Chapter Thirteen

Famous in Love

"This is way too expensive, Mark." I said in total shock as I looked at the price tag of the closest article of clothing inside the high fashion boutique, "I can't let you pay for me." 

Nine-hundred ing dollars for a jacket?

That's a luxury I cannot afford.

"Who said I was buying you anything?" Mark snickers beside me. "We're here for me," He says, "Not you."

I can't help but feel embarrassed that I assumed he was being generous, yet annoyed by his sarcastic commentary. 

"." I utter under my breath, a smile spreading through my lips when he doesn't hear me.

He approaches an associate and whispers in her ear, her cheeks glowing red at his proximity.

"Ofcourse, Mr. Tuan." She tells him, before walking away with a slight sway to her hips.

I wait until she's gone to interrogate, "What was that about?"

He turns to me, his cocky smile threatening to win me over, "Is somebody jealous?" 

"No." Yes.

He smirks at me before talking, "I closed down the store for extra security." He explains as he glances around, "That way we don't have to worry about getting interrupted." He winks.

I shudder as the thought of earlier today consumes my mind, leaving me to wonder what could have happened had we not been cut short.

The idea both excites and terrifies me.

Breathe, Luna.

"So what exactly are we doing here?" I ask him, letting my hand slide against the glass table, admiring all the pretty heels that probably cost more than my entire wardrobe put together.

"I have a red carpet event next Friday." He reveals, and the associate comes back with all sorts of suits and ties folded over her arms.

"The designer is finishing up with a client right now, but he suggested I show you these." She says, her eyes fluttering as he smiles at her in return.

"Your such a doll. Thank you, love." He flirts with the blonde in an obvious effort to make me envious, but I roll my eyes in attempt to hide my growing jealousy. "You can leave them in my dressing room."

She leaves once again, and I notice Mark watching me closely with curiosity, but I ignore him and bring my attention to a shelf covered in jewelry, my eyes particularly glued to a beautiful diamond necklace. 

The stones twinkled under the light, shimmering with elegance; it was simple yet extravagant at the same time. 

I was in complete awe.

"It's one of a kind." An unfamiliar voice says from behind me, and I turn around to find a young man, no older than twenty-five admiring the same necklace. "I had originally designed it for someone that I loved," He smiles as he reminisces, "But then he broke my heart and left me for my ex-boyfriend." 

He convulses into a contagious laugh when he sees the look on my face, and then takes my hand in his without hesitation, "Mark, who is this gorgeous young lady that you've brought to my headquarters?"

Mark steps besides me and wraps his arm around my waist, catching me off guard for a moment by his sudden physical contact, "She's my girl." He smirks, and my face immediately flushes red.

"I'm Luna Park." I introduce myself with a smile, drawn to his quirkiness and forward attitude.

"Luna." He slowly repeats, my name bouncing off his tongue as though it were exotic, "I love it."

"This is Alexander." Mark tells me, "One of the most successful fashion designers in the industry right now. This guy is an absolute genius."

"Oh stop it, you." Alexander chuckles to himself.

"Did you really design this necklace?" I was in amazement; astonished that someone was capable of making something so beautiful. 

"Honey," He opens his arms and twirls in place, "I designed everything in this shop." He then loops his arm through mine and strings me along, "Come on, I'll show you around." He says with much enthusiasm.

"Mark, sweetie, you can go ahead to the back and start your fitting. I'll send my assistants to help you."  Alexander says before we begin our tour.

• • • • •

After what seemed like an hour of admiring stunning works of art and beautiful pieces of clothing, our tour finally came to an end.

"If you ever find yourself in New York, you must tell me! My boutique in SoHo is twice the size of this one." Alexander cheerfully says as he guides me into the dressing room. 

White walls surrounded the room, accompanied by large mirrors with a crystal chandelier hanging from the center of the ceiling, and an ivory leather couch curving around a platform where Mark stood.

"No, no, no!" Alexander rushes to the assistants that were currently attending to the celebrity, "This is all wrong. The colors are clashing." He scrutinizes his eyebrows together in deep thought as he studies the clothing. "Try this instead." 

I take a seat on the couch when Mark begins to his shirt, and I shyly look away despite my temptation. 

He slips into a satin jet black dress shirt, and Alexander begins to work his magic with the aid of his assistants. 

My phone suddenly vibrates from my back pocket and I pull it out to find a text message from Claire.

Text| Question: Can you send me your address?

My fingers begin to type as though they had a mind of their own.

Sent| Lol why???

Seconds later...

Text| Oh no reason...

I immediately caught on. 

Sent| Claire Silva don't you dare send me a birthday present!

Text| Too late! I already bought it and your going to LOVE it!!!!

I couldn't help but playfully roll my eyes. This girl is too much, I swear. Even when we're thousands of miles away, she always finds a way to amaze me. I'm honestly so lucky to call her my best friend.

Text| So send me your address .

I take that back.

"What do you think?"

I look up from my phone to find Mark hovering over me, waiting for me to give him an approval of his outfit. My breath quickens when he runs his hand through his hair, his eyes never leaving mine.

"You clean up nicely." I honestly tell him, and he smirks in satisfaction. 

"I think the fans will like this." He says while checking himself out in the mirror. "You never fail to surprise me, Alex." Mark praises the designer.

"Ofcourse! Thank you for putting your trust in me." Alexander bows, "Now change out of my clothes before you ruin them!"

"Okay, okay!" Mark laughs while he puts his hands up in defense.

"I'm afraid I must leave. I have an appointment with Bieber and he doesn't like to be kept waiting." He makes no effort to hide his annoyance, "But it was a pleasure meeting you Luna. I hope to see you again!" He hands me a small business card with his contact information, "If you ever need a stylist, you know who to call." Alexander squeezes my hand and makes his way out of the dressing room, his two assistants following closely behind.

"Oh, and Mark," He stops in his tracks, "Tell that delicious boy of yours to bring his fine piece of back over here." He chuckles, "I haven't seen him in a while! Let him know that I'd be more than willing to schedule a private session with him." He winks before exiting the room. 

Mark shakes his head in amusement as he begins to change out of his clothes, and it wasn't until he asked me if I was enjoying the show when I realized that I had been blatantly watching him while he stripped.

"Uh...I...sorry..." I awkwardly stutter, completely at a loss for words. 

I start to get up from the couch to give him his privacy, when he grabs my hand and pulls me into him.

"And where do you think your going?" He playfully laughs, his head tilting to the side in the cutest way possible.

I turn away from him so that he can't see my rosy tinted cheeks, but he instantly stops me from doing so by cupping the side of my face, "Are you blushing?" He asks in disbelief.

"No." I lie to him, but he clearly sees right through me, which only makes the burning sensation even stronger. 

"You look like a cute tomato." He giggles.

"No I don't!" I shove his shoulder, but it only makes him laugh more.

"Oh my god, your glowing."

"Shut up!" I push him again with even more force, but he still continues to laugh at my frustration.

At this point I could almost feel the blood cells rushing to my face and the heat radiating in waves.

"Your so cute, holy ." 

I go to strike again, but he quickly moves away and I miss him by an inch, but I jump when he suddenly tickles my sides. 

"Oh don't you DARE tickle me!" I threaten him, but it only seems to fuel his motivation.

"Challenge accepted." He says with a devilish grin before launching towards me. 

"Mark!" I laugh uncontrollably, "Stop that!"

We fall onto the couch, his fingers still tingling at my sides.

"I'm sorry, what was that?" He pretends not to hear me.

Struggling against his grip, I manage to pull him over, so that I'm on top of him. I was already out of breath when I become conscious of the fact that I'm basically straddling Mark with both of my legs wrapped around his waist. And judging by the look on his face, he was enjoying every second of it.

In that moment of realization, he swiftly flips me over so that my back is on the couch, "That escalated quickly." He chuckles to himself as he uses his arms for support, his body hovering just inches above mine.

I was still trying to catch my breath when he brushes a strand of hair behind my ear, a soft smile tugging at his lips, "Lets get out of here."

I would like nothing more.

He pushes himself off the couch reluctantly, and finishes rolling up his sleeves before helping me up to my feet.

"What do you say we stop somewhere to eat before heading back home?" He suggests.

But I had a better idea.

"How about we order take-out instead and watch reruns of Family Guy?" I give him a soft look, "Just like old times, remember?"

His lips curve upwards into the brightest smile.

"Sounds perfect."

• • • • •

Hello to all of my beautiful readers! 
How are you? How is school/work/life? 
I've been quite busy with college and my new job, but I'm trying my best to find the time to write for you all! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and please look forward to the next one! I have a great story line that I'm working on, so  stay tuned!
Comments are ALWAYS encouraged :)
xoxo