Chapter Three

Famous in Love

I was absolutely perplexed with bewilderment as my eyes locked with his. 

I never thought I would find myself in this situation, despite how close our families are. From what I know, he's always been so busy, whether it be going on tour or attending  extravagant events and award shows. He barely even visits his own family as it is, let alone mine.

He blinked his eyes a few times as though his vision was blurred. "Luna?" He said as if he couldn't believe it.

So he recognizes me.

I couldn't help but feel relieved. I thought maybe he had forgotten who I even was.

Six years. It's been six ing years.

And although I'd constantly see him, whether it be on TV, or magazines and billboards, it never felt the way it feels right now.

I was completely at a loss for words.

"What... what are you doing here?" I asked in apprehension, slightly stuttering. 

Did I accidentally fall asleep in the bath tub or something cause I must be dreaming.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" He spoke slowly, his disbelief was as equal as mine.

This is so surreal.

"What?" My mind was racing.

"What are you doing here?"

I stammered with hesitation, "I just moved in."

The look on his face seemed as though he had just seen a ghost. "Excuse me?" 

"Your parents said I could stay here." I tried to explain.

He blinked a few times again, "My parents?"

"Yes." I exhaled; I didn't realize I was holding my breath.

All the memories were beginning to resurface as I stared back at him, and the feeling of nostalgia washed over me.

But before I could ask him how he's been, or tell him how much I've missed him, his attitude suddenly changed, throwing me off guard. "I'm sorry, there must be some mistake."

"What?" Was all I managed to say.

"There's no possible way that what you're saying is true." He crossed his arms.

"You don't believe me?" Why is he acting like that?

"Absolutely not." 

"I'm not lying. You can ask your parents." I said, confused by his mood change.

I noticed the car keys in his right hand, and the way he was dressed made me think that he just came back from something important.

"Look, I don't know what it is you want from me, or what it is your doing in my house, but if you know what's best for you, I suggest you leave right now."

Wait a minute, back the up. "Your house?"

"Yes, my house. I live here." He paused, looking down on me. "And it's not up for charity."

He turned around to leave, but stopped in his tracks. "Clean up the mess you made on your way out." He purposefully stepped on a broken piece of glass as he left to go upstairs.

What the hell just happened?

I was completely stunned by the change of events. "It's nice to see you too." I uttered.

I could feel the anger boiling up inside me as I looked down at the floor to see the sharp pieces of broken glass scattered everywhere. Clean up the mess you made on your way out?

"He can go to hell if he thinks I'm gonna clean that up." I fumed as I stepped over the shattered pieces.

This doesn't make any sense. If this is his house, then why on Earth did his parents tell me to come?

I headed upstairs to where I had my bags and hastily grabbed my phone; I needed to get to the bottom of this.

I dialed his moms number and waited for her to pick up.

"Hello?"

"Hi Mrs. Tuan, I'm so sorry to call you at such a late hour, but--"

"Luna, darling! Don't worry about it sweetheart. How was your flight? Do you like the house?Have you made yourself comfortable yet?"

"Actually, that's why I'm calling." I searched for the right words to say as I anxiously bit the inside of my cheek, "I didn't realize that I would be sharing the house with a roommate." I said carefully.

"Oh? Did I forget to mention that?" She softly chuckled, "I'm so forgetful these days."

My stomach dropped.

"Anyhow, Luna, darling, I must go. It's getting late. Lets chat another time, shall we? Say hi to Mark for me!"

"But Mrs. Tua--"

She hung up the phone before I could even respond.

What in the actual .