(.3)

Bad chemistry | Henber

It is 10:54 pm and class 5A was the usual quiet and hard studying students. Even Henry who is looking out the window and thinking of things is still focusing. On the classroom next door, Class 7D is also the usual. The class copying down notes while having quiet conversations with their peers, and especially now that the bell is about to ring. 

" pst. Amber!" Chanhyuk who's blue hair is now fading called, trying to get the attention of Amber sitting in front of him.

" What?" She whispers turning her head around.

" Last one at the lunch table gets their lunch eaten by the winner." Chanhyuk dares Amber with a smirk on his face.

" Aish! you are such a pig. But fine." Amber smiles back turning to face the front and pack her belongings early. This is done so that as soon as the bell rings they can dash out the door and overcome any obstacles in their way and reach the table before the other does. 

The other students kept writing, unaware of the wild storm that's about to come. Meanwhile Amber's and Chanhyuk's time is decreasing. They stare at the clock gulping and their bodies growing intense because they know each other's abilities. The clock turns 10:59, and both of them are already preparing to stand up. ' I'd better win this race.' Amber thought glaring intensely at Chanhyuk. ' Because I can't go a day without food.' 

Suddenly but expectedly the bell rings and before the other students get the chance to pack or stand up Amber and Chanhyuk stood up from their seats and dashed out. 

"AMBER!!! CHANHYUK!!!" Their Teacher yelled but they were already too deep to get out of this. 

" Are they that hungry?" Luna comments getting up from her own chair. She is a little upset that Amber keeps leaving her for Chanhyuk. Minjun is a little annoyed that they did not tag him on the race. 

The students of 5A already got out of the classroom before 7D when they heard the sounds of running far ahead on the hallways. They turn their heads at the direction of the sound, curious wanting to know who is running and why? 

What they get to see is a blonde girl and a blue haired boy running towards them at high speed and they did not look like they were gonna stop at anytime soon. Even if there is someone in the middle they will not stop at nothing. Henry also noticed the blonde girl and was a bit surprised of how fast and close she was getting. He attempted to grab her by her red hoodie and only succeeded slowing her down from Chanhyuk. 

" What the hell do you think you are doing?" Amber yelled and forcibly released herself from Henry roughly. She did not wish to harm anyone or do anything she shouldn't but the panic of Chanhyuk passing her startles and panics her. Henry again was amazed a girl dared to so disrespect him. 

" Are you okay Henry? Who does she think she is?" A girl in class 5A asks with a high pitch voice. She holds Henry delicately by the arm smiling at him. 

" I'm fine thanks." Henry replied half heartedly and swings the girl's arm off of him before walking off angrily. 

" Why does he have to me so cold to me?" She unconsciously asked herself watching Henry walking off. 

" Because he is pissed." Donghae responds walking up behind her. 

<><><><><><><>

Amber runs and hurries off like no other. Her lungs are burning and feels like they are about to melt and her hearts feels like it's about to explode. She is out of breath and her body is getting sweaty but the only thing she does is attempt to run even faster. 

She panics more when Chanhyuk is no where seen. That means he's too far ahead for her to catch up. " Damn the bastard that grabbed me!" Ambet mutters angrily to herself. She could hardly mutter another word because of all the panting and plus talking only makes her more tired. She swings her fist back and fourth which allows her to boost a bit. ' If I keep up like this my legs will break!' Amber thought when she feels the good burning sensation on her feet and ankles. 

She reaches the cafeteria and run towards her table and halts in the middle of the cafeteria when she sees Chanhyuk sitting comfortably with one leg on top of the table. 

" So you finally made it!" He speaks with a smirk on his face. He looks up at his wrist pretending their was a watch there. " You took like two hours today, what happened?" Chanhyuk asks meanwhile Amber is a panting mess. She kneels down in the floor trying her best to catch her breath. Her body is hot and she desires cold water. The poor girl finally breathes normally but she can't utter a word because of how tired she is. She finds it unfair because if it hadn't been for that boy who grabbed her, she would have probably won but the deal is that she must overcome every obstacles that stands in her way, and that boy is one of them. This rule just makes the challenge more intense. 

" I'll be eating good, good." Chanhyuk hums rubbing his skinny belly. Amber stands up feeling a bit sore and sits on the table next to Chanhyuk to wait for the rest of the class. She remains silent waiting for them until a bunch of kids came out. Some kids from class 5A, other from class 7D, and just other classes. Now they opened up the lunch doors and class 7D stands up to get their lunches. Amber feeling her legs weak wobbles and almost falls as she walks until she bumped into somebody. 

" Sorr-" She mutters and stops her sentence when she sees the boy who grabbed her. 

" Sorry is something you should have said yesterday when you bumped and insulted me." Henry says bitterly. Amber takes a second to think about what he just said and recognizes him. 

" Wait, so because I 'insulted' you, you are gonna make me lose my lunch?" 

" Y-yes... wait no. What are you talking about?" 

" Me and my friend made a challenge that however reaches the lunch table first get's to eat the losers lunch." 

" Oh~ no wonder you were running. But it doesn't matter it's not my problem." Henry shrugs his shoulders. 

" Well it will be your problem now if I stay hungry. Because of you, I lost. and now you have to deal with it because no one told you to grab me and slow me down. So what's it going to be dude?" Amber finishes. She puts both hands on her hips and taps her feet in the ground impatiently. Each tap makes Henry feel pressured. If this was a male, he wouldn't hesitate to resolve his problem through violence. But since it's a girl and his first time getting in an argument with a girl he doesn't know how to deal with it. He finds himself stuck and useless, even very defeated. 

" What's it gonna be?"