Chapter Ten

Famous in Love

MARK'S POV

"YAH! You guys went to the pool without telling us?!" BamBam shouted after having interrupted whatever moment Luna and I were having.

The rest of the boys had followed him outside and were currently taking their shirts off and jumping in the pool. Jinyoung was behind them as he struggled to carry some of the liquor bottles.

I catch the way Jaebum looks at Luna and something inside of me begins to boil.

I don't like the way he looks at her.

Wait.

I shouldn't care.

I don't care.

Then why the was I just about to ing kiss her?

Because I'm drunk, that's why.

And any guy who's drunk will latch on to whatever female is closest to him.

It doesn't mean anything.

"God, I'm starving." Jinyoung states as he sits by the edge of the pool with a red solo cup in his hand.

"The pizza should be here soon." Jaebum tells him as he hands Luna another drink, and she smiles at him in return.

. Her smile.

"Is Yugyeom still knocked out?" She asks to no one in particular.

"He woke up in the middle of my performance and walked, or better yet crawled upstairs." Jackson says.

BamBam swims over to where Jinyoung is sitting and takes his cup and downs it all in one chug. 

"Dude I was drinking that!" Jinyoung scowls before getting back up and pouring himself another drink. BamBam simply shrugs his shoulders with a cheeky smile plastered on his face.

"That kid is going to have a major hangover tomorrow." Youngjae says.

"We all are." Luna giggles.

"Luna, why don't you take your clothes off?" BamBam bluntly asks her, and the boys howl with laughter in response.

She blushes at his question and softly giggles.

", I did not mean it that way." He tries to correct himself, "I mean, unless you want it to." He jokingly winks at her, and Jackson slaps his head.

"I was ambushed," She explains, "Mark pushed me in." Luna awkwardly laughs, and glances in my direction. I meet her eyes and she quickly looks away.

Great. She's probably going to avoid me now.

I mean, it's not like I care or anything.

I don't.

"I think I'm going back inside though, it's cold out here."

"I'll come with." Jaebum helps her out of the pool, and they leave.

What the .

To do what?

Different scenarios run through my head, and I quickly find a way to distract myself,  "Give me that." I grab the cup from Jinyoung's hand and down the alcohol harshly, focusing on the way my throat burned afterwards.

"Are you freaking serious?!" Jinyoung's yells in annoyance.

"What's up with you?" Jackson questions, and I turn to see him looking in my direction.

"I don't know what your talking about."

"You look pissed, man." Youngjae adds.

"I think he just needs more alcohol." BamBam smirks devilishly and hands me a red solo cup filled with clear liquid.

"I shouldn't. " I refuse; I don't want to know what would happened if I became more intoxicated than what I already am.

"Don't give me that ." BamBam pushes the cup at me again.

I grab the cup, drink the booze without thinking twice, and hand it back to him . " you."

He laughs in amazement, "You wish."

I can already feel my head beginning to throb.

"So are you hitting it?" Jackson asks me in between sips and wiggles his eyebrows.

"What?" I stare at him.

"Luna. Are you hitting it?"

"No way." What the ?

"Are you going to?" BamBam chimes in.

"I told you she's just a friend." I try to brush the thought away, but curiosity gets the best of me. "Why do you ask?"

"I don't know man, she's pretty cute." Jackson admits.

"Are you kidding, she's beautiful." Youngjae says, and Jinyoung agrees with him.

"Guys lets be real here, if anybody has a chance, it's me. I am quite the ladies-man, after all." BamBam says overly confident, "I think she digs me."

"You say that about every girl." Jackson roles his eyes.

BamBam leans in towards me, "Should I make a move?"

"What if I was going to make a move?" Jackson challenges him.

"By the looks of it, Jaebum already beat you guys to it." Jinyoung states, amused at the two boys.

My knuckles are probably turning white by how hard I'm clenching my fists right now.

The thought of any guy hitting on Luna drives me insane. I know I haven't been there for her these past couple of years, but it doesn't change the fact that we basically grew up together. If I protected her back then, what's stopping me now?

My mind rushes back to those last moments we had together before I left six years ago.

The look on her face when I told her I was leaving haunted me in my dreams. I wanted so desperately to contact her in some form, but with the strict training systems in Korea, I wasn't allowed. They felt it was a distraction, to the point where I was only allowed to see my parents every three months. And that was only if I had made good progress. Some kids were unlucky; they'd go nine to twelve months without ever seeing their family, just because they weren't making any improvements.

I remember the feeling of guilt that followed me around for years up until I made my debut with the boys. I thought, if she's finally able to see what I've been up to all this time, maybe she could forgive me for leaving her in exchange for following my dreams.

One day, I did come back. I wanted to surprise her. My parents had informed me that she was working part time at a small cafe not too far from where we used to live. She was walking home one night after closing up the shop, and I was secretly following behind, waiting for the right moment.

But then she stopped walking and stared at a poster that was taped onto the window of a convenience store. When I caught a glimpse, it was a poster of Got7, advertising our new upcoming tour.

She pulled it off and teared the paper into pieces.

And it felt like she had ripped my heart a long with it.

From then on, I told myself to forget about her. It was hard, but I managed just fine. I was so caught up with my new life, it was easy to forget about my past one, so much that I would even pretend it never existed; that she never existed.

She meant nothing to me.

That was, until she showed up at my house two days ago.

Now? I'm not so sure anymore.

Stop it, Mark. Your just saying this cause your drunk.

But what if it's true...

It's not true and you know it.

Luna means nothing to you.

She never has.

She doesn't care about you.

She never will.

"Shut up!" I shout at myself, only to find four pairs of eyes looking at me with perplexity.

"No one was talking." Youngjae says, confusion written all over his face.

Okay I'm definitely drunk.

"." I breath out, my head feeling as though it's going to explode any second now.

"You alright, man?" Jinyoung asks.

"I think I'm going to throw up."


Hello to all of my beautiful readers! I hope that you are enjoying this story so far! ^-^

Thankyou to all of my new subscribers!!

Your support honestly means the world to me and I'm so happy that I can share this story with you all.

And don't forget, comments are ALWAYS encouraged :)

xxx