Chapter Two

Famous in Love

LUNA'S POV

After a long and safe flight, I finally arrived at LAX.

I grabbed my luggage and found my way around the airport to the pick-up area where my Uber was waiting.

"Good evening, Miss. How was your flight?" The driver asked me while he placed my bags in the trunk.

"Great, thankyou!" I pulled a small notecard out of my wallet and handed it to him, "Here's my address."

He eyed the paper for a moment before looking at me with a questioning look, "Hidden Hills?"

"Yes?" I responded with the same perplexity.

It took him a moment until he nodded his head and began driving, whispering something underneath his breath that was barely audible for me to hear.

California. I'm finally here.

I've looked forward to this day for so long, it's almost hard for me to believe that this isn't just a dream.

"Would you like the radio on, Miss?" The driver asked me.

"Why not?" I smiled, secretly hoping that Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus would play.

After a short 20 minute ride, we arrived to a gated community and my jaw involuntarily dropped.

"Holy ." I said much louder than I expected, hoping that the driver didn't hear me.

I'm not sure what I'm more surprised about: The massive houses or the fact that not once did it ever cross my mind that the parents of an international superstar would ever own a mansion like this.

I'm such an idiot. Of course they would own a mansion. He's a ing millionaire for crying out loud.

I guess I'm just used to that small little two story house from six years ago that I'd visit so often.

"We're here, miss. Do you need help with your bags?"

"No, I'm good, thankyou." I said before paying him and grabbing my luggage.

I could hear the engine of the cab getting farther and farther away, yet I still stayed in the same spot completely frozen at the sight before me.

"Somebody pinch me, cause I must be dreaming." I said to myself.

I double checked the house number. 1498.

This is the house.

Still dumbfounded, I slowly walked to the entrance and unlocked the door of my new home.

"Holy ." I said again, once I entered the mansion.

But this time, I couldn't keep my emotions concealed any longer.

"HOLY ." I yelled to no one in particular, as I dropped my bags, ran to the living room, and jumped on the sofa.

"Oh my god, I'm living a dream." I laughed like a crazy lunatic.

Glass walls surrounded the living room, with a perfect view of the infinity pool. The architecture of the house was very modern; there was a futuristic feel to it.

I felt like an A-lister for the first time in my life.

"Hey MTV, Welcome to my crib." I joked as I jumped off the sofa and ran up the stairs, my hands sliding against the railing.

On the second floor, you can see everything from the living room to the kitchen. I even spotted a grand piano by the fire place.

I continued to roam around the house and discovered a library, a movie theater, and even an arcade. And to think, this is only their vacation home. But I suppose it's more convenient for me, considering that it's completely furnished and filled with amenities. 

When I saw that it was getting dark outside, I decided to leave the unpacking for tomorrow and take a long hot bath to clear my mind.

The bathroom alone was absolutely enormous; black marble countertops with hints of gold in between the cracks, a jacuzzi sized bath tub, a walk in shower, and vanity mirrors-- which, might I add, will be great for when I do my makeup.

I dipped my feet into the bath to make sure that the temperature was just right before sliding in completely.

Must be nice, I thought, to be able to afford a place like this.

I soaked in the warm water for about 45 minutes, letting my mind wander as I thought about the past and the present.

Feeling rejuvenated and refreshed, I threw on a bath robe and headed downstairs to get a drink of water.

Standing on my toes, I find a tall glass in one of the upper cabinets. But when I turn around, I bump into something which makes me drop the glass, making a loud piercing sound as it shattered to pieces.

"." I said, as I reached down to pick up the mess, only to find another pair of hands doing the same thing.

What the...

That's when I realized that I didn't bump into something, but better yet, someone.

I was ready to scream, thinking that there was a robber or criminal inside the house, but stopped myself when I recognized those brown eyes staring back at me.

My breath caught in my throat.

"Mark?"