Promise

More Than Just 사랑
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What are you doing here?!" They exclaimed in sync.

"I'm the new Doc here." He grinned proudly, flashing his best eyesmile. 

"Dog?" She frowned.

“No, Doc for Doctor.” He corrected still smiling.

“Dog.” Seowol firmly nod her head this time around.

“Doc.”

“Dog.”

"Doc."

"Dog."

The new guy jut down on his lower lip as he scratches his head. “You can address me as Jin.” His unwavering smile plastered on his face. “What can I do for you today Ms…?”

“Seowol.” The said female left her spot beside the door and walked over to the clinics bed. “I need Dog to put a cast on my wrist.” She declares as she seats herself down.

“It’s Jin, Ms Seowol.” He slightly chuckled. “Alright, but I’ll examine your wrist first.” The latter’s hand is swatted before he can get even an inch closer to his objective.

“I know well my wrist is fractured and all I need is a cast. It will heal with time itself. Be a good Dog and do as I ask. I don’t have time to waste.”

Staring at Seowol amusingly as she speaks, the male soon erupts into a light chuckle. “You're one stubborn patient. Well alright, if you want to play this game then I can too.” The tip of his lips curving upwards and arms folded across his chest. “I can’t do what you ask if you won't let me do what I need to do."

Clunching onto the arm of the chair, Seowol glares at the new guy in annoyance. "Wipe that smile off your face and do as I ask. You're wasting my time, I have other things to do." 

"You're wasting your own time Ms Seowol." 

Blowing out air in attempt to maintain her level of anger, Seowol groans out forcefully. "Fine. Hurry up."

Seokjin's smile break into a grin at his victory as he cautiously examines the latter's wrist. "You're right, it is fractured."

"I know. Told you so. Now please hurry up and cast it. What should have taken only 10 minutes is turning into 30 because of you. You should be a turtle instead." She huffs. The calm Seokjin simply chuckles as he grabs all the equipment required.

“Why must you rush? If you rush, you could be missing out on so many important things. In life, you could miss moments with very special people, opportunities that arises, other better alternatives or choices. And most importantly…” Seokjin secures the cast around her wrist just as he finishes. Still gently holding onto her now casted wrist, he leans in a little closer than he intended, speaking sincerely. “you might miss yourself. The you who is still growing.” Looking directly into her light brown orbs his warm smile radiates.

Frowning hard the girl snatched her wrist out of his grip, earning a good shot of pain as a result. "Ah!" She holds onto her injury. "You're not only a slow Dog, but an annoying one too." Seowol scrambled out of her seat and headed for the door, cursing under her breathe in annoyance. The truth was, she actually found what he was saying correct. And that annoyed her.

"Did you fracture your wrist because of the events from last night?" Seowol stop in her place just as her hand was about to turn down the handle of the door.

Shifting her attention back to the male with a serious gaze, she said in almost a whisper. As if anyone was to hear them. "You would not mention anything from last night to anyone. What you saw, what happened, where or who. Most importantly, me and you have never met until this day. Got it?" 

As expected, Seokjin simply smiled and nodded, slipping his hands into the pocket of his white coat. "Yes Ma'am. Whatever floats your boat." 

Without further ado, Seowol exits the clinic. However, she was only able to take 3 steps before a familiar voice stopped her in her tracks. "One more thing Ms Seowol!" Turning on her heels, there she saw the slow annoying Dog standing at the door.  

"What now?! You've just wasted another 3 minutes of my time." By now, a deep furious frown has formed on her forehead and she stares at the Doctor in white. 

"Please don't forget to come for your check up in exactly a week time." He held up a finger to his lips before she could protest. "If you do not attend, then I can't guarantee you what information might get out."

"Are you blackmailing me you slow annoying Dog?" He shrugs ever so casually. 

"Don't think of it so badly." Seokjin breaks into a laugh after seeing how her fist clenched tightly and teeth gritted firmly while she stalks away. Shaking his head with a smile, he goes back to tidying up the equipment. "Someone needs to teach that girl how to say thank you and not be so impatient." 

The creak of the door, indicated that someone has entered the room. "Did you forget something Ms Seowol?" Seokjin assumed with his back towards the door as he continue to pack the remaining equipments. 

"I should be the one asking. Did you forget to tell me something? Something along the subject of how the heck are you here?" An all so familiar voice asked making Seokjin drop his equipment and turn around immediately. His ears definitely did not deceive him, because standing at the door was the one and only person he has been longing to see. Without a second to spare, the tall guy took long strides towards the figure and embraces the said female ever so tightly. "I missed you so much Noona. Or should I call you Lienna now?" He chuckled.

Shaking her head with her first ever genuine smile since she stepped foot into K.I.U HQ, Jieun returned her Brother's embrace just as warmly. "I knew my ears are 110% accurate when I heard a familiar voice from across the area. How can I forget my baby brother's voice?" She laughed then moved on to tackling the younger guy. "And how can you come here without telling me hmm? When did you learn to keep secrets from me?" She head locked him under her arm. 

"I told Suga Hyung to tell you when he see's you!" His words came out in bits as he laugh and struggle under his sister's hold. Thankfully, the two were not too loud. They knew better and kept their voices rather low.

"Suga that loser." Jieun made a mental note to beat him the next time they meet. "I shouldn't of went lightly on that flick. You're lucky this time." She grinned, releasing her Brother. "Now spill. What are you doing here?" Her face suddenly turns serious.

"I told you know who that I wanted to come undercover as well. Most of the time he was busy with work. I see people come over a lot and they hold meetings in the house, but in a secluded area, for privacy of course. I didn't want to be involved in the meetings anyways and I was so bored everyday. Thankfully once a week or so Suga hyung was there to accompany me. Then I convinced you know who to let me come and help Eunbyeol and you. By the way where's Eunbyeol?" Seokjin narrated honestly. 

"It's better that you stay home and be bored. It'll be hard to get out of this after you come in." She sighed. "I haven't had the chance to see her around." 

"No it won't, we'll be done once we finish this and I know we can." You can definitely count on Seokjin to be positive. "And noo-- I mean Lienna, I've got something important to tell you. Last night, I walked around a bit because I couldn't sleep just thinkin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter