(.9)

Bad chemistry | Henber

" Go get meat and some Soju." Amber smiles in victory and I oblige

_Please vote and comment.
<><><><><><><><>•

Amber lets Henry reluctantly stand up from his seat after She told him to get some more things to make this night better. She watches as Henry walks up to one of the tables to get the soju, and then picks up more delicious meat on another plate before sitting back down. Amber stares into the eyes of Henry. Her look is slightly intense, small eyes judging him so hard even Henry can feel It in his seat. He shifts awkwardly to different positions as long as he's sitting straight. Amber takes the bottle into her own hands and pours herself a drink. 

" Aren't you too young to drink that?" Henry comments but she raises her eyebrows and tightens closed. 

" I'm very close to that drinking age." She responds and gulps it all down. stings with freshness and bitter taste, making her eyes water. Henry watched her silently and decided to pour his own cup, besides knowing he can't be caught in public drinking but he thinks...." Forget getting caught drinking, forget responsibilities and image, and let me free." He shoots down the drink, the same sensation Amber felt, stinging his throat and making his eyes water. 


" Henry?" Amber who has been eating speaks up. 

" Yea?" 

" Why did you say I was your fiancé ?" Amber asks the question meant to be asked moments ago but the topic was not brought up. Henry doesn't answer and stuffs his face with rich meat, hoping that he is not forced to answer anything. ' What was I thinking?!' He asks himself as he chews. No matter how bad it went he shouldn't have gotten near Amber at all! That kind of 'creature' brings a lot of trouble and dirt to his image. " Answer the question." Amber commands, even putting her chopsticks down to listen well. There is nothing more interesting than to know the reason for why she's here. " Why did you say i was your fiancé and why did you not want me going back inside?" Amber questions, her voice a bit more commanding than before. Henry tenses up in his seat, he knows he has to say something. Maybe even the truth since it's nothing to hide, right?

" Alright i'll tell you."Henry begins. " It's not that i like you or anything!" He warns Amber before she assumes the wrong thing but she didn't need another reminder that she is no one's type. 

" I know that! And i couldn't care less whether you like me or not, you're not my type either!" Amber attempts to hide that she's slightly offended however it only irritated the boy sitting in front of her. 

" So are you saying that I'm not handsome?" Henry glares trying to intimidate her.

" No you're not. You're an ugly monkey." Amber bluntly says. Henry resists the urge to want to defend himself because that would be petty. Instead the edge of his lip twitches in discontent. 

" You're such a child." Henry leans in his seat and says this as a way to calm down. ' She's nothing but a child that's why she's so immature and irresponsible.' 

" Says the guy who begged me to not enter that restaurant. That's my opinion of childish." 

" How so?" 

" Well,It's not mature to just grab someone suddenly without permission. To be honest I almost flipped you onto the ground and you would have had an injury plus embarrassment meanwhile I will call it self-defence." Amber crosses her arms. " The least you can do is tell me the reason." She goes back to being serious. Henry notices the change of mood and shifts in his seat. 

" Yes, I'm sorry about my earlier behavior. I really did not know back then so i hope you can excuse this." Henry lowers his head to form a small bow. 

" Aye! It's aight man!" Amber smiles widely again and taps him a bit roughly on his back. " So tell me, I'm all ears." She pours another shot and gulps it all down. " Aish! So bitter!" She comments. 

" Okay so, My mother wants me to marry this girl...The one you saw at the restaurant..." 

" Ohhhh yes! She's so pretty, young and rich looking. You must be happy!" Amber eyes a dumpling hungrily and eats it slowly. 

" No...no.you have no idea.." Henry shakes his head. His shoulder hangs and his frown is even more evident. 

" Well why not!? You think she's not good enough?!" Amber furrows her eyebrow in frustration. She thinks about Henry's arrogant personality and became discontent of him believing he's superior.

"No that's not it. I said my mother is making or rather said, forcing me to marry her because of status. I don't want to marry her because I don't love her. She's just a stranger and I was really looking forward to marrying someone I care and love. To be happy with her, live somewhere nice and happy, maybe have children to keep our home lively and noisy." Henry admits, his own hopes subsiding as he tells Amber his story. The girl smiles sweetly and in content hearing the older boy say that. She witnessed that she is wrong about the boy and that he's a person too with dreams. Henry picks up the chopsticks and begins chewing on the salad out of habit. ' Aigo, Why did I have to go telling her my stuff?' He says to himself, regretting. He opened up too quick and even he doesn't know why. Maybe he needed someone to vent and rant on, but Why Amber? 

" Wow Henry...Never figured you the type. Here drink" She pours him another shot and hands it to him. " I understand that a lot, and I'm glad you see it in that way but If you really don't want to marry her just tell your mom!" She slurs, her right cheek containing a piece of dumpling that she's chewing on. 

" I already told her! And she's still forcing me." 

" What's the matter with her!? You're....How old are you?" 

" 18."

" You're 18 years old, you can do what you wanna do now. She shouldn't be forcing you.." 

" Yeah I guess." 

" Guess? No...You can!" 

" Yeah. I can. Anyway it's not that simple. My mother is..." Henry tries to find a word and stares into Amber's eyes. " You know what? Forger it. It's not like you understand." 

" Alright fine! At least I know the reason why I'm here...Oh wait..I don't." She glares making sure to make it irresistibly intense for Henry. The older sighs and rolls his eyes before drinking water this time since he did not want to drive drunk. 

" I called you my fiancé because I wanted that girl to back off!" He confesses, his lips pursing in the end. Amber dilates her eyes a little, putting that, 'I-feel-sorry-for-you-man' face but Henry didn't need her pity. It only infuriates him just a little of the unfairness. 

" Can you drive!?" He asks her and she nods. After that he drinks from the bottle of Soju. 
Amber's eyes dilate at how Henry is filling himself in that drink! He's losing himself, wanting to forget. He gulps down everything leaving only a little. 

" Wow dude...That's hardcore!" Amber widens in awe and begins laughing before joining him with her own shot. But it is Henry who drank the bottle so she isn't as tipsy as he is. 

•<><><><><><><><><>•

Moments later half the people left with stomach beautifully full with food. However Henry and Amber are still at their own little corner busily laughing out of nothing. 

" I Have a friend of mine who talks and talks AND TALKS about clothes all day!!! D-Do agh! Do you guys do that!!" Amber yells like if she couldn't hear meanwhile chuckling. Her eyes are red from tiredness.

" No...Not us males but the females yeah..." Henry's face looks high and red. His body is weak, his head is spinning and his view was all one blurry color. 

" Aish..." Amber slurs and leans her head to the window. She closes her eyes for a moment, sore from screaming and talking too loud and the stinging from those four bottles. Henry chuckles lowly and raises a small glass in the air. " Life is so amazing!!!" He cheers and collapses on the table before even getting to drink that one last shot. 

•<><><><><><><><><><>•

You may punish this author nim~ *Grins* The votes is over, this book didn't win however I may or may not go back to updating normally.