Chapter 8

Ordinary

Woohyun remained fairly sick for the following few days, but by the fourth day he was more sick of seeing his bed covers and so he dragged himself to work feeling really out of shape since he hadn’t been up to exercising. His team greeted him cheerfully, many of them also sporting red noses and gruff voices. That would explain the manager going soft on everyone and greatly reducing the workload.

Sunggyu had been to visit Woohyun every morning and evening that week, each time with a few vitamin packets for the day. Sometimes Sunggyu would be polite enough to use the doorbell, but most of the time he would just let himself in as he knew the passcode. ‘I really must learn how to change the code’ Woohyun thought after Sunggyu came in unannounced for the nth time when Woohyun had just returned from work.

At long last (less than a week), Woohyun was fully recovered and so he suggested going out in celebration which Sunggyu didn’t understand at first “It was only a cold, you weren’t in hospital”
“Yet you still treated me like a patient!” Woohyun retorted, Sunggyu bowed his head slightly in acknowledgment “plus we haven’t had a meal out together” Woohyun continued
“What’s wrong with home cooked meals?”
“Yah if you don’t want to go, just say so”
“N-no, I didn’t mean it like that” Sunggyu stammered “let’s go, now!”
“What?” Woohyun was bewildered
“Yes!” Sunggyu replied confidently “I’m choosing.” And with that, Sunggyu pulled Woohyun off the sofa and the made the all too familiar journey down the lift when an idea struck Woohyun.
“Sunggyu…” Woohyun began hesitantly, Sunggyu nodded in his general direction
“Can I drive the car??”
Sunggyu turned to him with a quirked eyebrow “you w-want to drive my car
Woohyun nodded eagerly “I can show you my driving license, I even passed my test the first time!”
The next few minutes were spent by Sunggyu trying to shake off Woohyun who was doing his best to persuade Sunggyu. Finally, they came to face the car and Sunggyu gulped nervously and wordlessly handed to keys to Woohyun looking rather pale (paler than usual). Woohyun laughed and assured Sunggyu to trust him whilst holding the passenger door open for Sunggyu, bowing him in.
 In the car Woohyun set the locks with an evil grin and as a ‘joke’ he jolted the car forward to scare Sunggyu, he succeeded in doing so because Sunggyu was gripping the edge of his seat praying silently. Once they had reached the main road the journey became a lot smoother and Sunggyu’s previous nervousness became long forgotten as they engaged in conversation about car models, most of which was Woohyun in awe over Sunggyu’s car. In between the chatter Sunggyu guided Woohyun with the direction until they finally stopped outside a brightly lit restaurant, Woohyun recognised it to be a healthy place and regretted allowing Sunggyu to choose where they’d dine but followed Sunggyu in all the same.
Sunggyu greeted the workers brightly whom returned the greetings and guided Sunggyu and Woohyun to a table beside the window onlooking the bustling street.
“Do you visit here often?” Woohyun asked, looking at the menu
“Never been before”
“Oh, what made you decide to come now”
“You still need to clear out your system with nutritious food!” Sunggyu replied
“But I’d like fried chicken… or pizza” Woohyun mumbled. Sunggyu snatched the menu from Woohyun and said “I’ll order for you” with a small smile “are you allergic to anything?”
“Not that I know of” Woohyun shook his head, Sunggyu then exchanged a few words quietly with the waiter pointing at the menu.
 

Roughly 10 minutes later their order arrived and Woohyun’s eyes widened in disbelief at the small plate set in front of him
“SALAD!” Woohyun cried incredulously
“It has chicken” Sunggyu smirked before digging into his own dish of a hearty looking rice soup dish which included duck. As Woohyun twirled the salad leaves around his fork, Sunggyu raised his arm a little and a steaming bowl was placed next to the salad plate. Sunggyu had only ordered the salad as a side dish and used it as a little prank for Woohyun until the main dish arrived. 
“MISO SOUP” Woohyun exclaimed cheerfully grabbing his spoon, tucking in immediately. Sunggyu watched Woohyun wolf up the food and noticed that Woohyun made an unconscious effort to keep his lips closed as he chewed meaning the food caused his already puffy cheeks to expand, at the same time he also pulled his lips forward in a weird pout. Woohyun noticed Sunggyu staring at him and gulped down his mouthful to ask “what’s up?”
“you’ve got a bit of-” Sunggyu held out a tissue, pointing to the side of Woohyun’s mouth.  Woohyun grabbed the tissue and swiped at the sides of his mouth making Sunggyu laugh because he then said “I was only kidding”
Woohyun set the tissue down and mumbled something about payback until his phone started ringing, he mouthed a quick ‘sorry’ to Sunggyu and picked up the call.
Sunggyu heard Woohyun pass the usual conversation with the person on the other side of the phone as he continued eating but then he dropped the spoon from being startled by Woohyun yell of “YAH LEE SUNGJONG!! You’re telling me now that you can’t come?!” Woohyun sighed and said “alright… I’ll see you on Monday, take care… goodbye” and the conversation ended.
“What was that about?” Sunggyu asked, instead of replying Woohyun just waved his hand holding the phone and told Sunggyu not to worry.

They completed their meal for which Woohyun successfully paid for even with Sunggyu’s best efforts to prevent that and so Sunggyu allowed Woohyun to drive them back resulting in a chirpy Woohyun.
Just as they were about to bid good night to one another Woohyun grabbed Sunggyu’s shoulder and enquired “you’re not doing anything tomorrow night are you?”
“Well I’m just-“ Sunggyu began but was cut off when Woohyun pressed his finger against Sunggyu’s lips
“Cool, be ready by half ten” and with that Woohyun stumbled into his apartment and leaned against the inside of his door wondering what Sunggyu must be thinking right now. 


A/N: Heyyyyyy y'all ^-^

Sorry for not updating for a while, these past couple of weeks have been so insanely busy because I'm attending this summer programme and it required staying away from home for two weeks *sad times* but I've met some amazing people

Anyway, I know it's over a week old BUT GAH SUNGJONG IS BACK TO BLOND I CJBSJFJDG HE IS SO HANDSOME gaaaahHHhHHh 

I truly hope you liked this chapter, I can't exactly say when the next chapter will be uploaded because holy I am so stressed out about receiving some very important exam results this week, THE REST OF MY LIFE DEPENDS ON THESE RESULTS.