△2△

My Strange Neighbor

As soon as Youngjae entered his room to go back to sleep, he heard Jaebum yodeling again.

"This kid really wants to ing die." Youngjae says to himself as he stares at the wall incredulously. 

"Yodel ayY hEEE HOOOO YODEL LAY YODEL HE YODEL LAY." Jaebum yodels once again. Youngjae almost screams but decides not to.

"Jaebum! Stop It!" Youngjae pounds on the wall to get the male next door to stop.

"Sorry, I have to yodel until 3:30! It is my personal preference!" Jaebum yells back quickly so he can start yodeling again. Youngjae looks down at his phone to check the time.

"3:24. Choi Youngjae, you can do this." Youngjae whispers to himself, hitting his chest for "added" support. He slips in his bed and pulls the comforter around his head to try to drown out the sound. It didn't work. Jaebum's yodeling was too strong.

Finally, after what seemed 20 years, Jaebum stopped yodeling making Youngjae physically relax and he slowly drifted in to sleep.

—-

"How is the neighbor that yodels?" Jinyoung asks, almost spitting out his coffee because of how funny the situation was. Youngjae looks up at him with dark circles under his eyes.

"I finally confronted him about it," Youngjae sighs loudly walking down the street with his best friend, "But he continued to yodel until 3:30." 

Jinyoung laughs loudly but Youngjae didn't find it funny at all.

"Youngjae, I just wanted to tell you. You look like absolute , buddy." Jinyoung pats the younger friend on top of his head. Jinyoung looked at Youngjae head to toe. He was wearing an oversized sweatshirt, sweatpants, and slippers. His brown hair was sticking up every where and his face was sporting very dark circles.

"Shut up. When you get a neighbor that yodels at 3:00 ing AM then you can talk about how bad I look." Youngjae mutters, taking a big gulp of his red bull.

"Is he hot?" Jinyoung suddenly asks, surprising the young male that was mid-sip ultimately making him choke on some of his red bull.

"What?" Youngjae retorts with a incredulous look upon his face. 

Jinyoung smiles wide, "You know what I asked. You have been looking for a boyfriend for a while so I was just think-"

"No. No. No. I am not going to date my very attractive neighbor that yodels. Never going to happen. Nope." Youngjae denies harshly.

"So what you are saying is that you defiantly want to get to know him and hopefully start a relationship with him?" Jinyoung pulls open the door to the library, letting Youngjae go in first. 

"I mean, come on. He yodels. How weird do you have to be?" Youngjae asks hypothetically. Jinyoung picks out a table to which they both set their stuff down and sit across from each other.

"Youngjae. You are desperate. You would probably go out with a cactus if you know, it wouldn't hurt." Jinyoung suddenly says making the younger blush and almost fall out of the chair.

"Hyung, let's study." Youngjae has no words to retaliate so he pulls out a textbook to study. After a few hours of studying with Jinyoung, they decide to call it quits and go home. Jinyoung walks Youngjae to his apartment complex and they bid their good byes.

—-

"And, darling, I will be loving you 'til we're 70

And, baby, my heart could still fall as hard at 23

And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways

Maybe just the touch of a hand

Well, me—I fall in love with you every single day

And I just wanna tell you I am"

Youngjae was taking a nap in his bed until he heard his neighbors beautiful voice. He perks up noticing that one of his favorite songs was being sung by his very talented and attractive neighbor. 

"So, honey, now

Take me into your loving arms

Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars

Place your head on my beating heart

I'm thinking out loud

Maybe we found love right where we are"

Since Jaebum decided not to sing the chorus, Youngjae sings it instead. 

"Wow, Youngjae! You have a voice on you." Youngjae hears through his walls making him blush.

"I didn't want you to hear that." Youngjae replies flustered by the positive comment.

"Maybe," He hears Jaebum laugh slightly, "Maybe one day you can come to one of my yodeling parties. We all yodel there. I fell like your voice would have a very nice yode-"

"Shut up. I will never come to one of your stupid yodeling parties." Youngjae retorts, his face scrunching up in disgust by just imagining him yodeling.

"I know. It was a joke. But maybe one day we could sing a duet together." Jaebum says to the wall, imagining what his very cute neighbor is doing. 

"Yeah, maybe one day." Youngjae replies scrunching his face in disgust at the cuteness. 

"YODEL LAY YODEL HE YODEL LAY." Jaebum starts to yodel, just to annoy his neighbor. 

"aHHHHH! JAEBUM STOP IT RIGHT NOW!" He hears the younger cry out, making him laugh and stop yodeling.

——-

wtf is this