The Cutest Gay Couple

Faking it & Loving it

 “C’mon! Who is it? Do I know her? Is she Korean? Is she American?”

“Stop it. I don’t…I don’t have a crush on anyone.”

“I know you’re lying. I’ll let it pass this time, but make sure to tell me who she is at the party. Maybe one kiss will make her jealous.”

“Kiss? Oh, I almost forgot about that! How dare you steal my first kiss?”

“I told you…It’s like a handshake! We’re buddies so it doesn’t count. I can kiss you as many times as I want.”

“Don’t even think about it.”

“Oww, so cute. Is my boyfriend mad at me? Oh come here cutie.” Baekhyun hugs Chanyeol after his overwhelming aegyo attack.

After a long day full of tedious and boring classes, it’s time for the party. They both put on nice clothes (not too nice, they don’t wanna look desperate for attention) and head over to the senior building. As soon as they arrive, everyone’s looking at them.

“Hey! You’re here. Nice to see you guys. Should I get a drink for my favorite gay couple?”

“Sure, Mike. Thanks for inviting us. We’ll wait over there.” Says Baekhyun pointing at an empty couch.

Chanyeol looks around. The party is full of people making out in every corner. Boys with boys, Girls with Girls, Girls with Boys, Two boys and Two girls ( at the same time! ). As young boy that had his first kiss with his fake gay best friend, that kind of environment is not that good for him.

“Baek, this is really intimidating. Can we go now? It’s making me uncomfortable.”

“I know you don’t like crowds or parties, but let’s stay for a bit. I’ll be right here.” Baekhyun holds Chanyeol’s hand to make him feel safe. “Oh, you’re blushing. Is your crush here? Introduce me to her.”

“I told you, I don’t have a…crush…on any girl…”

“Oh, it’s a boy? It’s ok. I won’t judge if you play in both teams, man. We’re best friends. You don’t need to feel ashamed of who you are. Introduce me to him then.”

“I…I…”

“Here are the drinks. They’re really light on the alcohol but feel free to add more.” Mike interrupts them. "Hey, your name is Baekhyun right? You’re in the singing club, right?”

“Yes, that’s right.”

“Awesome. What about some karaoke?”

“Karaoke? Cool! Can we go, Chanyeol? Pleeeaseee.” He says pouting his lips once again. That works every time.

“Fine…Just one song, but no more pouting, I’m warning you.”

Mike leads them to the Karaoke and gets a mic to introduce them. “Ladies and Gentlemen, let’s show everyone how open-minded our college is by having the cutest gay couple singing in our stage. Everyone, Baekhyun and Chanyeol!”

Baekhyun smiles and heads to the little stage equipped with the karaoke machine. He pulls Chanyeol by the wrist an grabs only one microphone. He gets close to Chanyeol and whispers in his hear. “Let’s make everyone remember us tonight. We’ll be really popular if we keep it believable. Play along.”

The song Solo by Jay Park starts playing and Baekhyun sings along to it. The rest of the party goes silent and everyone’s looking at them. Chanyeol is frozen in place looking at Baekhyun while his best friend sings to him looking him in the eyes.

“KISS! KISS! KISS!” Everyone’s asking for a kiss as Baekhyun stops singing and nods at Chanyeol getting closer to him.

Baekhyun gets on top of the Karaoke speaker so their faces are at the same level. He cups Chanyeol’s face into his hands and kisses him. Chanyeol keeps his eyes open for a while, the crowd’s screaming in excitement, the melody of the song keeps playing, and Chanyeol finally closes his eyes enjoying every second of that kiss.

“This is my first real kiss, and it's making me fall in love with my best friend….” Chanyeol thinks to himself as Baekhyun brakes the kiss. They stay like that for a while, Baekhyun’s hands around Chanyeol’s neck. Chanyeol missing his lips already. His fantasy breaks apart as Baekhyun whippers “Good job, man! They’ll believe it and you’ll make your crush jealous.”

“If you only knew little Baek…” Chanyeol says, but Baekhyun doesn’t hear him because the party is getting louder and louder.  

The romantic karaoke moment is interrupted when a tall blonde male pulls Chanyeol from the stage. “Hi, I’m Kai from the college’s international newspaper. You need to tell me everything about your relationship.”

Kai drags Chanyeol to the quiet side of the part and when Chanyeol looks back he only sees a group of girls around Baekhyun. His best friend winks at him and keeps talking to the girls. Kai closes the kitchen door and grabs a little notebook and a pen that he has on his backpack. “I know, it’s weird that I brought these to the party, but I’m just doing my job. So, tell me everything. How’s your relationship with Baekhyun?”

Chanyeol doesn’t answer for a while. He keeps looking at Baekhyun with all of those girls around him through the little glass window built in with the door. He met Baekhyun’s girlfriends and friends before, but he never felt anything like this. This is his first time feeling jealous by seeing his best friend flirting with someone else. “…I think I’m falling for him.” He says without even realizing he’s saying it out loud.

“Well, I’m sorry. But…If you guys are a couple, I think you’re supposed to be already in love with…”

“I’m sorry, I gotta go.” Chanyeol abandons Kai, opening the door and walking in Baekhyun’s direction. 

 

-----♥-----

I'm so happy with the feedback! So many subscribers and views ( and already 2 upvotes! ) only from one chapter?! OMG I hope I can write this story well and I hope I won't disapoint you all. Thank you so much for all the support and the lovely comments <3