◖18◗

My Strange Neighbor

 

“Hey, quick question,” Youngjae walks into the bathroom while Jaebum was peeing. “How do you put out a fire in the kitchen?”

 

“Jesus ing christ, Youngjae. 1.) I’m literally peeing and 2.) You set the apartment on fire?!” Jaebum fumbles with his pants, trying to hurry before they burn down the entire apartment complex. 

 

“I was making pancakes and I just don’t know. It went ‘poof’,” Youngjae makes an explosion sign with his hand, “and here we are.” Jaebum sighs loudly before swinging the door open and running towards the kitchen, which was indeed on fire.

 

“Mother er.” Jaebum mutters under his breath. He runs to where the sink is and opens the cabinet doors under it. 

 

“Do you need help?” Youngjae peeks into the kitchen.

 

Jaebum looks up, sweat running down his face, “Maybe call the fire department?” Finally his hands find the fire extinguisher. Youngjae nods his head and calmly walks over to the phone. 

 

“Youngjae! Now is not the time to be taking a casual stroll to the phone. Hurry up your pace a little bit.” Jaebum yells as he tries to put out the fire.

 

“Yes sir!” Youngjae breaks out into a full run, almost tripping over a blanket, but finally reaches the phone.

 

 

—-

 

“It is going to take around a week or two to finish the repairs. You will have to stay with someone else.” The fireman says to the two who have sweat rolling down their faces.

 

“Okay.” Youngjae nods with shame and guilt on his face.

 

“You guys should be out of here in 2 hours so we can start the repairs soon, alright?” The fireman sighs in exhaustion and walks out of the scorched apartment. Jaebum turns to look at Youngjae.

 

“Please don’t yell at me, I know I messed up big time.” Youngjae pouts, looking at his fingers.

 

Jaebum sighs loudly, “Where are we going to stay?” 

 

“Jinyoung’s house.” Youngjae looks up to see Jaebum’s reaction. 

 

“What the ??? No???” 

 

“I’ve already called him and told him the situation. He accepted to take us in for the week. Please?” Youngjae grabs Jaebum’s hands while pouting slightly.

 

“Oh my god, I can’t believe you actually called him.” 

 

“He said he was sorry for all that he did! We are just going to be around him for one week. That’s it.” 

 

“One week with satan himself.” 

 

—-

 

“Come in, make yourself at home.” Jinyoung smiles softly at the two males who are standing at his front door. Youngjae smiles softly, walking in and casually plopping on the couch like it was his own home.

 

“I’m gonna kill myself.” Jaebum whispers under his breath when he walks into the very familiar apartment. 

 

“Don’t do that. I don’t know how I would pay for the funeral.” Jinyoung whispers into Jaebum’s ear. Jaebum flinches away, side eyeing Jinyoung.

 

“Jaebum, Jinyoung, I’m going to take a shower!” Youngjae jumps up from the couch and makes his way towards the bathroom. When they hear the door shut, Jaebum turns towards Jinyoung with a glare.

 

“I swear to god Jinyoung, if you try anything with me during this week I wil-“

 

“You will do what? Hurt me? Because then that will hurt Youngjae because he thinks we are friends again.” 

 

“Jinyoung! I just got him to trust me again if you that up, I will you up.” Jinyoung scoffs loudly.

 

—-

 

The three males sit at the dining room table with a very uncomfortable silence looming.  

 

“SO,” Youngjae unintentionally yells causing Jaebum and Jinyoung to jump slightly, “How’s your new school going?” 

 

Jinyoung forces a fake smile, “It’s great. How is school going for you?” 

 

“I quit.” Youngjae answers looking down at his food in shame.

 

Jinyoung perks up, “Why? You were so good at your major.”

 

“I quit because you weren’t there.” Youngjae gulps, clearly uncomfortable. Jinyoung lets out a quiet ‘oh’ while looking over at Jaebum.

 

Jaebum shakes his head slightly as if to say ‘Drop It.’ 

 

“Youngjae, do you want to watch a movie?” Jaebum speaks up. Youngjae gives a small smile. 

 

“No, I’m going to go to bed. You guys can talk.” Youngjae stands up from the table and makes his way to the guest room. 

 

“Way to go, Jinyoung. You insensitive prick.” Jaebum mutters harshly to Jinyoung. 

 

Jinyoung throws his hands up in defense, “I didn’t know! He didn’t tell me.”

 

Jaebum grabs the bridge of his nose.

 

Only 7 more days, you can do this, Jaebum thinks while sighing out loud.

---

thank you guys for reading and commenting it gives me motivation to continue this bad story lol