Chapter 9

Ordinary

Woohyun completely avoided Sunggyu’s calls and messages all day, he had also (finally) got his door code changed just in case, this left him with a pretty heavy conscience since he hadn’t even told Sunggyu what they would be doing. He didn’t know if Sunggyu was willing to join him that evening meaning would have to find out later on.
Meanwhile that day Woohyun got on with the odd jobs people had fixed him with from work which he was able to complete from the comfort of his own apartment. When it reached nine Woohyun decided to start getting ready and call Sunggyu to ask whether he intended upon joining Woohyun. Sunggyu picked up after one ring but answered with a very cold “Hello”
“Hiii Gyu” Woohyun did his best to inject cheer into his voice hoping it would spread to Sunggyu
“What do you want Woohyun?”
“Are you still happy with accompanying me tonight?”
“I don’t recall ever stating I was happy with this”
“Okay will you please please please join me?”
“On the condition you tell me where we’re going”
“I’ll tell you at half ten” Woohyun hearing a soft growl of frustration on the other side of the line before the call was put down. At least Woohyun knew Sunggyu was coming because he had piqued his interest.

At 22:30 on the dot came rapid knocking on Woohyun’s door and Sunggyu practically fell into Woohyun’s arms when the door was opened.
“Where’re we going?!” Sunggyu demanded, his face close to Woohyun’s due to the small tumble. Woohyun’s face was craning back and he replied in a strained voice “the cinema.” After that Sunggyu pushed himself away from Woohyun, “why did you feel the need to keep secret?!”
“Please hear the full story” Woohyun laughed nervously
“Sure, on our way out” and with that, Sunggyu whipped Woohyun’s coat from the coat stand and walked down to the lift, Woohyun had to run to catch up.
Woohyun commenced the story telling – “there is this intern who works under me, Lee Sungjong, he had worked very hard since he had entered the company so I offered to treat him and so he wanted to go to the cinema and watch this newly released horror film since that’s what he does for fun” Woohyun said in a disbelieving manner “Anyway, yesterday he called saying he couldn’t come and even had the cheek to include ‘treat me another time’” Woohyun did his best attempt at a high pitched voice before returning to the current circumstances “However I had already pre-booked the tickets two weeks ago and thought it would be a waste to leave them hence I am bringing you along” Woohyun finished with a beaming smile. Sunggyu on the other hand had turned chalky and uncertainly returned the smile, Sunggyu wasn’t keen on horror film as they always caused him jump out of his seat in fright from all the frankly unnecessary scare cuts. Yet he didn’t intend upon showing that to Woohyun, Sunggyu believed in maintaining his composed image.

Sunggyu couldn’t believe how much food Woohyun purchased, when Woohyun saw the look on Sunggyu’s face he shrugged and said “I skipped lunch.”
Despite the film being a new release, the cinema theatre was very empty. Woohyun and Sunggyu were the only ones along with a group of teenagers at the front (who created quite a ruckus during the advertisements but luckily they quietened down as the film started.) The film was about a young boy who had a series of unfortunate incidents with serial killer clowns. Woohyun noticed every time the clown were shown up with their deteriorated face paint, Sunggyu would recoil and actually knocked Woohyun’s arm causing the large popcorn to spill absolutely everywhere.
There was one particular scene when a large shadow loomed over the kid’s bed as he slept and as the camera panned closer, Woohyun could feel Sunggyu’s grip on his arm tighten as he pulled Woohyun towards him. When the entire screen was filled with the sight of an awfully ugly clown wielding a sword, Sunggyu buried his face into Woohyun’s shoulder and Woohyun could hear the man whimpering. Woohyun’s heart rate accelerated, not due the scene that had just unfolded in front of him but due to the scene which took place right beside him. It was a while before Sunggyu felt brave enough to emerge from the warmth of Woohyun - (both felt a little disappointed at losing that closeness) but Sunggyu kept his arm firmly latched around Woohyun’s making Woohyun smile widely.

The movie ended on a mysterious note displaying a glinting, blood stained knife, Sunggyu shuddered at the sight and moved to get up. This was when he realised his arm was around Woohyun’s so he quickly released it mumbling an apology as he remembered his embarrassing reactions throughout the movie. Woohyun laughed and assured he would “think nothing of it” whilst Sunggyu continued to insist that he is a manly man. By this time, they were alone in the dark theatre with the credits endlessly rolling and Woohyun couldn’t help but feel a sense of earnest to have come here on a different basis to purely platonic. Sunggyu made Woohyun feel overwhelmingly content and comfortable even with his constant nagging which was really his way of showing care as Woohyun had picked up. Sunggyu’s actions were carried out with the utmost consideration of others and he was absolutely adorable when he tried to rectify himself. Before getting to carried away in his thoughts, Woohyun began dragging his feet towards the exit with Sunggyu following at his heels still trying to regain some means of a reputation.

Despite trying to be his upbeat, smiley self Woohyun felt rather forlorn thinking that there was no way Sunggyu could like him back and the wiser option was to put this attachment in the ‘friendship’ section.


A/N: Hi hi hi it's been a while ^-^

OHMYFREAKINGDAAAYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSS INFINITE'S COMEBACK WAS SO GOOD CRICRICRI THE MUSIC VIDEO LEFT ME A WRECK WHEN MYUNGSOO STARTED CRYING, IT ALWAYS SETS ME OFF WHEN I SEE OTHER'S CRY. OHLORD THE THEORIES BEHIND IT SOUND SO DARK AND CHILLING, TALK ABOUT UNEXPECTED WOOLLIMENT!!!! AND THE SONG IT SELF IS SOOOO GOOD AND CATCHY. I AM SO SO SO HAPPY -- THE ALBUM IS GREAT TOOOOO!!!!!! Zero and One Day are my favourite songs, what are yours?? :D
Also, poor Sunggyu at the showcase with his 'typhoon' bowel issues at the showcase ;-; 

Personal life: I got accepted into the college I wanted which is meant to be the best in the area lol I am enjoying it so far but the workload is bloody crazy