Faking It

Faking it & Loving it

Chanyeol gets a taxi immediately and the trip to the airport seems like its taking years. He tries to call Baekhyun while he’s on his way, but he doesn’t pick up his phone. When he finally arrives to the airport, he pays the taxi driver and rushes inside. He walks to the receptionist (luckily there was no line) and asks “Hi, I need your help. A friend of mine is going to Korea right now and I need to find him.”

“Oh, the Asian flights are in that department.” She answers pointing the way “The next flight to Korea is making the last call right now so you better hurry.”

Chanyeol makes a sloppy bow to thank the receptionist and runs his way to find his best friend. After what feels like millions of stairs he finally sees a sign that says “America – Korea” and walks in. He cans the place and there are too many people for him to find him that way. He starts walking around calling Baekhyun’s name, but getting no answer. He spots the information center and heads there as soon as he sees there’s no one waiting in line. “I’m sorry, but I’m looking for my friend. He’s supposed to take the plane to America.”

“I’m sorry, sir. That plane just left. The people here are the passengers that just left the plane.”

Chanyeol doesn’t answer. He feels defeated. He feels like its too late now. He thinks he’ll never see his best friend again. His phone has no service so he enters the waiting room to use the phone and call a taxi back to college. An old lady is currently chatting in the public phone so he sits down and waits when he hears someone calling out his name. “C-Chanyeol...What are you doing here?”

“Baekhyun? You’re here? But…The plane…”

“I…I couldn’t do it…”

Chanyeol doesn’t say anything. He wipes fresh tears on the back of his hand and leans into Baekhyun to pull him into a tight hug. “I thought I was going to lose you…I was so afraid…” These are not his usual silence tears. This time, Chanyeol is full out crying like a baby, making everyone in the room stare at them.

“Chanyeol…”

“Please, don’t go. Stay. I’m sorry I said those mean things to you. You didn’t deserve it. You’re an amazing friend. You took me in and became my friend as soon as I moved to the house next to yours. I had no friends back then, except for you. You were the one saving me… I know you and Chen didn’t have but even if you did…I shouldn’t have talked to you like that. I’m really sorry…” Chanyeol is still crying without the strength to control his tears.

“It’s ok, baby. It’s ok…Stop crying. This is also my fault. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you about my feelings earlier. I was scared that…” Baekhyun assures him, gently rubbing circles into his best friend’s back as Chanyeol breaks the hug and covers Baekhyun’s mouth with his hand.

“Byun Baekhyun…I’m really in love with you.” Chanyeol says putting his face at the same level as Baekhyun’s to compensate the height difference.

Baekhyun takes Chanyeol’s hand out of his mouth and closes the distance between them catching Chanyeol’s lips in a long, passionate kiss that feels right. It’s like their lips were meant for each other. The kiss breaks and Baekhyun is about to say something when Chanyeol reconnects their lips, kissing his friend for what feels like hours and holding him without the intention of ever letting him go again.

Chanyeol finally lets go of Baekhyun’s lips as he finally says “Let’s go back home. Let’s go back to Korean, together. Get a fresh start. We can go to college there and..:”

“No.”

“W-Why not?”

“We came here together, we’re finishing this together. This time, without faking it.”

“Wow…I hate that you’re always right.”

“And that’s why you love me. Out of many reasons of course.”

“Yeah sure, your eyeliner is smudging by the way.” Chanyeol teases him knowing how much Baekhyun cares about having the perfect eyeliner.

Baekhyun gets his suitcase, and they go back to college together. They go back as a couple, but this time…Loving it instead of faking it. They tell Kai and Chen about the news, and their two friends are really happy for them. Baekhyun gets a part time job at Chen’s coffee shop and Chanyeol is helping Kai at the newspaper. Mike now invites them to every party and they always sing together.

After some months, they finally graduate and go back to Korea. They go back with enough savings to get an apartment and decide to live together. Baekhyun’s investing into vocal training so he can audition at some companies to become an idol, and manages to convince Chanyeol to do it with him.

 

From: Chanyeol 

To: Baekhyun

Message: I’m so happy. It’s amazing to have my best friend, my lover and my boyfriend all in the same person. I love you so much.

 

– The End –

-----♥-----

Hi guys. I hope you enjoyed the ending! I really enjoyed writing this and I'm really happy with it. I'm also really happy with the feedback that I got in this fanfic. Thank you so much for all the comments and for all the love <3 Upvote the story if you enjoyed it and thank you so much for everything!