Chapter Eight

Famous in Love

The car ride back was a long and silent one.

Once the sun had set and the night was beginning to fall, we decided to leave before it got too late. But for some reason, the minute we got in the car, the air between us went from light to heavy.

Mark appeared distressed and frustrated, his eyebrows furrowing together while he concentrated on the road.

I was tempted to ask if he was alright, but thought better of it. Giving him space instead of prying into his mind seemed like the best option.

For a moment, I thought maybe it had something to do with me, considering the fact that he never even said one word on our way back. Not even a simple glance.

After thirty minutes of nothing but pure silence, we finally arrive back to Mark's house, only for him to hastily turn off the engine and get out of the car, leaving me behind feeling utterly confused.

What's up with him?

I undo my seat belt and follow behind him, but making sure to keep my distance. He unlocks the door and goes in first, never giving me any hint of acknowledgement.

That's it.

"Is everything oka--" I begin to ask, but accidentally bump into him. Before I could say anything, I freeze at the sound of unfamiliar voices.

"Where have you been?"

"Don't you know what time it is?"

"We've been waiting for hours!"

Their interrogation abruptly stops when their eyes land on me as I stand sheepishly behind Mark.

Oh my lord.

It's the rest of them.

I never quite understood what it meant to be starstruck--until now. Because when you find yourself to be the center of attention of ALL the members of GOT7, you start to feel some type of way.

They stood there, each and every one of them, completely shocked as their eyes flashed between Mark and I. And it wasn't until then when I realized exactly what they were thinking.

"Yah! You have a girlfriend?!" One of them spoke first.

"When were you gonna tell us?" Another added on.

"No wonder he had his phone turned off." The one standing next to him wiggled his eyebrows, causing me to laugh.

"She's just an old friend." Mark hastily corrects them, after coming back to his senses from being momentarily stunned. "What are you guys doing here?"

They all ignore him.

"Any friend of Mark is a friend of ours." One boy says with an infectious smile and jet black hair, "What's your name?"

My heart almost skips a beat by his enticing features, "I'm Luna."

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Jaebum."

Another boy steps forward, the tallest of the bunch no doubt. "I'm Yugyeom. And even though I'm the youngest, don't let my age fool you."

"You can call me Jinyoung." The one standing beside Yugyeom says, a pair of glasses framing his face cutely. He was sweet and simple.

"I'm Youngjae." He bows and says something in Korean, but then realizes that I don't understand him. "Sorry, force of habit." He laughs it off.

I was pretty impressed with how fluent their English was. Granted, ever since they made their U.S. debut not too long ago, they gained a lot of popularity here in the states.

"I'm BamBam," The tall and skinny boy walks towards me and winks as he runs his hand through his dark auburn hair, "Try not to fall in love with me."

"Don't scare her away." The one next to him scowls, and BamBam retaliates. "Speak for yourself!"

The blonde haired boy places his arm around him, "Don't worry, after a while you learn to ignore the kid." He tells me, earning a chuckle from my part. "I'm Jackson, the comedic relief of the family. But BamBam here likes to argue otherwise." He playfully ruffles his hair.

"He doesn't know what he's talking about, don't listen to him." BamBam tries to assure me, and both him and Jackson begin to tussle at each other, until Jaebum pushes them both back.

"Oh shut up you two lovebirds." He rolls his eyes, and the rest of the members snicker. "Anyways," Jaebum brings his attention back to me, "We've never met one of Mark's friends before." He pauses, "Although, had I known he was friends with such a pretty girl like you, I would of asked to meet you sooner."

My face immediately flushes at his charm.

BamBam scoffs behind him, "You call that flirting?"

"She's not up for grabs." Mark suddenly interrupts and instantaneously takes a hold of my hand. The rest of the members and I stare at him in shock by his actions, causing him to clear his throat and awkwardly let go.

Wait...did he just get jealous?

"Seems like someone already called dibs." Yugyeom says under his breath, and they all giggle.

"So are you guys just going to stand there or are we going to get this party started?" Youngjae looks around the room.

"Excuse me?" Mark stiffens next to me.

Jackson takes a seat on the white leather couch, "Oh come on dude! It's Friday night! When was the last time we had the weekend to ourselves? We don't get much free time and you know that."

"Exactly!" BamBam adds, "Besides, it's just us man. You act like we're total strangers." He leans over discreetly to Jackson and whispers in his ear, "You canceled all those party invites, right?"

He nods in return, and I can't help but laugh when I catch their interaction. Jackson notices me and winks, bringing his finger up to his lips, telling me to keep quiet.

BamBam makes his way over to the kitchen and starts to take out bags of chips and soda cans, "Take a chill pill, man. It's time for you to have some fun for once."

I nudge Mark with my shoulder, "Yeah Mark, loosen up a little." I and he glares at me in return.

Yugyeom walks over to the speakers built into the wall and connects his phone via Bluetooth, "Do we have any requests?"

"DUDE. DO YOU EVEN HAVE TO ASK?!" BamBam shouts incredulously as he runs out from the kitchen with his hands full of all kinds of snacks and drinks and set's them on the large coffee table.

Next thing I know, Panda by Desiigner starts blasting through the house, and BamBam begins to dab like there's no tomorrow.

Some of the boys get up to join, and they pull me along with them and start dancing. I couldn't help but laugh at their exaggerated moves and crazy antics. Who would of known the members of GOT7 would end up being such party animals?

"WAIT." Jackson yells from the kitchen and everybody stops to look at him, a devilish smile creeping onto his lips, "We can't have a party without party favors." He says as he raises his arms up, revealing two large glass bottles in each hand.

"No way." Mark scowls at him, "No alcohol tonight."

"Why not? We've got no place to be tomorrow! If anything, we'll just sleepover, like we always do."

, hold up...

I look at Mark and easily read his mind. "You can't." He spills out rather harshly.

Jaebum walks over to Jackson and starts prying one of the bottles open, "And why is that?"

"Because..." Mark falters as he tries to find an excuse to tell them.

"Because we had plans tomorrow." I lie.

"Then you should sleepover too, so then we can all hang out!" BamBam says as he heads to the kitchen cabinet and starts pulling out tiny shot glasses. The rest of the boys agree.

"What do you think, Luna?" Jaebum asks.

I look at Mark hesitantly, and he simply shrugs back at me.

"Sure." I respond with a small smile. A little lie won't hurt anybody.

As if on cue, Jaebum finally manages to pop the bottle of liquor, "Bar's open, folks." He announces and everybody flocks to the counter, all except Mark.

"Who wants to go first?" Jackson says as he fills up the small glasses.

"Should it be our pretty guest of honor?" Jaebum playfully smiles at me.

"Actually," I pause, "I think the host should take the first swig." I turn around and face Mark.

He scoffs, "Your funny."

"Aw, is little Markipoo afraid?" I tease and the boys howl with laughter.

His eyes narrow down on me until his lips curve, "Fine. Two can play that game." He comes over and picks up one of the shot-glasses.

"Is it lime then salt?" BamBam asks to no one in particular.

"No, it's shot, then salt, then lime." Jackson rolls his eyes and corrects him.

"You guys are a pain in the , you know that?" Mark says. He then turns to me and raises his shot-glass, "This one's for you." His eyes penetrate deep into mine before tilting his head up and swallowing the alcohol in one gulp.

"Your turn."