۵12۵

My Strange Neighbor

3 weeks.

3 whole weeks.

Youngjae has been ignoring Jinyoung for 3 weeks. Every time Youngjae would walk into their classroom he would sit in the very back, avoiding any eye contact with Jinyoung. When Jinyoung would call out his name in the hallway, Youngjae would put in headphones and fast walk out of Jinyoung’s sight. Even when Jinyoung would show up to his apartment, Jaebum would open the door, tell him to “get lost” and slam it right in his face.

 

“Park Jinyoung! I didn’t raise you to be stupid, alright?” Jinyoung’s mom grabs her distraught son by the shoulder, shaking him side to side. “That boy doesn’t love you. Move on. If your confession ruined your friendship, was much of one at all?”

 

Jinyoung swallows harshly trying to hold back tears, “I guess not.”

 

“Move on. If he really loves you, he will come around.”

 

—-

“Babe? You want some food?” Jaebum opens the door to Youngjae’s study room where his face was buried in a text book. Youngjae looks up and gives a beaming smile.

 

“No, you can go home. Will I see you tomorrow?” Youngjae pushes his body over to Jaebum, wrapping his arms around his body. Jaebum kisses the top of Youngjae’s head.

 

“I have to visit my mom. I will see you in the morning, okay?” Jaebum looks into Youngjae’s beautiful eyes. Leaning down slowly their lips meet in a short peck. Youngjae tries to deepen the kiss but Jaebum pulls away, ruffling his hair.

 

“Study for your finals, okay?” Jaebum smiles and turns to leave Youngjae’s room.

 

“Okay.” Youngjae calls out quietly, shutting his bedroom door. He gets to study for 3 minutes then his phone lets out a ‘ding’, making him jump out of his chair in fright.

 

“Holy . I need sleep, wtf.” He mutters under his breath. He grabs his phone off the charger, turning it on to see who texted him.

 

From: Jinyoungie ♡♡

Meet me at our favorite cafes rooftop in 30 minutes.

 

To: Jinyoungie ♡♡

I don’t want to

 

From: Jinyoungie ♡♡

You aren’t going to ignore me forever. Get your over here. I’m not playing.

 

To: Jinyoungie ♡♡ 

fine

 

Youngjae sighs loudly, throwing his phone on his bed. He was avoiding Jinyoung for a reason. When ever he was around him, his heart would swell. He just felt so happy around Jinyoung, but he brushed it off as just loving him as a friend.

 

Until he met Jaebum. When he realized he felt the same feeling towards Jaebum as he did towards Jinyoung, he knew it was something different than just friend love.

 

Youngjae shakes his head in shame and grabs his stuff to meet Jinyoung. It was a 20 minute walk, but that was fine to Youngjae. He climbed to stairs slowly, not wanting to face Jinyoung. When he reaches the rooftop, he sees Jinyoung sitting at their regular table.

 

“Youngjae.” He mumbles seeing the younger male.

 

“Jinyoung.” Youngjae mumbles back, not taking another step forward.

 

Jinyoung rubs his face, “Look, I know I look stupid. I’m your best friend, if you still consider me that, and I have a crush on you. Like am I in middle school?” Jinyoung laughs bitterly.

 

“No, Jinyoung, I-“ Youngjae is interrupted.

 

“No. I’m letting you know, I am going to another college so you won’’t have to avoid me. I hope you have a good time with Jaebum.” Jinyoung walks past Youngjae, stopping slightly before shaking his head, and he continues his way down the stairs. Youngjae lets out a shaky laugh, tears pooling in his eyes.

 

“Jinyoung, I love you.” Youngjae whispers under his breath, running a hand through his hair.

 

—-

this is disgusting bYE