Saved

More Than Just 사랑
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The ride back from the crime scene to headquarter didn’t take as long as the ride there. That also meant there wasn’t enough time for Jieun to think of a solution to deal with her hot headed leader. The said leader didn’t leave a minute to spare as soon as they got off the van at the take off zone. “I’m sure you haven’t unpacked yet so leaving won’t be hard. I hope I don’t see you again.” He said with the most blank, uninterested and monotone expression ever. 

“I demand to know why I am being fired?” the determination in Jieun’s eyes remain strong and unfazed.

“Why? Are you being serious right now?” For who knows how many times that day, Jungkooks forehead creased in frustration.

“Do I look like I’m joking right now? Do you think this is a situation to joke about?” She hits him back with a question.

“Well if you haven’t realised your mistake, you disobeyed my order not once but twice and almost thrice if J-Hope didn’t hand cuff you to the van. You entered the building AND you used your weapon.” 

“For your information, if I hadn’t disobeyed your order then your yapping wouldn't be here right now.” She reminded him, furious at his ungratefulness.

“Maybe I wouldn’t have been in that situation if you didn’t disobey my order. I checked your bullets, you only fired once but 2 bullets are missing.” He walked towards her and leaned in closely, reducing his voice to a low whisper “So if I’m not wrong, you’re the one who fired the first shot which caused our targets to scatter and gave them a chance to run away.” He got her there. Jieun opened to say something but nothing came out. Jungkook lips tug up into a small smirk after confirming his assumption. Just before the tension of the situation could get any worse came— 

“WHERE ART THOU THE GOLDEN AGENT?” A dramatic voice hollered through the room as the sound arrive way before the actual owner of the voice.

“You’re always looking for him!” Exclaimed Taehyung from the other end of the place knowing well who that voice belonged too. 

“Hyung, I’m in the middle of something important.” Jungkook sighed as Jimin approached him, hooking his arm over the male’s shoulders with his usual bright smile that could light up even the darkest soul. 

“Eyyyyy what can be more important than m—“ Jimin briefly froze as he gives the girl before him a full scan from head to toe. The said male’s mouth subconsciously forming into an O as he stare at her in awe. Without averting his gaze from her, he leaned closer to Jungkook and whispered not so quietly. “I see now, this beauty is definitely worth more importance.” Jungkook simply face palm.

“Err it’s rude to stare you know that and I can hear you.” Jieun who has been standing there uncomfortably stated. 

“She has quite an attitude. I like that!” His grinned. But then like a kid putting together a piece of puzzle, Jimin looked at Jungkook then Jieun then Jungkook again. “Wait….he said you’re something important…..” Jimin’s finger went from Jungkook to Jieun. Then he gasped dramatically and gave Jungkook a look of betrayal. “Since when did you get a girl without telling me?!!” Jimin gave his mate a light push to his shoulder, not realising the tension between the two earlier.

Jungkook face palmed once again while Jieun simply looked at her leader with a face of disgust. “Maybe because he can't get one.”

Jungkook returned to his blank face. “Hurry up and leave, you no longer have any business here.”

“WOAH WOAH WOAH hold your horses. Where are you sending this beauty? I only just met her.” Jimin was clearly discontented by the sound of his voice towards the end of his sentence. So Jungkook explained the events that had occurred to the lost boy.

“So she disobeyed your order?” Jungkook nodded as Jieun anxiously bit on her lower lip. “BUT she saved you?” Jungkook nodded again, not sure where his hyung was trying to get at. “AND the mission was still a success?” Jimin raised his eyebrows.

Jungkook was silent for a second. “We did obtain the goods and prevent it from being exchanged but—“ 

“AH HA! SEE! IT WAS A SUCCESS!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter