I Was Drunk

Faking it & Loving it

Chanyeol leaves Kai’s room, closing the door behind him. “Aish…Everyone seems to want a kiss from me these days…” he sighs at the thought of Kai’s kiss. “Why would he kiss me?” he thinks.

Before meeting Baekhyun, he heads over to his own room because he forgot his phone. Little he knew Baekhyun was already there waiting for him. He opens the door and jumps at the sight of Baekhyun laying on his bed looking through is phone. “B-Baek?”

“Oh, you’re back! Who’s this ‘Kai’ all over your kakao? A new friend…Or perhaps…boyfriend? Don’t you dare mess up with my plan of fake dating you, you little…”

“Stop.”

“What?”

“Kai is my friend. He took care of me when you were too busy with your girls at the party. What are you doing in my room anyway? Go to the girl’s dorm. You’ll be happier over there.”

“Chanyeol…Are you jealous?” The serious look on Baekhyun’s face quickly turns in a playful smile.

“Pff…Why would I be jealous? You can do whatever you want. Choose one of those girls as a best friend if that’s what..”

“Now you stop there Mr. Chanyeol. I waited here all morning so we could talk. You’re still mad at me right? This morning, you made me feel like I forgot something important from last night. I’m sorry.”

“Really? You think ‘I’m sorry’ is enough?”

“Is it important?”

“You said…you said you…you love me.” Chanyeol turned away and crossed his arms like a little kid trying to secure his tears from falling down his pale skin.

Baekhyun got up from the bed with the serious look back in his face. He grabbed Chanyeol’s hand and sat him down on the bed. He grabbed his shoulders and looked him in the eyes. “Chanyeol…I’m sorry. I’m sorry if I said something stupid last night. I was drunk. I say silly things when I drink too much. I know that you’re worried that I may fall in love with you and ruin your friendship but…”

“What? No.. It’s not like that…I….”

“Shh…Let me finish. Anyway, I do love you, but as a brother, as my best friend. I didn’t mean it. I’m so sorry that I made you worry about it.”

Chanyeol gives up and releases his silent tears. The words ‘I didn’t mean it’ sunk into his heart like a bomb that was about to explode. This is the first time he feels his heart breaking like this. Baekhyun is his first love after all. Baekhyun tries to wipe down his friend’s tears, but Chanyeol hides his face with his hands and cries into them. Baekhyun also tries to hug him, but he doesn’t hug him back.

“Chanyeol…don’t cry. Stop crying. You’ll always be my best friend.”

Chanyeol tries to get closer to Baekhyun’s face, but they are interrupted by someone opening the door.

“Hey, Chanyeol! Chen and I bought pizza and…Oh. I’m sorry.”

“Oh, no problem.” Says Baekhyun smiling and caressing Chanyeol’s cheek. “Me and my boyfriend were just…”

“Stop Baek…Kai knows about it.” Chanyeol interrupts cleaning up his own tears. “I told him after the party.”

“What? He’s the leader of the newspaper! Are you stupid?”

“Chill, Kai won’t tell anyone. We’re friends.”

“Fine…If you trust him I guess I’ll do too.” Suddenly Baekhyun’s phone rings. He looks at the screen, and immediately leaves. “Yes! Nice! I gotta go guys. See ya. Have fun with your pizza.”

Kai sits next to Chanyeol placing a hand on his knee. “So…Wanna talk about it?”

“I tried to confess… but I couldn’t.”

“Chanyeol…you know…Chen is my best friend right?”

“Yes...”

“Well…I hate to be the one telling you this. But…there’s something you need to know.”

Kai begins to tell them about how Baekhyun left to go on a date with Chen. That morning, at the shop, Chen left his kakao ID in the receipt. Baekhyun messaged him as soon as he noticed and after some small talk, told him all about the fake dating. The two of them started flirting over text message and are having lunch together at this exact moment.

“Why…Why would you tell me this?! Do you want me to die on the inside? Jeez man…”

“Shh…Wait. Listen to me. I’m telling you this because I know what you’re going through. I have a crush on my best friend too. I’ve been crushing over Chen for the longest time but I always thought that he was straight. Now that he’s going on a date with Baekhyun, I know that he’s not, so this is my chance.”

“That doesn’t erase the fact that Baekhyun still doesn’t know my feelings about him.”

“I have a plan. We can work together.”

“I’m listening.”

Chanyeol and Kai are on their way to crash into Baek and Chen’s date. Of course Chen told Kai everything about where they’re going. They should be at the restaurant right now. It’s open mic today. Singing, reading poetry…confessing. You can do whatever you want over there. They spot the two of them sitting at a table reading through the menus and talking to each other.

“Ok, so here’s the plan. I’ll queue you in for the open mic. I’m going to get Chen now, I’ll say that I have something important to tell him and I’ll confess to him outside. Meanwhile, use the mic as you please.”

“An open mic?! W-Wait…”

“Good luck buddy. Let’s do this.”

Kai does everything as planned. Chen looks concerned but as soon as he sees Chanyeol he understands what’s going on and tells Baekhyun to wait at the table. The little stage is empty, which means it’s Chanyeol’s turn. He slowly gets up there as he makes eye contact with Baekhyun’s confused look. Everyone’s looking at him. He’s Sweating. Mostly at his forehead. He starts biting down on his bottom lip. His cheeks are turning into a deep shade of pink as he starts scratching the tip of his nose. “The crush look” as Baekhyun would say.

“Well…Hi. I’m not really good at this, but…but...” He cleans his throat and starts again. “Hi, I’m Chanyeol. I’m Korean. I came all the way to America to study abroad with my best friend. I’ve been learning a lot about love lately. And I know that gay marriage is legal now in the states so I guess we all know a lot about all kinds of love. I think being deeply in love is a gift. Finding a partner…a soulmate… falling in love with your other half, with your best friend. Like I’ve fallen in love with mine.”

Baekhyun looks chocked. He can feel how real Chanyeol’s words are. He’s not playing fake boyfriend anymore. His jaw drops and he keeps his mouth open as Chanyeol rests the mic on the mic stand in front of him and walks over to Baekhyun.

 

-----♥-----

I hope I'm not updating too quickly. I don't want you guys to get tired of this story. Also, I hope the chapters are not too big. Hopefully you're enjoying the story so far <3