ζ - Chapter 6 - ζ

The Zeta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 6

 

Hyukjae sighed loudly, before leaning his head on the back of the single bed’s headboard; he was sitting upon, as he recalled the livid expressions on Jaejoong’s face once he came to learn about that and how he had wordlessly beckoned Kyuhyun to follow him as Jaejoong ran out of Guardian’s secret room, in quite a hurry. Hyukjae let out another audible sigh as recalled the drastic changed in Jaejoong’s expression from the moment he entered to the moment he left and that for some reason unsettled the Zeta.

.

.

Flashback:

 

“Is this, who I think this is?” Jaejoong’s smooth voice had broken the silence of the room, dissolving the icy cold aura to be replaced by warmth when he smiled brightly, even if the grin had only stretched on the half visible lips, the thick mane of his hairs didn’t show even a hint of the rest of his face.

 

“Yes, we finally found the Zeta, Jaejoong,” Kyuhyun announced in a clear and proud voice.

 

“This is splendid,” Jaejoong whispered, dark eyes boring into Hyukjae’s curious ones.

 

“But we might have a little problem,” Sehun announced to the room at large, successfully gaining everyone’s undivided attention. “The Zeta has already been marked…”

 

To everyone’s great surprise rather than showing shock and surprise the leader of Guardians gave out a mere chuckle, “Well, that’s-”

 

“By the Silver Alpha,” Sehun dramatically announced the most crucial detail after a heartbeat, enjoying the whirlpool of emotions flashing across his fellow Guardian’s faces.

 

An ominous silence followed Sehun deadpanned words. By second the air around them got stiffer and stiffer, suffocating the Zeta, slightly.

 

“How is that possible?” Jaejoong growl menacingly as he took long strides toward the Zeta, making latter to take a step back involuntarily. A warning growled teared out of Hyukjae’s tight lips when Jaejoong proceeded to yank away his black and red striped shirt.

 

“Jaejoong!” Kyuhyun cried in warning, making Jaejoong to snap out of his possess state and realize what he was about to do. He glanced at the bared teeth of the Zeta and realized how the later was mere seconds away from attacking Jaejoong in self-defense.

 

“I apologize,” Jaejoong mutter, his stretched hands falling beside his stiffened body, jaws clutched as he stared down at Hyukjae. “I am sorry for my hasty and harsh action but… but I need to see the mark myself.”

 

Hyukjae gave a look of distrust to the leader, not planning on doing as Jaejoong wished until Sehun humbly requested him to show his mark to everyone, stating how it was necessary for Hyukjae’s Guardians to be on the same page as him. A little reluctant, Hyukjae pulled down the shirt from his shoulder, showcasing the design of perfect set of teeth with silver outlining, decorating his pale neck.

 

“How is that even possible…,” Jaejoong said to no one in particular. His sharp eyes taking in the mark in something close to surprise and anger before those dark eyes harden in a blink. “Kyuhyun. Study. Now!”

 

With these three words Jaejoong swirled around and skipped out of the room, his long cloak blowing behind him, closely followed by Cho Kyuhyun. Hyukjae watched them go; a twist of something akin to suspicion swirled around in the pit of his stomach… again, making him wonder if he was doing the right thing.

 

A cold touch along Hyukjae’s mark made the Zeta to jolt up and give a warning growl to the offender.

 

“Didn’t you left Wolvotaria right after you turn sixteen?” Ara asked, her forefinger still lightly tracing around the silver outline of Hyukjae’s mark, despite the tense stance of the latter.

 

“I was marked two days before I turned sixteen,” Hyukjae enlightened the room full of curious Guardians. But thought better to educate them about every single detail of that fateful night.

 

“But only a Guardian can sense the presence of Zeta even before the said Zeta has come of the age,” Ara mused. “The Silver Alpha can’t possibly know about you being the Zeta, so why would he mark you?”

 

“I believe there is only one person that can answer this question, right?” Heskel put in his thoughts. “The Silver Alpha himself.”

 

“True,” Hyukjae said, a sudden shine taking over his eyes. “I was thinking about it. I personally want to meet and talk with this Silver Alpha then maybe-”

 

A chorus of loud ‘NO’ was thrown at the Zeta from every direction.

 

“Are you mad?” Jericho demanded.

 

“That’s like a suicide mission,” Myungsoo screamed.

 

“The Silver Alpha is known as the ruthless person just like his Father, the Golden Alpha,” Sehun started. “We can’t possibly let you present yourself in silver platter when the Grey Canines are searching every corner of every planet in search for you. God only knows what that hideous person has stored in for you.”

 

“But-” Hyukjae tried clearing his point of view but was cut off rather rudely by Jaehyun.

 

“I thought Zeta could reject a mark if he was marked against his will, can’t you do that?”

 

“No, that’s not how this works,” Surprisingly it was Ara who came forward to answer rather than the one who was questioned. “A Zeta only rejects the mark of the dominating Werewolf that abuses him in any way. So, how were you marked, Hyukjae?”

 

“I…,” Hyukjae’s thoughts wandered back to that day, that dark cold but blurred night. “I… I don’t know…” Hyukjae mumbled truthfully. Not because it had been years that he forgot, it’s because that night has blurred out of his memory from the very moment he woke up to find Saeun hovering above him, telling him he was in danger and that he needed to run away. “I just remember seeing two silver orbs… everything else is a blur… then next I woke up, I was already marked.”

 

A heavy silence descended upon them. Hyukjae noticed the Guardians sharing confuse looks with each other.

 

“Wait…,” Jericho started, scratching his chin thoughtfully. “So you are saying… the Silver Alpha was chosen FIVE years ago?? Because only Silver Alpha can have Silver eyes, right?”

 

“But how is that possible?” Sehun screeched. “The Golden Alpha presented the Silver Alpha merely six months ago.”

 

“What the hell is going on around here?” Heskel muttered, running a rough hand on his face.

.

.

Hyukjae had started to feel a headache coming with so much drama and revelations going around. Thankfully, his longtime friend Myungsoo had picked upon the exhausted state of the Zeta and offered him to rest. Something Hyukjae had eagerly agreed upon.

 

Myungsoo had showed him to a vast circular room, decorated with perfect mildness. A comfortable single bed- with a short headboard on both ends- was placed in the middle of the room, a fluffy carpeted floor greeted his aching feet and a large window opening into a small porch was the highlight of the room.

 

Exhausted, Hyukjae wanted nothing more than to crash on the inviting bed, but something about the hint of light passing through the close window compelled him to slowly tread toward it. Hyukjae stepped out on the porch; cool air caressed his warm body, making him to shiver slightly. Hyukjae glanced up at the sky, a silver orb hung in the middle of the pitch black sky. Hyukjae turned his head right and found a similar orb there, another one could be seen on the left… Hyukjae knew the fourth moon must be behind him but Hyukjae couldn’t see it because of the large mansion like building. The Four moons of Wolvotaria hung pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter