Chapter 4

Ordinary

Over the next few days Woohyun made a conscious effort to leave it at the same time as Sunggyu so that they could walk and talk together. Sunggyu confessed to Woohyun that it was odd for him to share so much with somebody he had just met, but Woohyun gave him an aura of trust. This statement filled Woohyun with inexplicable joy because his own friends tended to stray away from the topic of 'feelings' so Sunggyu's words honestly just melted Woohyun's heart. 
They exchanged stories about their childhood and Woohyun told Sunggyu all about his hometown and how much he missed it, but how much he is presently enjoying the city life.
The two felt very comfortable in one another's presence, possibly due to the fact that they wouldn't judge the other although there was still heavy teasing and a small bit of bickering to lighten the conversation. 

 

At first Sunggyu had felt a little unnerved about how Woohyun had always approached him, but as Woohyun spilled more and more about his own life, Sunggyu felt himself doing the same and soon enough they had become very close. Woohyun was the type who became more appealing the more one got to know them, it was as though he had an endless amount of charm.
Sunggyu had told Woohyun about how his parents had kicked him out when he told them that he was becoming a teacher, they had always wanted a highly respectable profession from him as they considered teaching to be a 'failed' career path, but Sunggyu couldn't disagree more because it is from teaching he met some very inspirational individuals. However, once he had been eventually offered the role of a lecturer Sunggyu went to visit his parents wherein it became a very emotional time as his parents admitted they had missed him and was proud he had done himself good. Woohyun was shocked that Sunggyu's parents could do such a thing, but was relieved to hear that they had been able to make up.
Woohyun informed Sunggyu that he started working at the company stores in his late teens allowing him to gain many contacts across the departments which ultimately led to his current position due to the outstanding references he had been lucky enough to achieve. 

 

So from the early September of Woohyun and Sunggyu's first meeting, it had become late October when Woohyun felt strong willed enough to knock on Sunggyu's door holding the same dish Sunggyu had brought on the first day Woohyun had moved in, but this time it was filled with something completely different. Woohyun believed his hand at cooking was pretty good since his entire family had been avid cooks to the point they had their own restaurant. Sunggyu answered the door pretty quickly, Woohyun noticed Sunggyu's hair was all trussed up and there were several ink stains upon his shirt and dotted across his face to resemble moles. 

 

“Woah” Woohyun breathed taking in Sunggyu’s state “you look busy, I’ll come back another day” Woohyun said as he turned to return to his own apartment until he felt Sunggyu’s hand grab his arm and pull him into the room.
“I am busy, very busy but god darn it - I am also very tired and hungry so let’s eat” Sunggyu took the dish from Woohyun’s hands and opened it inquisitively to find Japchae with an addition of Dak Galbi (stir fry with marinated chicken).
“Oh this looks delicious” Sunggyu declared, his mood brightening up immediately. Within two minutes the table was already set and the two were ready to eat, Sunggyu was gleefully tucking into the food and Woohyun had the opportunity to see Sunggyu’s apartment properly. The first word that popped into Woohyun’s head in description of it is ‘immaculate.’ Everything was so perfectly organised and clean, Woohyun blushed when he remembered the state his own apartment had been in when Sunggyu visited, he made a mental note to clean his apartment when he got back. There was an entire wall dedicated to several long shelves filled with a huge variety of books, all of which also appeared to be organised.
 There was a particular item that caught Woohyun’s attention, a white grand piano with gilded legs was placed facing the large windows and it was very eye catching amongst the dull décor of the rest of the room.

 

 

As the two were finishing up, Sunggyu’s phone rang and he sighed when he saw the caller ID and excused himself politely. Woohyun took this opportunity to see the piano in its full extravagance, he was in complete awe of it since he knew how expensive such an instrument is.
“Do you like it?” Sunggyu’s voice swam into Woohyun’s thoughts
“Very much” Woohyun admitted, it had been years since he had played
“Can you play something?”
Woohyun’s attention snapped away from the piano and to Sunggyu “oh no no NO, I haven’t played in ages. It would be absolutely horrible and besides, I would much rather hear you play”
“Okay” Sunggyu said coolly, padding over to the seat and settling himself down and taking a breath. He allowed a few moments to pass before commencing adopting a look of concentration with his eyes closed letting his hands lead the notes.

 

Woohyun couldn’t help but admire the sight before him, Sunggyu’s impromptu performance was utterly perfect and he was met with a surprise when Sunggyu began singing too. His voice was so powerful and full of emotion, Woohyun felt touched as the wonderful melody filled the room taking over his senses leaving him to fully appreciate the music being played, his heartbeat in time with the notes. All too quickly the piece had finished causing Woohyun to feel a knot of disappointment, Sunggyu has caused something to stir within Woohyun but he couldn’t find a word to describe it.. a sort of pull?
Woohyun suddenly realised the complete silence and began clapping wildly whilst whooping and cheering “that was breath taking” he commented, approaching to give him a pat on the shoulder.
“Now it’s your turn!” Sunggyu persisted and Woohyun tried to protest, but Sunggyu pulled Woohyun down firmly next to him. Now he was sat down, a small bit of excitement had bubbled up as he plonked down a few keys nervously but a lovely sound still emanated. ‘Must be the effect of such a magnificent piano’ Woohyun thought.
Woohyun set his mind back to the classroom he would often practise in, getting lightly scolded by the teacher for making up his own piece but it was all in good fun. With the thought of the hazy days in his head, Woohyun commenced playing doing his best to cast his mind to the scribbled music notes he had created on impulse. He cursed mentally when he made a few mistakes because he could hardly be comparable to Sunggyu’s impressive work. Yet when he had finished, Woohyun was extremely surprised to receive Sunggyu’s genuine compliment of “that was great Woohyun!”
This was the brightest Woohyun had seen Sunggyu’s eyes and being in such close proximity, it caused that fluttery feeling to return.
“Woohyun?” Sunggyu enquired
“Yes” Woohyun whispered, not wanting to spoil the cosy atmosphere
“Have you ever seen the river at night?”
“I’ve not been able to, no”
Sunggyu stood up and invited to “COME ALONG THEN!!”
“But aren’t you busy”
“I have a month to assess these reports, they can wait. Also, there’s the weekend”
What could Sunggyu say, Woohyun had just brought out his reckless side (because deviating from his schedule is what Sunggyu considers ‘reckless’)
“Okay let me clean up first” Woohyun made to stand up too, but Sunggyu pulled him to the door telling him not to worry, “I’ll do that when I come back”
Woohyun didn’t feel much like taking a train so late in the evening, but he hoped it would be worth it because his work colleagues had told the city’s night view was extremely pretty. Sunggyu grabbed his keys with one hand and had his other hand attached to Woohyun’s so he couldn’t escape because they seemed to disagree on a lot of things, but Sunggyu would be stubborn in this case.

 

They emerged from the building and Sunggyu led them towards the car park.
“Oh you have a car!” Woohyun gasped as Sunggyu pressed the unlock function on his keys. The lights of a white sport car blinked in response and Woohyun stated “you really hit the jackpot!” Sunggyu grinned and held open the door for Woohyun, Woohyun scrambled into the car eagerly which Sunggyu noted and said “not so unwilling anymore eh?”
Woohyun flashed a dazzling smile and shrugged pointing to the driver’s seat as an indication for Sunggyu to hurry~


 

A/N: Hiii, I am going to include the night at the river in the next chapter so please await >.< IHOPEYOUENJOYEDTHIS

This has been such a beilliant week!!! THE AWESOME TEASER FOR DNA (which i have replayed a lot) AND SO MANY WOOGYU MOMENTS 

7

photo Insta-image-1621_zpsipl7yb8q.jpg

 OUR GYUVIS IS SO CUTE

 

AS A THANK YOU TO ALL THE AMAZING SUBSCRIBERS ----