Big Boss

More Than Just 사랑
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I want......nothing, from you." 

A moment of silence engulf them as Jungkook allow those words to process through his mind, his face contorting into one of confusion. "H-huh?"

"You heard me. I want absolutely nothing from you. Just know that." She nodded to confirm her statement once again.

"Then what was the point of the---?"

"I don't need to ask for anything from you." She cut him off.  "What I want is not something you ask for it's something I will earn. I can tell you're a man of your words. So I want you to know that even when I had the chance to get anything from you I didn't, because I don't need to." She shrugged simply. "When the time is right, you yourself will give me anything you want to give me willingly, without needing me to ask for anything. That's when I truly win." 

Stunned, stoned and stilled remained Jungkook as his eyes search within the other pair of eyes before him as if trying to solve a mysterious puzzle. "You're....really............something" He managed to bring himself to say, a small unknowing smile creeping onto his face. 

"I'll take that as a compliment." Jieun concealed her startled state with an overly confident smile. Cause who wouldn't be startled, THE Golden Agent just smiled. And not just at anyone, but at HER. Nevertheless, this was a good sign for Jieun. Things were changing slowly according to her plan....or is it?

 

....................

 

2 days into the mission and still nothing. The victim has not taken a step out of his hotel or left his room. All the relevant Agents has been gathered up in a room for the 2 days, prepared and ready to go with a 24/7 system connected to J-Hope who has been keeping an eye on the victim. Tick tock tick tock goes the clock and still nothing. 

Until...deul set! deul set! Majority of the Agents sprung up to the sound of the notification alert.

Agent J-Hope: All his bodyguards have left with the vehicle they came in, only 1 remain.

"That's odd, why would he tell all his bodyguards to leave but keep 1?" Seowol was the first to comment.

"Rap Mon check the hotel system. If the guards took the vehicle, the victim might be using the hotel's transport." Commanded Taehyung.

"A car has been booked for Room 250 tomorrow at 1pm. Seems like he is heading to a Jjimjilbang." Reported Rap Monster.

"My team will surround the area and Golden Agent team will go in to capture the target, keeping everything as low as possible." Taehyung immediately ordered.

"We'll do what Agent V said, everyone be prepared." Jungkook ordered.

"I disgree." Jieun blurted out gaining everyone's attention.

"Excuse me?" Jungkook was taken aback.

"Agent Lienna you can't--"

"Let her talk, everyone has freedom of speech." Jimin cut of Seowol mid sentence. "Beauty please explain." He grinned ever so happily.

Seowol scoffed. "Tuh, what a bias little ." She mumbled under her breathe.

"According to Agent J-Hope's report, he will only have one bodyguard with him. Don't you think 4 to 5 people entering a sauna would attract too much attention?" Jieun began to explain. "Attention isn't the main problem but scaring the victim away is the problem. I'm sure their always on alert already, so would it be safe to attract this much attention? We are only facing one bodyguard here."

"But this is a highly skilled and qualified bodyguard with years of training and experience we are talking about." Argued Taehyung.

"And every K.I.U Agent is a highly skilled and qualified agent with years of training and expereience, are we not?" Jieun shot back, leaving the room speechless.

"I don't think it's safe to risk it. What if he escapes? What do you think?" Taehyung looked over towards his friend.

"I think....Agent Lienna has a point." The voice of her Leader cracked through the dense silence. 

"I second that." Agreed Jimin.

"Change of plans then, Agent V and me will enter the sauna and we'll have Agent Seowol and Agent Jimin in the van ready for backup." Jungkook announced.

"I disagree." You guessed it right, the Jieun interrupted once again.

"Again?" Jimin exclaimed. 

"I don't think two male Agent's should be entering the sauna. I think Agent should enter the sauna with Agent Seowol." Jieun nodded.

"But she's a girl?--" Interrupted Jimin. 

"Hey that's ist!" Seowol threw a scrunched paper ball at him.

"Exactly!" Jieun exclaimed agreeingly. "In a world like this the cold hard truth is girls are portrayed to be less harmful and less likely to be an undercover agent. The victim would be less suspicious and less alert towards the opposite gender. True?" Jieun raised a brow.

"Alright I've decided, I'll enter the sauna with Agent Lienna and Agent V with Agent Seowol will be backup."  Jungkook decided for a second time.

"Why Agent Lienna and not Seowol, Seowol is more experienced." Questioned Taehyung.

"I have my reasons, just trust me." Reassured Jungkook as he fiddled with his pen. 

Jimin laughed. "It's because she smashed you in training isn't it?" 

"She beat your in training?" Wide eye Taehyung repeated before breaking into a fit of laughter.

An automatic frown appeared on Jungkook's face as he quickly close the lid of his pen and gathered his papers. "We'll conclude it at that then. I'm guessing no one else has any disagreement?" All eyes went specifically towards the direction of one figure. "Everyone be prepared for tomorrow." And like that, he was out of the room before you can say jerk. 

 

"Have you....always been taking orders from the Golden Agent?" Eunbyeol began warily as she follow her Leader back to their wing of HQ.

"What do you mean taking orders, we work together, we both contribute and do whatever is best in order for a successful mission. It's not an order, it's whatevers best." He shrugged carelessly. 

"Is it? But ever since I started here it seems like whatever he says goes. I thought he was the top Agent here." She continued, soothing out her tone into a more natural and sincere tone.

"Whatever you're trying or thinking of doing just forget it, girls like you can't come in between us. Brother, you wouldn't understand that word. Now keep that mouth of yours shut or I'll find a way to shut it." He smirked. 

"But your brother, just listened to a new recruit over you." She specifically emphasised on that word all the while eyeing the latter sharply. "I'm only saying this because I'm worried about you since you're my Leader, but if you insist it's all good then I'll have nothing to worry about." Eunbyeol offered an overly friendly smile then continued pass the male. 

 

....................

1PM. At exactly 1PM, Jungkook, Jieun, Taehyung and Seowol arrived at their target destination. Also at exactly 1PM, Agent J-Hope reported that their target has left the hotel. As planned, Seowol and Taehyung remained in the van in case there is a need for backup while the other two enter the sauna. They were early but better than late. 

"Why did you choose me and not Seowol? Is it really because I beat your ?" Jieun asked out of curiosity.

"Have I ever told you, you ask too much." Jungkook deadpanned as they enter the sauna. 

"No? Maybe? Probably? Do you think I care?" She shrugged. "Well have I ever told you, you never answer questions directly." She pointed out.

"You don't just ask too much, but you talk to much as well." He puffed out frustrated. "You remember what his guard looks like right?" 

"Yes so keep your phone on you and don't do anything that will make it obvious. I'll go to the right and you head to the left. Notify me immediately when you find him and don't do anything without my permission." She said in a sing sang kind of way only to earn a flick to her forehead. She gasped over dramatically. "How dare you?"

"Yah who do you think you are, I'm the one giving orders not you, but that's good you know what to do so move along." He waved her off before turning around in the opposite direction. An unknowing and hidden smile plastered on his face as he begins his mission.

"Tuh jerk." She spat quietly. "Wait!" She called out before her Leader could go anywhere.

"What now?" The male frowned annoyed as he turn around to look at her.

"I think you forgot these." She dangled two white mask in the air before her. Without a word, Jungkook took a mask from her possession and went his way. He didn't want to admit it but he was low key impressed she remembered the mask but couldn't believe he forgot it! "Tuh, rude. What's new." Turning to the right Jieun huffed. With a bit of time to spare, Jieun wandered around the jjimjilbang. She's never been to a jjimjilbang back in the States, it would have been good to come with her Mum. 

*Bzzzz bzzzzzz* Message from Agent Rap Monster : Target has entered. Both Jungkook and Jieun received the alert simultaneously. "Mission time." Left right, high low there were many people of all ages in the sauna but none of them were the target. Every minute that pass increased the chance of mission failure. They didn't know why he was there or how long he'll be there for so they both needed to hurry. Time was their enemy. 

"If they just entered, where could they be." Jungkook mumbled on one end.

*Bzzzz bzzzzzz* Message from Agent Rap Monster : Target is not on camera.

"Use your brain Jieun, where would he be." Jieun said on the other end. She closed her eyes and concerntrated deeply. "He came to a jjimjilbang with only one guard, no matter how secretive he's kept it he definitely wouldn't risk it..." Her eyes shoot open and scan around the open room with many people eating, playing, talking, sleeping and relaxing, then towards to corner of the room to where to cameras are. "He wouldn't be in an open area like this, especially not where there are cameras..." Her eyes fixated on a girl who was giving her husband a back massage. "That's it! The private massage rooms." Her feet were faster than her mind as her body was already heading towards the massage rooms before she realised it. 

Jieun's pace slowed down the closer she came to the massage section. She assume her Leader hasn't been here yet because the rooms were on the second floor. After reaching the final set of stairs, Jieun stood behind a wall and stuck an eye down the corridor. Like she had guessed, the target's bodyguard was standing in front of room 8. Despite his attempt to look casual and blend in with everyone else, his stance and body posture just gives it away that he's a bodyguard.

"Bingo." She mumbled. "But damn.." The body guard was much bigger in size compared to Jieun and although her fighting skills were very VERY good, his strength could pose as an obstacle. Looking left and right, she spots a  room with the sign STAFF ONLY across on the other side, but reaching that room meant the guard might look her way. Taking a deep breathe, Jieun skip across towards the room as casually as possible. Luckily for her the alert bodyguard took a quick glance but thought nothing more of it. Entering the room as quietly and quickly as possible Jieun search for anything that could assist her. Just her luck, she finds a few spare uniforms on the rack she could change into. 

"Ahh! Almost forgot the jerk." Second floor room 8. She quickly sent a text to her Leader before leaving the room.

 

With her hands together in front of her politely and her head slightly hung low, Jieun approach room 8 with the body guard. Instantly, the body guard straighten his posture and stood guard.

"Wait. You're not the usual massager." The bodyguard stated as she came to a stop in front of the room, his eyes scrutinizing the female before him so strongly as if he was piercing a hole through her.

"I'm a new comer, I'm here to prepare and get the client ready.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter