(.11)

Bad chemistry | Henber

The mother steps further inside the room and takes my hand before pulling me away. I look back at Amber who follows after me.
_Please vote and comment.
•<><><><><><><><><><><><><>•

" What is your name? "
" H-Henry.."
" Okay henry, who are your parents? What do they do for a living? Who are you to Amber? How did you meet Amber? Are you single?" 

" Okay mom that's enough!" Amber stands up, slapping the table to grab her mother's attention. Her eyebrows is furrowed from having to be irritated from her own mother, just when she had thought she was going to ask Henry with actual important questions. Instead she's interrogating the poor boy, asking too many personal questions." He doesn't have to answer none of this...Henry is my friend and he's staying over for the night. Don't worry he won't bother you." Hastily she grabs his wrist and helps him stand up but just when she was about to drag him away, Amber's sister prevents her. 

" Where is he going to sleep? Your room?" The little girls smirks evilly since she just made a her mom realize a good point. Amber stays quiet for a moment not knowing the answer to the question however she pinches the little girl's cheek hard before stomping away to her room again. Once inside, Amber made sure to lock the door this time and with a sigh she plopped on her swivel chair, leaving Henry to just stand there. Confusion is written on his face as he awkwardly stands there. Her mom begins knocking on her door . 

" Amber!" She called making the mentioned girl, roll her eyes. She becomes even more embarrassed that Henry had to see her like this making her feel like a little girl so she stepped out of the room and soon enough the knocking stops as the two converse together. 

Henry took his time to look around the room once again. Steps forward to look at Amber's new painting which in his opinion looks pretty good. The more he examines objects  on her desk the more he brought out her personality. ' Messy.' He thought inside his head referring to the few drops of paint on her desk. " She could have at least put an unused rag or towel on top of it...but now she has her desktop all nasty looking. It will be hard to clean it up." Henry comments. Next he saw a pack on bandages inside a little box. ' Probably a girl who worries about safety....or maybe she just gets hurt a lot.' Henry thought again, shaking his head before narrowing his eyes to a basketball just laying there loosely besides Amber's bed. " A basketball inside a girl's room...!? And by the looks of it...It's dirty too. My lord, What kind of girl is this!? If you can even call her one." 

The door flies open and Amber arrives back inside the room, plopping onto her swivel chair once more with a loud unfeminine groan. It disturbed and startled Henry, just a little bit when he saw her stretch both her arms and legs, freely just swinging them in the air as she yawned loudly too without a care that a well-mannered male is watching her right now. Henry imagined Amber as his wife and almost snorts at the image of his mother murdering her. Such members from the Lau family would never give Amber a second glance as an opinion for marriage. She'd get destroyed by how mean the girls are, but Amber is a savage female...she might rip their heads off before the ladies could actually do anything. 

Henry comes back to earth shortly to notice that Amber is on the table back to painting. He admires how well she moves, how focused she is, and how pretty the picture of that flower basket was coming out but Henry knew she was no match compared to his talent of drawing. " So....You like to draw?" Henry awkwardly sits on the edge of her bed trying to create a conversation. Amber only glances at him before going back to her book pretty much forcing Henry to assume that he is completely un-important. The boy almost rolls his eyes but despite that, he tries once more.  " it's pretty." He bluntly says and curses when realizing that he will probably get ignored again. However this time Amber turns her chair to stare at him.

" Thanks." She quietly utters before going back to drawing. The boy smiles to himself and plays with his fingers when his phone vibrates. He felt it on his back pocket so he picks it up and almost drops dead when he saw his mother as the screen. If he didn't answer he'd be in big trouble, and if he does....he'd still will be in big trouble. He looks at Amber like if she could decide what's best for him but she was simply too busy brushing this light pink color as the shadow of the vase. 

Henry answers the phone." Hello mother." He said and Amber halts her , lifts her head and puckers her ears as much as she can to get a close listen. She didn't expect to hear the person on the other line but became corrected when the loud shrieking voice of an old woman is heard yelling at her own son. Just as Amber thought, one pissed odd, controlling, bored old lady who has nothing else to do but to with the life of her son Henry. Amber listens to his mother's complains. 

" Henry! Why did Krystal come back to me saying that you already have a fiancé! What's the meaning of this?! I want answers right now! Where are you? You have no idea the embarras-" Amber had enough, stood up from her chair swiftly and ended the call between Henry in his mother. There was a little moment of silence, Amber's hand still on the phone meanwhile Henry is processing what just happened. 

" D-did you just hang up on my mother!?" He dilates his eyes full of shock and realization when the phone begin ringing again but before Henry could answer and apologize Amber swipes his phone away and ends the call once more. " Amber! What are you doing? Give me back my phone!" Henry growls, already throwing himself to get his phone but Amber is swift and petite. So she hastily moved the phone away, and karate chops Henry's forehead causing the boy to fall backwards onto the bed. Amber then starts pointing and laughing at him. 

" Oh my god! I can't believe that move worked!" She teased some more before finally ceasing her laughter. " Listen...Henry. I know it's none of my business to get in between you and your mom. However I'd like to advise you just this once! And you either take it or leave it, I don't really care. You'll choose what's best for you." 

Henry calms down and sits straight at the edge of her bed." What is it?" 

" You are free to do whatever you want in your life Henry, and your mom doesn't have the right to force you to marry some girl you don't want. I'm not saying this because I am doing what I want, I am saying this because it's actually correct by law. You are 18 years old. A man already, and your mom shouldn't be behind you cleaning your diapers! And choosing your clothes for you! You need to choose your own clothes! And if you don't like that green shirt, why should you take it?yes I know bad example." Amber says but Henry shakes his head. 

" You do have a point. But I have a responsibility-" 

" To do what?" 

" To not put shame in the Lau name." 

" Okay fine! Let's say that you should follow that "responsibility", but do you really think that choosing your own lover should be the concern of the Lau? Maybe they do think that but it's no right. You can still make your family proud....but not like this. Be successful in what you want, and you won't have to worry about it. However this is just an opinion. You do you boy~" Amber hands him the phone after finishing. She sits down once more and leaves him into some perplexed thinking. It's like he has been realizing new things he has never thought of before....never dared to think about it before. Why does his likes effect the Lau name? Why can't he be himself? 
He asks himself this, also imagining the things that he mostly loves. 

Another ring is heard, Amber once again puckering her ears. Henry looks at the caller ID, it was his mom again. He stares intensely at the green accept button and then the red decline button. It is here when he knew that he had to choose...Will he listen to Amber? Or will he keep continuing to be his mother's robot? 

•<><><><><><><><><><><><><>•
Hello chicken tenders and potatoes! Back back again with another update and this time I will ask a question to see what you guys thinks of this. 

So do you think Henry will takes Amber's advise? Or will he continue being closed minded about who rules his life? 

Also, I'd like to inform that I have thought up another story involving Amber, however I won't publish until this story is completed. 
I will render a rough summary of the new story, but before I do I'd like to ask if I should do Henber again? Or another ship with Amber. Let me know what ship I should do, down by the comments and the most chosen ship will be the one I shall write about. 

And here is the description;

Amber Liu is a girl attending a school full of males and females who believe that "Girls aren't as equal as men." It's like that era back in time when the girls were expected to be the ones who cook, cleans the house, and makes sure to give birth to babies except it's more modern. Amber being a strong woman strongly disagrees but nothing pisses her off more than the fact that she is not allowed to join a sport team because of her gender. 
Amber in order to join the team and prove the leader ( Guy who is shipped with Amber) that he is wrong cross dresses as a male and becomes accepted into the team. Now it is her time to shine and prove all this people, that females are just as equal! But will anybody actually listen?