...11

Love dust...

   

    "What I must've talked to Dae-Dae about?" he tried again after a little while.

   "I don't know..." Seunghyun played innocent. "Nothing... How could I know..." he started saing but never got to finish, he just suddenly wiped the windshield to take a better view outside.

   "What? What's wrong?" Ji quickly checked the street looking for the thing that made his friend go "HUH?!". 

   He never find it... Except for the only lunatic walking in the rain as if nothing mattered in this world, no other soul was visible anywhere else. He turned to ask Seunghyun what he meant by that, but his seat was empty. 

   "Hyung??!"... he rolled in his chair looking everywhere for him. This time he did found him, on the crosswalk, stalking the lunatic he saw earlier. He eye-followed them until he could understand their path and when the green light allowed him to, he moved towards it.

 

***


   Liana noticed the slowly driving car but she simply passed it by without realizing that someone else was walking behind her.  

they all suddenly stopped in front of some big wooden doors. She took a deep breath and counted to three, then she pushed them open. After just two steps, she froze in the doorstep. Seunghyun, quickly took a step back thinking she might've noticed him. She didn't, she just needed to take another deep breath and make a rigorous check up before she started talking out loud:

   "Umm... look... I know we don't really talk... but today I just need to talk to someone and I'm afraid no one else would understand me..." she said slowly walking towards the nicely decorated, wooden ortodox shrine. 

   Seunghyun silently followed her inside and sat on the first bench, so she couldn't notice him even if she would turn around. 

   A soft ringtone froze her again. Seunghyung quickly checked his phone, but her voice brought back his breath.

   "Hello!" she answered in an unknown language. "Yes..." she said again and felt the need to sit so she sat on the thrid bench from him. She sounded a little tense, so he rose his eyes above the bench's back to get a glimpse of her, but just then he noticed the door cracking. 

   "What are YOU doing here??" he snapped mostly with his eyes, barely whispering at Jiyong who entered as quiet as he could.   

   Before Ji could even answer, Seunghyun grabbed his sleeve and dragged him on the bench, next to him. Because Liana seamed to have a really deep and somehow conflicting conversation, he signaled Jiyong to follow him but keep it silent. When they reached her, he lowered his head so she wouldn't see his face, even though he couldn't help but feel a little disappointed that she didn't even noticed them. Her two sliding tears froze him for a second. He got lost following them all the way down to her imposed, heartsick smile that she was forcing to stick on her lips. She must've notice them, because she turned away a little, snapping him out of his thoughts. He quickly grabbed Ji's arm and walked up to the wooden shrine. He made him kneel and glue his hands one to the other, as for saying a prayer. 

   "What are we doing?" Ji whispered.

   "Sst!..." Seunghyun mumbled, trying to understand at least one word. "What language do you think it's this?" he whispered back.

   "Huh? Why would I know?... Italian?..." Ji answered turning a little to look at her.

   "Sst!..." Seunghyun said again but he also rolled his eyes to look at her.

   Liana finished talking and she was now shoving her cellphone inside the rear pocket of her pants. She took a deep sigh and rolled around. She was sure that she saw someone earlier, but the church was plain empty now.  She turned around again to stare at the Messiah statue. She checked her cheeks... they felt like burning. She took another deep sigh and slowly wiped her teary eyes while walking towards the statue. 

   "Aish... halmeoni, you really lost it..." Liana said making Ji's eyebrows to rise and Seunghyun's smile to flourish.

   Seunghyun covered Ji's mouth with his big hand, squeezing inside the small confessional booth. 

   'Oh, c'mon... I don't think... Could it be... the person I saw must've been the priest?...' she thought for herself  mustering up the courage to approach the wooden booth. 

   She hesitatingly grabbed the door and opened it through a weak creak. The 50 square centimeters looked as if they were screaming for her to get inside. She listened to them and stepped in. 

   "Oh..." she suddenly froze the boys when she glimpsed them in between the panel's pinholes. "Mian... Mianhamnida... I didn't know there might actually be someone in here..." she said lowering her eyes as one should do when talking to a priest.

   Seunghyun turned his back to the panel sharpening his voice and grabbing Ji's mouth tighter, then said something in Korean.

   "Oh... I am sorry Father, but I do not speak Korean..." Liana smiled a little ashamed.

   Once again Seunghyun answered using Korean.

   "I... " Liana spoke again "...I have no idea of what you just said, but I need this, so i'll assume you said I can talk no matter the language..." she said without realizing she was actually using English instead of her mother tongue. "Father..." she started again after she waited for a second to see if the what-she-though-be-a-priest will go outside or if she will be allowed to talk. "...I wish you could really understand me... I could really need an advice... Father, i'm not a bad woman... but I feel I'm about to disappoint everyone in my life right now... You know, i never wanted to come on this trip... But they insisted it will be good for me so I ended up believing them. But now... now i really regret it, father...", she talked in quite high speed. "Everything  started wrong from the beginning... but  then I..." she stopped a little just to take a bit of fresh air and Seunghyun's hands became a little softer on poor Ji's mouth. 

   "But then I met him..." Liana said after a long silence that almost made Seunghyun turn around to check if she would still be there, but instead he got a new tight grip on Ji's mouth.  

   "You know... that kind of man that makes you forget about anything and everything..." she sighed and started loosing the flow and logic in her speech. "But I can't... Really I must not... For so many reasons... I really..."

   Seunghyun finally released his 'hostage' and turned around to face her but the wooden panel would only allow him to take a soft glimpse on her face. Yet it was enough to understand that she was crying. He touched the door, to open it and run outside, but her words froze him:

   "I'm falling in love, father... I think I love him already... But this is so wrong... Jesus Christ, there's only been three days! What should i do?... How do I get over it?..." she spoke in quite high speed.  "And he's just a kid... " her soft laughter tried to cover up for the tears that wouldn't stop falling.