when Seunghyun caught her hand.

“What do you think you’re doing?” they both asked.

“I’m…” Liana wanted to answer first, but again they spoke at once.

“You’re not going inside the men’s restroom!” he laughed out loud.

“He’s just a little boy..” Liana smiled.

“He’s 7! I’m sure he knows how to put his pants on. …And besides… who knows who else’s inside there…”

“Yeah, my point exactly…” Liana pushed him away.

“Ani! Andwae!” he pushed the door’s knob and went halfway in. “I’ll go!”

“You’re sure?”

“Can’t you see me?...” he laughed closing the door behind him.

she smiled on her own and disappeared behind the white door with the women sign on it.Oh, I have to go too!’ “Thanks God!” Liana took a liberator sigh. ‘

“How do you say ‘thank you’ in Korean?” Marius asked when Seunghyun handed him a paper towel.

“Gomabseubnida*” Seunghyun smiled knowing he won’t be able to say it.  “Gomabseubnida*” Seunghyun smiled knowing he won’t be able to say it.  

"Goma...pse...mida..."  the child said, bowing.

"You people are very fast learners, aren't you?" Seunghyun smiled really impressed and took him by the hand. He didn't even realised Liana wasn't there anymore, he just took little Marius back to teacher Mariana.

"Where's teacher Liana?" Mariana asked the boy.

Even if Seunghyun didn't know the language the old teacher spoke, he instantly understood that she might've asked where was Liana, since he knew how they pronounced her name, so he intuitively rolled around to look for her too.

"She's not here?" he asked in English.

"Wasn't she with you?" Mariana seemed like firing back.

"Yeah, but we used the men's..." Seunghyun started explaining when something hit his mind. 

"Well, maybe she's still in there" Mariana  said turning her back at him, to help and listen Daesung’s good English as he was describing what he saw in some paintings to a bunch of curious kids. She shook her head and softly smiled when Seunghyun, thinking that nobody will notice, made a u-turn and went back to where the restrooms were. She took a deep sigh and joined the children gathered up in a large pile.  

Liana just exited and was about to close the bathroom's door, when something caught her hand. 

"Wha..." she meant to curse on whatever it was that was holding her, but instead she smiled. "What are you doing?" she asked Seunghyun when he dragged her a few steps towards the men's bathroom. 

"Ssst!" he smiled and checked the surroundings - there was nobody else in there.

"What's wrong?" she pretended to whisper "Do you need help?" she smiled but froze when he answered calmly "Yeah".

"Are you insane??" she snapped at him whispering as he pulled her inside. 

He closed the door and rolled the knob to lock it up too.

"Yeah" he answered again. 

He wouldn't let her say another word so he quickly kissed her, but after she enjoyed the kiss for several seconds, she pushed him away.

"You know we've been caught?" she explained when he looked at her with sad eyes.

"Who?" he got a little scared.

"Mariana" she answered.

"Mari... who? What?"    

"Mariana... the teacher..."

"Ohh... yeah, I noticed the way she was staring at me" Seunghyun smiled relieved. For an instant he thought at something worst. He was so grateful it wasn't so he cupped her face in his hands and kissed her again.

"Yah... Kiddo, don't you think you're way too 'carpe diem'?" she tried to stop him, but he wouldn't let go.

"No" he smiled and kissed her again.

"What about the kids..." she asked stopping him again.

He looked at her and smiled thinking this was… could be some sort of a preview of a married couple. Seeing that he wasn't yet reacting, Liana thought she convinced him to stop, but just to make sure, she felt the need to add some more:

"If Mariana notices our absence she'll"...

She couldn't finish her sentence because he kissed her again, this time deeper, hotter. His hands started gliding down her back as the kiss became more and more hungry.

Mariana was indeed delighted by Daesung's presence, so much that she didn't even notice the fact that Liana never came back from the bathroom, and it was past a half an hour already. She was having a really good time, laughing and discussing art. She sighed loudly when a buzz in her pocket made her excuse to him and take a few steps back. Her eyes almost popped out and she quickly looked around, just now realizing Liana's absence. Daesung, as a fine observant that he was, he understood something wrong happened, especially when her hands shook when she finally answered the phone.

"Oh, Mr. Dobre!" she said loud enough hoping that Daesung could apprehend the name.  

He did, but before he could react in any way he saw her turning all white and rolling towards the main entrance of the room. He turned white as well eye-following the tall, handsome man walking towards teacher Mariana with a wide smile on his face.

"No way..." he mumbled and his hands couldn't reach his phone fast enough.
            Seunghyun was buttoning up his last shirt button when his phone begun buzzing on the marble counter. He looked at the caller's ID.

"Aish... I'll be right there" he spoke to the phone dismissing Daesung's call. the phone started  buzzing again. Still Daesung’s calling. His heart already started a mutiny inside and he truly feared to answer it. When Daesung called the third time too, he quickly grabbed it.

"Mm... Mwo...?" he mumbled before he threw the phone on the wall smashing it into 3 different pieces.   
          Liana made a final check-up before she took the final three steps she needed to reach the gallery room. Her hair was all in perfect shape, her outfit as spotless as before, even the lipstick was on spot. She smiled confidently, getting ready to go back to Mariana, but her feet became numb and refused to walk again.

 

 

   


     

 

    

___________________

*Ttara wa - come with me

*Gomabseubnida – thank you (formal)