I Love You

Faking it & Loving it

“Baek…Can we talk for a second?” Chanyeol pulls his best friend aside. “I wanna leave.”

“Why? I just got a bunch of girl’s numbers. It’ll be my first time making out with a foreigner.”

“Please…”

“Look, you can leave if you want. I’m staying.” Baekhyun leaves and goes back to the girls, and Chanyeol is left alone.

Chanyeol feels the tears coming when he feels abandoned by his best friend. He’s frozen in place processing everything Baekhyun just said when Kai approaches him and taps on his shoulder.

“Hey there stranger, rough night? That calls for pizza and ice cream. Let’s go to my dorm. Follow me.”

Chanyeol is not even thinking straight right now (literally) so he lets Kai grab his wrist and lead him into his room. His room is so messy. Pieces of newspaper all over the walls, a computer with 3 screens, a really old looking radio and tons of books. “Here’s the ice cream, you can sit on my bed. The pizza is on its way here.”

“Thanks. I really wanted to get out of there.”

“That makes two of us. I don’t really like parties but I love my job so…you know…But enough about me, tell me what’s wrong.”

“Look, you seem like a cool guy but… I’m not talking about my feelings with the guy who runs the newspaper. That’s social suicide.”

“Well young and naïve Chanyeol, let me tell you one thing. As soon as we enter that door together, I’m not a journalist anymore. I’m just Kai.

“It’s a long story.”

“I have time. It’s not like I have anything better to do.”

Chanyeol slowly begins telling Kai all about how he met Baekhyun. They were little kids and a group of boys from the neighborhood used to pick on Baekhyun a lot, to the point that he always went home crying. They would hit him, call him names, steal things from him…until the day Chanyeol moved there. Chanyeol stood up against the bullies and saved Baekhyun from everything he was going through. Baekhyun has been obsessed with the idea of being popular since that day.

“I thought having me as a best friend would be enough for him, but apparently it’s not. He wants everyone to like him.”

“Well, you’re his boyfriend so...”

“Actually, we’re faking it.”

“Faking it? Like what? s? I thought only chicks did that. Wow dude that . I don’t know much about between two guys but…”

“Not that, we’re faking being gay. Well, at least Baekhyun is, but after that kiss…I’m not so sure.”

The awkward conversation is interrupted by a knock on the door. It’s the pizza guy arriving just on time. If Chanyeol is confused about how he feels about his friend, at least he can eat up his feelings with some pizza. Chanyeol shoves in the first slice right away and when he gets the second one, he opens up the conversation again.

“Please don’t tell anyone, Kai. I don’t want people to pick on Baekhyun again. I’m afraid they’ll be mean to him when they find out he’s straight. I don’t want him to get hurt. I can handle it for myself, but he won’t be able to.”

“Chanyeol, he was the one kissing you at the Karaoke station. How’s that for a straight guy? And trust me, I know what I’m talking about.”

“You…You know?”

“I know. Welcome to the little closet of my biuality. My name is Kim Jong-in but you can call me Kai.”

“But you said…”

“That I don’t know much about relationships between two guys? Well, I lied. Everyone lies once in a while. That’s because I’m not out yet so…Let’s be secret buddies. I’ll keep yours if you keep mine.”

Chanyeol smiles to the idea and continues to enjoy his pizza. They finish their food and the conversation and Chanyeol hurries back to his room. He’s not a big fan of walking alone at night so he goes back as fast as he can. When he opens the door, he finds drunk Baekhyun laying on his bed.

“Baekhyun, what are you doing in my room?” Chanyeol asks while taking off his jacket. “What about your girls?”

“My girls? Pff…You’re my boyfriend show some respect. I’m sleeping here tonight. Now come here and kiss me good night.” Baekhyun pouts again. It’s still cute even though he’s talking in his drunken voice.

“Are…Are you sure?”

Baekhyun doesn’t answer so Chanyeol lays next to him and gives him a light peck on the forehead. He knows his best friend is drunk. He would never ask for something like that if he was sober, and Chanyeol cares about him so he won’t be taking advantage of him. Baekhyun is facing the wall while Chanyeol is spooning behind him. That’s nothing new, they used to do it al the time in Korea when they were roommates. That’s a natural thing to do between straight boys back at their home country. When Chanyeol was about to fall asleep, he hears something coming from Baekhyun’s mouth.

I love you, Chanyeol.”

“I love you too, Baek. For real.”

 

-----♥-----

Yes, I'm so happy with this story that I just posted two chapters on the same day! I hope that's ok with you guys. I also hope you're enjoying the story. I'll update soon <3