Chapter Nine

Famous in Love

I've never considered myself the type of girl to party until the sun came up, or drink herself to oblivion--

But tonight was definitely an exception.

After everyone had downed their fair share of alcohol, we danced along to the music and partied till our hearts were content. We even played a game of beer-pong. Honestly, I haven't had this much fun in a really long time. It felt amazing to finally let go for once and just enjoy myself.

The boys welcomed me with open arms and made me feel as though we've been friends for as long as I can remember. And it's funny, because just a couple of hours ago, they were all complete strangers to me.

"♫I CAME IN LIKE A WRECKING BAAAAAAALL♫" BamBam shouted through the microphone dramatically as he sang the lyrics from the screen, wiping a fake tear from his eye and clutching onto his heart. It was Jackson's idea to have a karaoke session, and so we've been taking turns choosing songs and making complete fools of ourselves.

Jackson, and Jinyoung were both doing interpretive dancing as BamBam performed, and Youngjae was singing backup. I seriously couldn't control my laughter while watching them.

Jaebum was currently trying to find a pizza place that delivered at three in the morning, since everyone had already eaten all the snacks and still were suffering from a serious case of munchies.

Yugyeom was sprawled across the couch; all it took were a couple of shots and he was out like a light.

As for me, I was sitting down on the floor, my back against the couch, sipping on a drink while enjoying the show.

"This song speaks to me." I hear Mark whisper, and turn to see him with his eyes closed and lip-syncing along with the words of the song.

I giggle when I see how dumb he looks.

"Your so drunk." I , lightly punching his arm.

"I LOVE MY FANS." BamBam yells again through the microphone in between verses, his words slurring together.

Mark twists around towards me with a serious look on his face, his drink sloshing around in his red solo cup, "I'm not drunk," He says matter of factly, "Your just kinda blurry." He squints his eyes.

Everything is so goddamn funny at the moment. It doesn't take long before he too bursts out laughing.

The music ends and Jackson quickly takes hold of the microphone, "Ladieeeees and Gentlemeeeeeen, we will be taking a quick intermissssion. The concert will resume shooortly." He says while stumbling forward, and they begin searching for their next song. I swear, those boys are in their own world; they're clearly gone.

I, for one, made sure to only have enough to make me feel buzzed, or perhaps slightly tipsy...

...or a lot tipsy.

The same goes for Mark. He definitely looks more relaxed and loosened up than before; it seems like he's genuinely enjoying himself, something I never thought was possible.

"You know what I wanna do right now?" Mark turns to me again.

"What?" I ask.

"I really wanna go in the pool. " He says, and soon enough starts getting up from his spot.

"It's the middle of the night, Mark." I chuckle at his crazy idea.

"Come onnnnnn, I wanna go, let's go." Before I could reject, he slides his arm around my waist and picks me up.

"Put me down!" I struggle to say but I'm overcome with a fit of giggles and laughter. He ignores me and continues to walk through the backdoor.

Once we're outside, Mark finally sets me down, and before I know it, starts to take his clothes off.

"What are you doing?!" I yell, covering my eyes with my hands.

"What? It's nothing you haven't seen before." He smirks as he pulls his shirt off, revealing his sculpted abs.

Good god... his body...

I mentally slap myself in the face.

Snap out of it Luna, your not in the right state of mind.

He strips down to his boxers and stands there, looking at me, "Aren't you going in?"

"Are you crazy?!" I try my best to avoid his gaze, and he obviously notices.

"Maybe." He chuckles, and next thing I know, I'm in his arms and heading straight towards the water.

"MARK!!"

I scream as we both fall deep into the pool, becoming completely engulfed. I swim back up to the surface, only to find him laughing his off as he watches me with amazement.

He's so dead.

Mark goes back underwater and swims over to me, and when he comes back up I take the opportunity to start throwing punches at his chest, "I can't believe you!" I say in between blows, but all he does is laugh and starts to splash me with water.

"Stop laughing, this isn't funny!" I yell while I continue to hit him.

He takes a hold of my arms and pins them behind me at the edge of the pool to stop my outburst, and my breathing quickens when his face falls inches away from mine; my heart beating faster than ever.

I feel his breathe on me as he tries to compose himself after having struggled to restrain me, his wet strawberry blonde hair falling just above his eyes as they stare deep into my own.

Something about him felt... different. And I'm not sure if it has to do with the close proximity, or the fact that we're both well under the influence. But when I catch him glance down at my lips, I felt it.

And it was a feeling that I was much too familiar with.

He returns his gaze back to my eyes, his hold on me never loosening.

In fact, I think it might have even tightened.

"Do you feel that?" He breathes out, his voice barely a whisper as his face slowly lowers closer to mine.

"Yes." I manage to say.

I could feel everything; from my erratic heartbeat to the way my nerves jumped with excitement.

My mind was racing at the thought of him.

His hold on me unexpectedly loosens and my arms involuntarily reach for his shoulders for support.

Everything around me was spinning-- but in the best way possible.

I feel his hand press against the small of my back, pulling me closer to him than before.

A small voice in the back of my mind was screaming at me to get out of this situation, but I just couldn't find the will power; I was entirely entranced by him.

And I was enjoying every second of it.

"Mark..." Our lips were only centimeters away when--

"CANNONBAAAAAALL!!!"