You're My Best Friend

Faking it & Loving it

Baekhyun wakes up with his head ringing. A painful strong hangover is already attacking him. He sits on the bed and yawns, scratches his head and looks around, only to realized that was Chanyeol’s room. “What the hell am I doing here?” he says. “And where the hell is Chanyeol? Jeez I can’t even remember anything from last night. Was I really that drunk?”

It’s Saturday morning, so there’s no class today. Baekhyun grabs his phone from the headstand and puts it back inside his pocket. As he exited Chanyeol’s room he heard someone brushing his teeth in the bathroom down the hall. He heads over there and takes a look inside. Chanyeol was standing there with his toothbrush in his mouth.

“! Baekhyun you scared me.” He screams jumping at the sudden entrance, eyes locked in Baekhyun’s cutely messy hair.

“I’m sorry, didn’t mean to scare you.”

“So…How are you feeling?” Chanyeol asks after spitting out the remaining toothpaste out of his mouth.

“My head hurts a bit, but I think I’m fine. I guess I got too drunk but thank you for letting me sleep next to you.”

“No problem. Get ready and let’s have brunch together. I heard that’s a big thing here in a America.”

“Ok.” Baekhyun nods and is about to leave the bathroom but quickly turns around to ask one more thing. “Oh, by the way…What happened to the girls? Did I get some last night?”

“Girls…? Baekhyun…”

“What? What’s wrong?”

“I love you…”

“Oh, I love you too buddy, you’re my best friend. There’s no need for you to say that out loud when there’s no one around though. We don’t need to play couple when we’re alone, don’t worry about it.”

“Wow… You really don’t remember, do you?”

“What? Did I forget something important? Are you mad at me?”

“I knew it…It was too good to be true. I’m leaving.”

“Wait! What about breakfast?” Baekhyun shouts hopping his best friend could still hear him. Not understanding the situation, Baekhyun just gets ready and heads to a coffee shop to have breakfast all by himself.

The shop is pretty much empty, with only one or two old man reading the newspaper and a woman talking on the phone. While he’s waiting for his order to get ready, the bartender starts small talk with him.

“Is your friend alright? It’s weird to see you here all by yourself.”

“Excuse me?”

“I’ve noticed you two before. Chanyeol comes here a lot and to buy coffee for two.” He says as Baekhyun remembers the fact that Chanyeol always brings him coffee in the morning. He was so used to it that he doesn’t even say ‘thank you’ anymore.

“Oh…I think he’s mad at me, but I…I can’t remember why. Wait…Are you Korean? The way you pronounced his name…”

“Ahah, yes I am. Hi, my name’s Chen. Oh, and here’s your coffee and your muffin.”

“Thank you. Well, Chen, why you have the name ‘Bob’ in your name tag?”

“I don’t really work here. My father owns the shop but he’s out at a meeting today, and the bartender is sick so I decided to help around here today.”

“That’s nice of you. Did you come to the party last night?”

“I was supposed to, but my friend Kai bailed on me. He was supposed to pick me up from the coffee shop but didn’t show up so I ended up not going. But I heard Chanyeol’s boyfriend sang him a song. And they even kissed. You must be happy for your friend.”

“Actually…That was me.”

“Oh, you two are a couple? I always thought you were straight since I always see you hitting on girls around here.”

“Yeah…I kinda…have to…go…” Baekhyun puts the money on top of the counter and slowly leaves the shop before Chen gets any more suspicious. He takes a sip of the ice coffee he just ordered and cringes at the bitterness. He goes back to Chanyeol’s bedroom, he knows the code anyway. He waits there just in case Chanyeol decides to come back.

Meanwhile, Chanyeol meets Kai in his room, and tells him all about what happened when he returned to the dorm.

“Kai…Kai…What do I do?” he asks sniffling quietly.

“Well…I don’t know…Ya know…There are two kinds of people. Some people tell the truth when they’re drunk, and say everything they don’t have the courage to say when they’re sober…But some people only say nonsense things when they’re drunk…So, I don’t know how’s Baekhyun.”

“I don’t know either. I hate parties so I’ve never seen him drunk before. I don’t know what to do:”

“You can always come into my closet.”

“What do you mean?”

Kai gets up and grabs Chanyeol’s face kissing him quickly on the lips. Just a little peck. Their lips barely touching. Just like the kiss Baekhyun first stole from Chanyeol. Chanyeol jumps back in his seat. “What the hell was that?”

“A gift for myself. Well, I have work to do now, but you can stay if you want. I need to get things done so I can publish the newspaper on Monday.” Kai turns his back and heads over to his computer’s desk.

He’s about to sit down when Chanyeol grabs onto his arm, holding him back. He turns him around and gives Kai a light kiss as well. Kai smiles shyly and places a hand on Chanyeol’s head to ruffle his poodle hair as Chanyeol sighs. “It’s…It’s different. There’s no burning sensation on my stomach, and my heart isn’t racing like it was yesterday.”

“So what are you waiting for you dummy? Go find Baekhyun.”

 

 

-----♥-----

Omg I hope this is not too long for a chapter T.T I hope you're enjoying the story! Also, I added a few cute things ( and Characters! ) to the Foreword section. Are you #TeamKai or #TeamBaek ?!