✾15✾

My Strange Neighbor

To: Jinyoung

Meet me at the cafe.

 

From: Jinyoung

Why should I?

 

To: Jinyoung

I’m not ing playing. Meet me in 10 minutes.

 

 

Youngjae angrily throws his phone on the bedside table, grabs his bag, and goes to the front door to exit.

 

Jaebum walks out of the kitchen with an apple in his hand, “Where are you going?” Jaebum takes a bite out of the apple, nodding in approval once he tastes it.

 

“Mind your own business.” Youngjae mutters giving Jaebum a side glance. Jaebum chokes on the apple slice he just bit into.

 

“What did you say?” Jaebum walks towards his boyfriend, shock apparent on his features.

 

Youngjae scoffs, “You heard me. I’m leaving.” He grabs the handle of the door and swings it open.

 

—-

 

Youngjae looks at the scenery from the rooftop of his favorite cafe. He lets out a fake giggle, remembering all of the good times him and Jinyoung had on this exact rooftop.

 

“Youngjae…” He turns around at the sound of his name and is met with the disgusting human being he used to call a friend.

 

“I’m going to say this once, only once, so listen up.” Youngjae taps his ear with an incredulous look upon his face. “Stay away from Jaebum.”

 

Jinyoung lets out a grating sigh, “Why should I?”

 

“Because he is my ing boyfriend?”

 

“So?” Jinyoung looks at the younger male with a smirk on his face. “If he really loved you, would he cheat on you like this?”

 

Youngjae’s jaw hardens in anger, “You set him up. You are such a cunning , you know that right?”

 

“Yeah. I know.” Jinyoung sets down his coffee on one of the nearby tables.

 

“Stay away from him.” Youngjae repeats with a spark on anger flickering in his eyes.

 

“Why should I? Clearly he has chosen me and is only with you out of pity. Have you guys even kissed yet?” Jinyoung bitterly laughs in Youngjae’s face, “Probably not. You are such a prude and you don’t let anyone do anything to you.” 

 

Tears fill Youngjae’s eyes, “Do you wake up next to him every morning? Do you guys have Orange Is The New Black marathons every night? Does he check on you when you study to make sure you are eating properly? Does he make you ramen when you ask him to? Does he cuddle you at night when you just had a nightmare? Do you make him laugh so hard his turns red? No? That’s because you are just a object to him.” 

 

“You stupid little kid. Don’t you understand? He doesn’t love you, he loves me!” Jinyoung yells at Youngjae making him flinch away in fright. “Do you understand? Choi Youngjae, You are so stupid!”

 

“I know! I know I’m so ing dumb for still loving him even though he cheats on me!” Youngjae’s voice cracks as tears spill out of his eyes. ”I know I’m dumb!” 

 

“Then why are you still with him, even when it is clear he’s mine?” Jinyoung steps towards Youngjae with his arms crossed.

 

“Because he loved me first.” Youngjae’s bottom lip quivers as his body shakes with sobs. “Please, just let me have happiness for once in my life. Please, Jinyoung.” Youngjae looks up at Jinyoung’s face.

 

“Nope.” Jinyoung spits out like venom before turning on his heel, leaving the rooftop of the coffee shop.

 

—-

 

Jaebum, let’s talk.” Youngjae quietly says once he enters his dimly lit apartment. Jaebum sits up, brushing chip crumbs off his chest. 

 

“Yeah, what’s up?” Jaebum pats the empty spot next to him, signaling that Youngjae should sit down. Youngjae sits down hesitantly with an empty and distance look on his face. 

 

“I know.” 

 

“You know what?” Jaebum slowly the top of Youngjae’s hand with his thumb.

 

“I know you are cheating on me.” The movements halt on Youngjae’s hand once the 7 words are muttered.

 

“Oh,” Jaebum breathes out shakily.

 

 

“I would understand if you want to keep seeing Jinyoung instead of me. Because I’m a prude.” Youngjae gives a fake, shaky laugh trying to make the mood lighter, but Jaebum doesn’t crack a smile. Instead, he stands up abruptly and walks quickly to the front door, leaving Youngjae all alone.

 

---

i really love it when you guys comment it gives me such a boost to update more!

thank you for commenting and enjoying the story!