ζ - Chapter 19 - ζ

The Zeta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 19

 

Donghae stood erect, face blank and eyes searching.

 

The gate of Golden Palace was close, the guards exchanging worried looks while looking at the dangerously silent Prince of Wolvotaria. Kai looked livid, yet the guards of Palace stood their grounds with eyes fixed on the Silver Alpha. Donghae’s eyes shone brightly, the swirling silver in them twinkling in the darkness before the dawn.

 

“Move,” Donghae ordered after a length of pause, expressions not wavering even for a moment.

 

“But the Golden Alpha has his orders clear,” The guard dare repeat his initial words albeit the fact that his voice shook slightest bit. “The war is welcomed but the Silver Alpha shall not leave the safety of the Palace therefore-”

 

“This is my war,” Donghae interrupted without any malice behind his words, calmly turning his face to look at the guard standing before the gate. “Arvin, if today I can’t even face my enemies would you be able to respect me as your new Golden Alpha in future?”

 

The guard’s resolved looked shaken visibly, blinking his eyes rather owlishly.

 

“Are King and Prince of Wolvotaria piece of decoration?” Donghae demanded, eyes blazed with a new kind of fire of passion as he slowly turned to stare straight in each guard’s eyes. “Should royalty or my title compel me to let my subordinate go and die in the war while I sit in the so-called confinement of the Castle? Do you, Arvin, or maybe you, Timlen, want your rulers as spine less as your ancestors did? Don’t you want things to change and become better?”

 

“Prince,” Arvin mumbled, looking worried and confused. “The Golden Alpha said-”

 

“Minhyuk, how much time do we have?” Donghae cut off the rumbling guard and turned to his best friend.

 

“We should move right now in order to reach the main grounds before Nobles do,” The Omicron informed solemnly.

 

“Open the gates, Arvin,” Donghae ordered; urgency lacing his tone as he earnestly looked toward the guard. “Trust me this once, Arvin. I being in the war would be the most important part of this plan. Trust me… I can change Wolvotaria for better.”

 

The guard looked hesitant for another beat before he exhaled loudly and stepped away to signal the guard in high towers to heave up the iron wrought gate of the Golden Palace. Donghae threw the guard a grateful look, happily nodding when Arvin expressed the wish to keep the Castle sealed and protected while the Prince goes to win the war. A wave of loud cheers and boastful roars tore the silence of the air as Donghae; lead a horde of pumped and full of spirit werewolves behind him.

 

Steps confident with purpose, Donghae walked before anyone else. They walked faster, wanting to reach the two groups of Palace army that stood at the outskirt of the war grounds, meant to create a wall for the unwelcomed enemies. But there had been a slight change in the plans and Donghae wanted to be the one to greet the opponents… a small talk before the war seemed rather necessary at this point.

 

It took them less than twenty minutes to cover the length of the vast grounds before the original frontal army of their came in view. The general, a loyal Delta, came running toward the approaching horde once he noticed Donghae at the very front.

 

“Prince Donghae,” The general inclined his head, not able to clear off the wild expressions on his face. “Why are you-?”

 

“Tell your group to fall back, general,” Donghae roared in his loud and clear voice, off handedly gesturing toward the back where the rest of Palace army stood erect and ready. “If we present our army first, it would give the impression that we want the war, while that couldn’t be the furthest things from the truth.”

 

“But Sire-”

 

“General,” Donghae said in his chillingly calm tone. “Don’t argue… fall back and I shall face the worst.”

 

The Delta General had no further words to say, bowing his head in a stiff manner he took his army and went to stand behind the Grey Canines and Guardians standing just behind Donghae.

 

“What are you doing, Donghae?” Ara demanded, a deep frown cutting her forehead. “We have talked about nothing but plans for war in last two days yet you are doing things differently. What is going on?”

 

“Ara, trust me,” Donghae begged earnestly. “I know what I am doing. You all need-”

 

Donghae stop short as he heard it, the low drumming of several footsteps just a few miles away from the grounds. His sensitive ears could pick on the low growls and whisper talks among the approaching party. Donghae turned to stand straight, giving a discreet look to the one standing behind him as he slipped a soft ‘They are here’. Another wave of alertness went over the werewolves following Donghae, making the Silver Alpha conscious of his responsibilities.

 

“Nobody fights unless I say so,” Donghae said loudly, his voice not only carrying to the army standing behind him but also the enemies approaching from the other side, if a sudden pause and hush silence from the coming horde was of any indication. “We are only here to negotiate. Siwon and Jaejoong, I had rather we chit chat for a bit.”

 

Two painfully silent minutes went pass before two robbed figures came gliding out from the thin forest around war grounds, closely followed by a rather large force of werewolves. One look into those vicious cold eyes and Donghae knew Siwon was not in mood for any negotiations, yet the other party moved with measured steps before coming to a halt on a safe distance from them.

 

“Donghae,” Siwon greeted in a cold manner, the disgust evident on his face. “I am here to take what rightfully belongs to me and my family… ‘chit chat’ is not part of my plan, though.”

 

“And what might that be?” Donghae inclined his head like he was honestly curious to know the answer.

 

“The throne of Wolvotaria had been owned by Noble Family since the very beginning-” Siwon started rather aggressively, his hands.

 

“Funny you would say that while I remember reading something about the Four Moons choosing the royal family, Siwon,” Donghae cut off the tall male smoothly, glancing at the brightening sky which showed the outline of four small globes hung in air on each north, south, west and east direction. “The throne doesn’t run in a family Siwon but being arrogant and close minded might be a thing with Nobles, huh?”

 

“Marking a Zeta against its wish is a cowardice move, Donghae,” Siwon scoffed, reminding the Silver Alpha how his grandfather had indeed snatched the throne from Nobles, in last century, in the similar manner.

 

“Then why were you searching high and low for the Zeta, Siwon?” Donghae mocked back, smirking slightly at the flush rising in the tall Alpha’s cheeks. “Haven’t you been telling me how you would find the Zeta, mark him, become better than anyone else and over throw me from my title, for last eight years- continuously, might I add?”

 

Once Siwon was render speechless, especially due to the fact that a rumble of hush whispers had vibrated through the followers Siwon keep as his loyal slaves. One dark glare from the youngest Noble had everyone zipping up but that small pause gave Donghae opportunity to turn toward the mildly smiling Jaejoong.

 

“We meet again, Kim Jaejoong,” Donghae said softly yet his eyes expressed the kind of loathe he held for the man.

 

“Have we met?” Jaejoong questioned pretending to be shocked at being directly addressed by the Prince. “But I do see you have met several of my Guardians.”

 

“Yes, I have been hosting some really interesting guests lately,” Donghae gestured toward his right where Ara, Jaehyun, Myungsoo and Sehun stood, glaring at their leader. “Confounded to believe that I am some sort of vicious werewolf out for Zeta’s blood… when I clearly remember you, Kim Jaejoong, attacking a mere sixteen year old boy even before he came of age, who coincidentally happened to be a Zeta… shocking right?”

 

Jaejoong snorted loudly, turning toward Ara before saying, “You do not actually buy his , do you, Ara?”

 

“Weirdly enough, his is better than yours Jae,” Ara snapped angrily, then moving her head she noticed the confused looks supported by other Guardian members that stood behind Jaejoong. She tried catching Kyuhyun’s eyes but for some weird reason the Kappa stood staring into nothingness.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter