Say yes to the day

Hold me tight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yoongi was nervous.

 

…. Scratch that,

Yoongi was pissing himself.

He was literally sweating buckets, risking ruining the fancy artwork the makeup noona had made of his face. He felt breathless. Like his lungs were being compressed forcefully by some sort of invisible force, he had placed his hand on his chest trying to slowly calm down the loud thumping of his heart, echoing through his whole ribcage.

 

Yoongi had been fine all morning,

He had been composed when all the stylists had rushed around trying to get everyone suited up, he had been fine when they had told him that his cake had been changed from a double layer of salted caramel to a triple chocolate fudge, he had been fine when his brother had randomly blurted out that he had a boyfriend and that they were both gonna attend the ceremony and mind you, never before Yoongi had known of his brother’s ual orientation. Damn he had also been fine with an overly clingy Seokjin who had refused to let go of him for two hours straight.

But now,

few minutes before he had to make his way down the aisle, he was falling into a full blown panic mode. Realization downing on him that he was ACTUALLY getting married.

 

‘Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my go~

 

“-Yoongi darling you in here?” he heard the calming voice of his mother calling out to him after she let out a soft knock.

Yoongi ran, he ran towards the door to his changing room pulling his mother inside before enveloping her into a bear hug, one which he was used to since he was young, when upset or in distress. He buried his face on the crook of her neck seeking comfort, he had long due overgrown his mother’s little stature but he still felt small and secure in his mother’s arms.

His mother chuckled catching onto her son’s mental battle. Yoongi had always been sensitive but he liked to act all tough.

“-Sweetie, tell me what’s wrong” she said in her sweetest tone.

Yoongi who actually had conscience and didn’t want to ruin his mother’s beautiful peach dress with his sweaty foundation had slowly detached himself from her, before gazing at her with worried eyes.

“- I…I’m… I’m scared. I’m scared eomma, really, really scared”

His mother hummed in apprehension before softly shifting a few rebellious blonde locks out of his eyes.

“-And why exactly are you scared Yoons ?” she asked him using his childhood nickname.

“- I …I don’t, really know?” he replied.

His eyes truly showed an innocent confusion.

His mother couldn’t help but let out a soft smile at her silly boy

“- Isn’t this your special day?” she asked quietly

Yoongi nodded hesitantly

“- Isn’t Jimin the person you’ve decided to spend the rest of your life with?”

Yoongi nodded again, this time more confidently.

“-Do you not...love him?” she asked carefully

“-I do love him; I really do” he replied in a beat without a hint of hesitation in his voice

“-then that’s all you need “she said before closing down the buttons of his collar which had come undone by his hands during his little, mini mental breakdown.

“-What?” he asked surprised

His mother sighed before lightly hitting her son on the head.

“-Yah! Min Yoongi I thought you were smarter than this? We both know the kid adores you. his eyes literally turn into two hearts every time he sees you. It’s quite disgusting you know?” she said sarcastically

Yoongi let out a fake scoff, feigning being annoyed

“-Don’t worry too much son, just enjoy your moment” She told him reassuringly.

Yes, both her and Yoongi weren’t the best at the whole sentimental talk, but they knew how to convey their feelings to each other and that was all that matter, even though their little talk could have seemed minimalistic and maybe a little cold to others ;Yoongi felt better after being consoled by his mother, he knew she cared strongly about him and that she could never lie to him. He trusted what she had said and most importantly, he trusted Jimin.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter