Misunderstandings

Faking it & Loving it

“Chan…Chanyeol…Kai…This is not what it looks like.” Baekhyun tried to calm Chanyeol down but it was too late. After that shocking scenario of Baekhyun and Chen on the kitchen floor, Chanyeol left right away.

Kai suppressed his rage for Chen and thought about Kai for a second. “Baekhyun! What are you waiting for?! Get dressed and go after him! You probably know where he’s heading right now.”

Baekhyun knew exactly where to find his best friend. There’s a really quiet garden with a really big fountain in the middle that Chanyeol goes to whenever he wants to cry. Baekhyun gets dressed (trying to ignore how sticky and dirty his clothes feel) and runs there immediately. He finds Chanyeol kneeling down on the floor with his head resting in the fountain, crying his heart out. He slowly approaches his best friend patting him on the shoulder. “Chanyeol…”

“Go away!” He screams. Luckily there’s no one around.

“Chanyeol…I don’t really have an explanation… I’m never drinking again I promise.”

“I don’t understand…Why would you do this to me? I was expecting you to get drunk enough so I could make you say that you love me…That’s all I wanted…I don’t understand. Why is it ok with him…a guy that already has a boyfriend…but it’s not ok with me? Your best friend that knows how to take care of you and…”

“I’m sorry ok? Chen means nothing too me. I was scared because I didn’t see you in your dorm and I started drinking and I couldn’t control myself. I don’t even remember anything. I planned to confess to you but…”

“Confess? Your feelings? By having with another guy?!”

“I wish I could explain everything, but I don’t remember, Chanyeol! I’m so sorry. That’s all I can say.” Baekhyun starts crying together with Chanyeol. Guilt and Discuss for himself are taking care of his heart. The tears fall down his face leaving a track of black eyeliner behind.

“If you really do have feelings for me…Why didn’t you tell me earlier? Just…Just…Stop lying! Now I understand why nobody liked you back when we were kids.” he starts to say when he turns around but is too consumed by his anger to consider anything he has to say.

“W-What…What did you just say?” Baekhyun remembers everything the kids used to do to him. Dark memories of him crying himself to sleep every night with bruises and scratches all over him came to mind. The way everyone used to make fun of him. The nightmare Chanyeol saved him from.

“Baek…I’m sorry I didn’t…”

“I’m glad you understand. Maybe you shouldn’t have saved me from them. Maybe I deserved all of that, right? Maybe I deserved the miserable way I was living. You don’t like me? You want me to disappear? Fine! I’m gone!” Chanyeol tries to interrupt him realizing how much he hurt Baekhyun but it was too late, Baekhyun couldn’t be stopped now. “I spent years trying to forget everything I went through. I’ve always thought you were special. I fell in love with you and didn’t want to ruin our friendship so I suggested that we started fake dating! Best of both worlds, I got to kiss you and ‘date’ you, while being popular and making people like me. But now…I understand…I shouldn’t be here. You’ll be happier without me.”

Chanyeol watches Baekhyun’s back as he leaves. He doesn’t chase after him. Chanyeol blinks the tears away, not granting them to fall, because he'd made his best friend a promise to never cry over him again.

It’s been three days since they last spoke to each other. Chanyeol sat down on the floor outside of Baekhyun’s room every night. He stays there quietly while listening to his beautiful voice singing sad songs and spending nights without sleeping properly, but lacking the courage to knock on the door and going in to comfort him. Today, things are happening a little different, there is no song playing, the lights are off and there’s no sound coming out of the room. “Maybe he’s finally sleeping today” Chanyeol says almost as a whisper. It’s three o’clock in the afternoon. Baekhyun didn’t go to class so Chanyeol just assumes he’s tired and taking a nap. The silence of the halls is interrupted by Chanyeol’s phone ringing, it was Kai.

“Hello? Kai I’m not in the mood for…”

“Chanyeol you need to come over to my room. Right now. And I won’t take ‘no’ as an answer.”

He hangs up right away not giving Chanyeol a chance to decline. Chanyeol gets up, stretches and hurries to his friend’s dorm to find Kai and Chen together waiting for him.

“Oh…You’re together.” He says, eyes wide open in surprise.

“Unfortunately. Anyway, Chen has something to tell you.” Kai says giving Chen a pat on the back.

“Chen?”

“Well…I actually remembered everything that happened that night…at the coffee shop…”

“The night…that you had with Baekhyun…”

“That’s the thing. I didn’t. We didn’t. He was crying so much after drinking. He was telling me how much he’s in love with you and how he’s afraid people will be mean to him for being gay when you guys go back to Korea. I drank too much so I couldn’t walk properly and I happened to spill an entire bottle of soda and two jars of iced coffee on our clothes. We stripped down so we wouldn’t feel sticky from the sugar while sleeping…”

“But…Baekhyun’s … He said it was hurting.”

“Well…” Chen lightly laughs. “That’s kinda funny. He actually sat down on top of one of the bottles.”

“So…you didn’t have ?! I got mad at him…I told him those horrible things…For a bunch of misunderstandings?!”

“That’s not the worst part, Yeol…” Kai adds with a serious look on his face.

“There’s more?!”

“Well…Baekhyun’s is kinda leaving. He asked to transfer schools today, he packed his things and left. He must be in the airport right now. You can stop him on time if you leave right now.”

“WHAT?!”

 

-----♥-----

I hope you liked this update. I have a feeling you guys didn't enjoy the last chapter as much as the other ones so I hope this one's better. Tomorrow I'll post the LAST chapter of this story. Thank you for all the subscriptions (this is officially my most subscribed story!) and upvotes <3 Comment what do you think of the story so far and...see you tomorrow ♥