(.12)

Bad chemistry | Henber

Another ring is heard, Amber once again puckering her ears. Henry looks at the caller ID, it was his mom again. He stares intensely at the green accept button and then the red decline button. It is here when he knew that he had to choose...Will he listen to Amber? Or will he keep continuing to be his mother's robot?
_Please vote and comment.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

3rd povXx<><><>
He grips and holds his phone tightly, staring intensely at the caller ID with his mother's smiley and elegant face as the set picture. He quickly glance at Amber who is stiff frozen. He knows it's his time to choose. Want and desire wishes to obey Amber and be swallowed with her advice but fear of the consequence holds him back and his time is running out, in a few more rings the phone will be completely silent which determines his decision made up. He has no time! In the end without really thinking he answers the phone without replying as he looks at Amber with now her head and shoulders hanging down slightly making it obvious he had disappointed her but nonetheless the girl picks up her brush and continues on with her drawing. Henry's ears are deaf for he had not been listening to a single word his mother was ranting about...at last he is finally thinking. What he wants, what prevents him, and how to fix this so that he can be free. It is clear he wants to listen to Amber. She represents the sign of rebellion and freedom. How so? The ladies at the school are way more elegant and appropriate than her. Being told to wear skirts, wear make up to look pretty, be soft and fragile for your man, clean and do house work, be clean and do not play sports. If as a woman you break this you get judged and labeled negatively, but look at her here! Alive and proud without a care. Her friends don't bully her for who she is they love her meanwhile Henry's friends would probably betray him faster than expected and that's what he fears if he were to let go. 

" Hello!? Henry!? Are you there? Answer your mom." The lady on the phone complains by the time Henry has thought most of it down. He knows what he wanted, he had been yearning for too long. 

" Mom." He finally answers gripping the phone tightly in his hand. " I don't want to marry Krystal! She's not the woman I love. I don't care about her status nor money. Besides I already have a fiancé! H-her name is Liu Amber!" Henry out of nervousness and now stuttering words ended the call, making sure to turn it off so that it won't ring again. He tosses it on the bed. His heart is beating this time from excitement! The thrill rushing inside him as he for once breaks the rules given to him. His start, his run, his beginning to rebellion. This is his time to shin-

" What the actual ?!" Amber snaps Henry away from his glorious thoughts. At first he stares confused at the blonde until he realized the issue and situation. 

" Holy what have I done?" Henry mutters to himself. 

" That's what I wanna know!" Amber aggressively stands up from the chair as if she would launch herself at Henry. " Why in the world did you say I again? That I'm your fiancé?!" As intimidating as Amber might seem Henry thought for a second to himself calm and casually before smirking up at her. 

" I know exactly what I'm doing. Amber I need your help!" Henry stands up from the bed and holds onto the blonde's hand somewhat tightly. " Please be my fake fiancé! Please help me escape from my mother I beg of you." 

" Huh!? Why the hell should I? You're a man do it yourself." Amber attempts taking her hand back but Henry's grip is as strong as his new and lively determination. 

" Please. Amber you're the one who made me realize these things, at the all you can eat buffet. It felt good telling you that stuff about me and my mother despite hardly knowing you and you answered back! You gave me advise and opened up my mind. My heart.." Henry releases one of her hands and places his closed fist to his heart." My heart yearned for it, it burned to be free. Today you stood up to me and told me in my face what I needed to hear, I rely on you know." If Henry from the past would have seen this scene he would have choked in shock and stared in disapproval compared to the now new Henry standing before her. No doubt Amber does feel shocked and touched to hear Henry say this, just like the time of the buffet she felt sorry for him and helped. But to actually continue and help by pretending to be his fiancé, what good would that even do? 

" W-well.." Amber who once more was about to decline stares into Henry's orbs, and thinks about it once more. " What exactly were I to do by pretending to be your fiancé?" Amber raises her eyebrows. 

" It's a sign of rebellion. You remind of it." 

"What? Me? I'm rebelling against what?"

" Against what society expects of women." Henry answers and it took Amber a moment to understand what he was speaking about. 

"No no no, listen here. I'm just being myself cause that's the way I was born okay? Gender shouldn't have to do with the things that you like." 

" Society seems to think so." 

" society then!" 

" Wow! Look at that language! You shouldn't speak that way cause you're a girl! Be proper and elegant." 

" I don't give a monkey's !" Amber now furrows her eyebrows in slight irritation. 

" See!? You don't care! Teach me how to be like this Amber. " 

" You sound crazy dude!" 

" It is crazy! This that I'm doing right now is considered nuts in my family. " 

" Your whole family is nuts!" 

" yes! Hahahahaha" Henry laughs from happiness as if he were actually a bit not right in the head. He holds Amber gently by the shoulders. " Please?" His laugher ceases and now the two remain staring at each other in the eye. It is Amber's turn to make a decision. 

" You're lucky I'm kind. I'll help you out. All you have to do is lead me to what you want me to do. I think it's time for you to show a good example to other people in your situation." Amber replies but just as Henry was about to jump in joy the door clicks and the two hastily separate from each other by the time that Amber's mom enters the room holding the key. She stares at the two suspiciously and cautiously before speaking. " Dinner is ready you two....I ordered Chinese today. Yummy boneless ribs!" Amber nods her head. 

" Mom Henry doesn't eat mea-" 

" Thank you mrs.Liu." Henry cuts Amber off and walks out with the lady who helps him sit down on the table. Amber watches as how Henry enjoys his second date with meat. Another sign of rebellion against his mother, eating non-healthy meat. 

" Oh~ look at him eat so well." Mrs.Liu praises but only Amber is quiet. Time passes between the two, Amber writing on her book and Henry tapping his phone away. He was doing something all night that didn't involve playing regularly on his game. He glances at Amber feeling a bit sorry for her but nonetheless he sends the last message to his friend Donghae. News of his new fiancé. 

Amber is right. It's time to show everyone a good example to be yourself. 

" Henry it's time for bed. How are you having it?" Amber yawns and stretches her arms. In Henry's mind he knew he was taught manners to leave a lady alone in her privacy when sleeping, it seems inappropriate if they sleep together...

" I'll sleep on the couch." Henry responded. Amber stands up and opens the door for him to leave, comes back with a pillow and blankets for him to lay on. Never has Henry had to sleep on the couch of a living and it was different. It felt warm. 

<><><><><><><><><><><><>• 

Amber pov<><><><>

By the time that I escaped my house with a half burned toast hanging from my lips meanwhile dealing with prince Henry in the morning, I was already on my way to school. Today I wear the school's blazer with the skirt and some baggy sports pants under it. Yes I know it seemed ridiculous to others but I can't stands showing my legs around. Stepping in front of the gate and inside the school I run up to my classroom preparing for any of Mijun's or chanhyuk's early morning prank but surprisingly I did sense any. Bummed I walk into the classroom . " Morning!" I greet and everyone halts their whispering to stare at me. 

" Amber!" Luna catches my attention. I knew I had  to apologize for last night. " Is it true!? The rumors!?" She asks me with widened eyes. 

" Sorry?" 

" This." Luna shows me the screen on her phone showing me an article headlined, HENRY'S FIANCÉ AMBER.

•<><><><><><><><><><><><><>•
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Hewo~