Chapter Five

Famous in Love

The obnoxious sound of my cellphone wakes me abruptly.

Still half asleep with my eyes closed, I feel around the bed and grab my phone.

"Mmhhello?" I mumble underneath my breath.

The ringing chimed even louder against my ear as I realize I haven't actually answered the call.

"Hello?" I repeat, instantly feeling much more awake.

"HEY GIRRRRRRRRRRL." A familiar voice shouted.

I winced at the phone."Jesus christ, Claire."

She ignores me. "Tell me! How's Cali? Are the boys as yummy as they say?"

I couldn't help but smile at her craziness. "Not sure, I haven't had the time to go sight seeing yet."

"Then what the hell are you still doing in bed? Get your up dude, you got priorities."

I sat up. "I've been awake for hours." I tried to defend myself, as I held in the urge to yawn.

"Ohhh sure." Claire obviously saw right through me. That girl knows me too well. "Seen any famous people yet?"

Mark Tuan immediately came to my head.

"Uh..not yet." I lied. She'd go insane if I told her about him. Claire is a crazy GOT7 fan.

"So what are your plans, now that you've made the big move?"

I thought about her question. "First step is to get myself an agent." I paused, "Only thing is, I don't even know where to start."

I finally get out of bed and stretch out my body, only to fall back on top of the covers. I glance at the clock sitting on top of the nightstand to find that it's 9:30 in the morning.

"Well, lucky for you, your best friend took it upon herself to research local talent agencies in your area."

"Are you serious??"

"Yup! As a matter of fact, there's one specifically that seems really promising. I think you should check them out."

How is it that my best friend is always one step ahead of me? Honestly, I don't know what I would do without her.

"Wow, Claire, you didn't have to do any of that. Thankyou, I definitely will." I was surprised by her actions. I pull out my laptop from my bag to start searching them up. "What are they called?"

"Beverly Talent Group. They're right outside of LA."

I google the name, find their website, and scroll around to read their reviews. "You're right, they do seem promising. I'm gonna go ahead and apply."

"Oh no, don't do that." Claire stopped me.

"Why not?" I was confused, didn't she just tell me to look them up?

"Cause I already got you an interview." She proudly revealed and my heart skipped a beat.

"You did not!" Holy . This girl never fails to surprise me. "Claire, your amazing!"

"I know. Am I the greatest best friend or what?"

"How the hell did you manage to do that?" I asked, absolutely astonished.

"Never mind that. What's important is that you research everything about Tessa Dawson. She's the agent that I scored the interview with."

I write her name down. "Got it. When's the interview?"

"Today at noon."

"WHAT?!" That barely gives me enough time to get ready!

"You can do it, Luna! I wouldn't have done any of this if I didn't believe in you. Now stop wasting time talking to me and start getting ready!"

I hastily jump out of bed and head straight to the bathroom. "Claire, I love you SO much for this."

"I love you too, girl. Call me afterwards, okay? And don't stress, you totally got this!"

We mutually hang up the phone and I toss it to the side as I swiftly brush my teeth and take a shower.

After washing my hair and shaving my legs, I twist the knob to turn off the running hot water, but then realize that I completely forgot to bring a towel in with me.

You have got to be kidding me.

I open up the cabinets underneath the sink.

Nothing.

I stand there for a moment, freezing my off, unsure of what to do. When I check the time, I find that it's 10:37

this.

Despite my wet body, I put my pajamas back on, completely drenching them in the process, and go out to check the hallway closet for a towel. But all I find are a bunch of old vinyls and a record player.

I glance to my right and see the door to his bedroom open, and for a split second, I debate on going inside.

Maybe he already left?

Leaving a trail of water behind me, I walk towards his door and knock on it.

"Mark?" I say, but get no response in return. And so I decide to stick my head inside the room, "Hello?" I call out, but again, nothing.

Okay good, he's not here.

Walking inside, I find that his room is a lot bigger than mine. And believe me when I tell you that my room alone could basically fit my old living room, bedroom, AND bathroom all together.

In the corner next to his bed, there's a huge computer hooked up to different instruments and expensive looking speakers and microphones.

Is that where the magic happens?

God, if I get caught in his room, I'm better off dead.

And thus, I commence my desperate search for a stupid towel, as I silently curse at myself for being so dumb and idiotic.

"Can I help you?"

I jump at the sound of his sarcastic voice, as I realize that I've been caught red handed. .

"It's not what you think--" I begin to say, assuming that he was probably convinced I was snooping around (which I'm not going to lie, I totally was), but stop mid-sentence at the sight before me.

Standing a few feet away from me, was a very muscular, and very Mark, with only a towel wrapped dangerously low around his hip and an amused smile tugging at his lips.

Holy

ing

.

"Like what you see?" He smirked, interrupting my train of thought.

I immediately turn away once I realized he caught me staring. Oh my god.

He softly chuckles to himself, "You don't even deny it." But before I could respond, he interjects. "I'll be honest, I'm a bit surprised. I didn't see you as the type of girl who had a hidden agenda."

"I promise you, there is no hidden agenda." I stammered back.

"Really?" He walks closer to me as he slightly tilts his head in amusement, looking me up and down from head to toe, "Because the way I see it, I'm and your wet."

"Can I just have a towel, please? I'm looking for a towel." I urge him, stuttering in the process as I try to calm down whatever it is that I'm feeling at the moment.

"Oh?" He points at the one tied around his waist, "Do you want this one?" He goes to grab it, but I instantly stop him.

"NO!" I close my eyes just to be safe.

All he does is laugh, before heading inside his bathroom and pulling out a couple of already folded towels and handing them to me. "Nice shirt. I'm liking the look."

I glance down, and to my humiliation, find my t-shirt to be completely drenched, and completely see-through, with my pink polka dot bra fully visible.

Covering myself with the towels, I glare at him as I try to come up with something to say, but find it hard for I just can't seem to get my mind intact. So instead, I simply leave without another word.

"And don't you dare come into my room ever again." The door slams shut behind me.

"." 

The door opens again and Mark reappears. "I'm sorry, what did you say?"

I turn around and face him with newfound courage, "I called you an ."

He begins to stalk towards me, moving closer by the second, and I stumble backwards until I bump into the wall.

"Lets get one thing straight," He places his hands on either sides of me so I'm trapped in his arms, "You are living under my roof, therefore you are under my rules. And if you dare break any of those rules, I promise you will regret it."

I meet his eyes with confidence, "Are you threatening me?"

He leans in closer, his face merely inches away from mine. "If that's what it takes."

His demanding nature fires up the rebel inside of me."Then you should know that I've never been one to follow the rules." I say in defiance, challenging him, "And there's nothing you can do about it."

A devilish grin spreads across his face as he locks his eyes with mine.

"Your gonna wish you hadn't said that."