Chapter 6

Ordinary

“Finally!” Woohyun squeaked down the phone
“What’s up bro’?” Woohyun’s brother, Boohyun answered
“Ah…” Woohyun faltered for a moment, not wanting to reveal his true intentions for the call immediately. He searched his brain for a topic and quickly asked “how’s the restaurant going? Mum and Dad never tell me because they think I shouldn’t worry”
“Business is going splendidly, due to my good looks” Boohyun added cockily. Woohyun could picture the smirk plastered on his brother’s face as he said that
“Oh please, we all know it’s thanks to Dad’s great recipes”
They had shared this conversation countless times, but Boohyun never seemed to lose faith in his appearance and there was no way Woohyun would feed his ego. They passed some more chatter about the lighter topic of gaming, an avid interest of the two. That was another thing Woohyun missed about his home, grabbing a place on the sofa and battling virtually (but fiercely all the same) against his brother at any time of the day.  Eventually the subject turned to Woohyun’s love life and Woohyun was finally able to ask his brother the burning question that had been nagging him over the past few days.
“Boo, when did you know you liked, truly liked your girlfriend?” Woohyun heard a drawn out sigh from the other side of the line as Boohyun began to piece together the tale of how he fell head over heels for his girlfriend
“To be honest, I could tell she was kindly from the instant she stepped foot into the restaurant. It was her smile which really drew me in as I took her order and from then she kept visiting the restaurant to the point where Mum and Dad thought she was just toying with my feelings to get food ‘on the house’” Boohyun laughed remembering his parent’s suspicions “I guess what really made me fall for her was when she came before the shop had opened and asked me to wish her luck for an exam she was about to take. She agreed to go out on a date with me if she did well, luckily she passed with flying colours and the rest is HISTORY” Boohyun finished with a booming and proud voice. Woohyun knew how smitten his brother was since he’d had to put up with his brother’s feelings over the past few years. Of course he had listened with patience but only now did what Boohyun have to say about it interest Woohyun. He realised his brother was drawn by her at first before initiating forward with their relationship, something Woohyun hoped to do too… with Sunggyu.

Woohyun had been on dates with people a few times, but no one stayed for long because there always came a point where the atmosphere was awkward and stiff wherein they broke it off. Woohyun knew Sunggyu also a similar experience as it was one of the many topics which came up amongst their many conversations. ‘Could that mean he is still open to another relationship? Or is he just not bothered?’ Woohyun thought, carefully scrutinising Sunggyu’s character to try and come up with an answer, but that just left him frustrated because one lead would be fought back by another. Woohyun decided to get to bed finally and leave his feeling for Sunggyu alone, dismissing it plainly as just an attraction. Yet he just couldn’t stop thinking about Sunggyu, a common sign of liking someone.

The morning of October 26th dawned and Woohyun’s usual alarm rang at 05:00, but Woohyun hit the snooze groggily, a sharp pain passing through his head. Somehow he managed to fall back asleep but he awoke again in a cold sweat with the duvet pushed away, he reached for his phone and read 06:54. Woohyun realised he had a head cold which was somewhat expected from the bug going around his workplace, many of colleagues had come into work looking completely beat. He decided to quickly purchase some medicine before getting ready for work so he threw on a pair of jogging bottoms and hoodie.
“Drat!” Woohyun hissed when he was about to enter the lift, he had forgotten his wallet. As he was walking back to his apartment he experienced a cough attack feeling it in the depths of his chest and despite his best efforts to stifle them, he couldn’t stop coughing. “Ugghhh” he groaned wearily, trying to focus his blurred vision on the keypad before him. After three failed attempts at entering his passcode, Woohyun was able to open it on the fourth. He heard Sunggyu’s door open and was about to greet him until his vision completely blackened.

For the third time that morning Woohyun woke up and reached for his phone, this time his phone displayed 08:47, the sharp pain had caused a ringing to occur in his ears but he couldn’t stop a wave panic washing over him – he was due at work 47 minutes ago!! Woohyun stepped out of bed clumsily until a pair of arms pushed him back down, he looked around wildly to find his nose an inch away from Sunggyu’s cheek.
Woohyun tried exclaiming his surprise, but all that emerged from his mouth was a hoarse grunt. He had such a lack of energy, he couldn’t even feel embarrassed about Sunggyu seeing him like this.
“Woohyun, you need some food and rest. There’s nothing in your kitchen, did you even have dinner yesterday?” Sunggyu questioned sternly, Woohyun just shook his head meekly until he got another coughing fit. Sunggyu exited Woohyun’s room for a moment and quickly returned with a tray in his hands, the tray containing a plate with omelette and a bowl filled with fruit and seed granola as well as orange juice. “Freshly squeezed” Sunggyu smiled pointing at the juice “just for the sick patient here. Also, take these after you’re done eating” Sunggyu placed a few tablets and a vitamin packet beside Woohyun
“I need to get to work” Woohyun implored
“No, you’re going to call them and say you can’t come. I tried but they said they have to receive the call from you” Sunggyu replied looking a little disgruntled at the service he had received
“But I need to go”
“And infect the rest of the office, I don’t think so”
“Why do you even care?” Woohyun wondered, genuinely perplexed
Sunggyu gave a short laugh and repeated the question more to himself than Woohyun, “right, why do I care?” He then snapped his attention back to Woohyun and urged him to eat up. Sunggyu stayed there until Woohyun had finished, but busied himself with tidying up Woohyun’s room murmuring things to himself all the while. “Oh that’s a cool top,” “Jeez when were the windows last cleaned?” “Aha I can reach the top shelf,” “How does he even own this many shoes?” It wasn't that Woohyun was necessarily dirty, in fact he was quite clean, but he had been so short of time these past few days that cleaning wasn't really his biggest priority. 


Woohyun’s eyes followed Sunggyu noticing his habit of talking to himself and he found himself thinking how cute that was. As soon as Woohyun was done with the breakfast, Sunggyu whisked the tray away and Woohyun could hear him washing up. Sunggyu had only visited the place once before but was making himself acquainted with it very quickly, he even hoovered everywhere whilst Woohyun was still awake so as not to disturb him later when he got back to sleep. Woohyun called his manager and informed him that he couldn’t attend to which the manager expressed his well wishes to get well soon. 

When Woohyun tried to express his gratitude, Sunggyu just waved him down with “I know I know, I’m great.” Fatigue began to lap over Woohyun’s consciousness preventing him from saying another word, he fell into a fitful sleep and had a very odd dream of bicycles chasing him into forest where he fell down a hole, the sensation of falling caused him to jerk wake and feel as though he’d landed on his bed. Woohyun saw a glass of water resting on his bed side table and as he went to pick it up, a bright pink post-it caught his attention. In slightly scruffy writing Sunggyu had written ‘If by chance you’re reading this, I have gone to pick up some food for our lunch and dinner so don’t even think about going anywhere!” he finished threateningly. Woohyun smiled at the ‘our lunch and dinner’ but couldn’t feel awfully bad at causing such an inconvenience for him and the question for why Sunggyu was being so helpful arose in Woohyun’s mind again. 


A/N: I will update another chapter tomorrow morning, it will give me the incentive to wake up but I really really hope you enjoyed this chapter meanwhile :D 

Waaaah Infinite's That Summer Concert 3 in Seoul Day 1 looked absolutely sensational, Sungyeol did Pick Me in the full uniform attire ♥♥♥
SUNGGYU PLAYED THE PIANO AND SANG ALIVE OHHMYYGOOSHH, THAT PERFORMANCE BROUGHT ME TO LIFE.  
There's so much more I could say hehe but I'll stop myself, my point is all of the member's solo performances were absolutely brilliant as was the entiiireeee concert. NEWSONGNEWSONGNEWSONGNEWSONG, it sounded soooo sweet. Now I can't wait for the DVD to come out ^^

ALSO, WELL DONE TO HOYA FOR GETTING FIRST→SECOND PLACE ON HIT THE STAGE, though I am thrilled for Taemin getting first - his performance was entrancing ;-;

Aaaaaaaggghhhhh THE 30 SECOND TEASER FOR D.N.A IS SO BEAUTIFUL, we got to see more shots of the member woohooooo /celebrates/