(.10)

Bad chemistry | Henber

_Please vote and comment.
•<><><><><><><><><><><>•

I am becoming more conscious on my way to waking up. The smell of paint fulfills my nostril forcing me to scrunch up my nose in discontentment and I shuffle in bed. To believe that my room would smell so distasteful seems almost impossible and weird. Why does my room smell like this? To find out I lift my head up, squinting slightly at the sunlight and immediately regretting it as my head pounds harshly and it spins rapidly in circular motions, making me sick to my stomach. " Ugh..." I drop my head back down to the pillow, throwing the blanket over my head to prevent my eyes from scorching any further. Never have I experienced such pain and discomfort, I really hope there's no school today but as a responsible person I must get up and prepare or else mother will be disappointed. 

" Yah wake up." The rough and low voice of what seems like a female disturbs my ears, practically it feels like a bunch of bells are playing right next to my ear at once. 

" Don't yell!!" I shout back to the voice.

" I wasn't even yelling.." The person's voice becomes higher and i slam both my palms to my ear. What kind of maid even dares to respond back to me. " I said stop yelling or I'll fire you!!" 

" I told you I'm not yelling!! and I'll yell whenever the I wanna!!" This time it's even louder, I feel like my ears will bleed and fall off. I shriek a cry of pain, abruptly sitting up on the bed to come face to face with Amber who is standing near the bed with an Ice sack on top of her head. Her outfit is an over-sized hoodie that looks way to big on her petite features, loose sports shorts, and black shades. " Look I get it, You're grumpy and tired, your eyes burn, your head is pounding, and you don't want to give a about anything. I get it, it's happening to me to." Amber moves the Ice pack towards me as a gesture to show me she has it for head pain. 

" What happened to me?..." I ask her, finally looking at our environment. Seems like a small room compared to mine, Behind Amber that must be the bathroom since the door is agape and i can see the sink. The other door must be a closet, clothes are being hanged. Such a small closet. This unfamiliar navy blue room feels so weird...but warm? " Why am I here Amber?" 

" Relax, It's just the alcohol you drank last night-" I hiss not meaning to interrupt. I can't believe what i did last night! I had clear instructions not to drink alcohol it ruins my image and I did it anyway, for what? To feel free for once? And what does that do? My happiness doesn't matter in this life, What matter is me being successful and making my parents expectations a reality. " Anyway, Alcohol makes you this way and you should go home to rest." 

" Home? What time is it? Will we be late for school?" 

" No it's late for that.."

" You're telling me I missed school?!" I choke on my own saliva due to the shock. I'm so good in school that I can skip five days and still be able to catch up however, It's the grade for attendance that's important. If I miss one day my mother will be informed and whatnot. 

" Yes!! It's 6:56 pm, it's about to be 7 and my mother will be coming home from work so I really want you to leave now." She says switching her attention to a canvas laid on her desk. I thought about what she said, I don't need to think about leaving immediately, however if I come home in this state...

" Wait...Amber. I'm sorry for the inconvenience but may I p-Please stay here until tomorrow? I can't go home yet..."

" Tomorrow?! Well why?!" 

" If mom sees me like this I'm dead, And if she kills me i'll make sure you're dead since you encouraged me to drink." I respond my teeth gritted in anger as I now recall a major reason for why I drank Soju in the first place. 

" Um..I got my own problems, why do ya not go to your friend's?" She rolls her eyes taking one of the small paint brush and resuming back to painting. 

" Because one,
that's the place she will think of when looking for me, two my friend will notice my hangover and gossip about it! I'd be the talk! If missing school wasn't enough, I rejected the girl mom wanted me to marry, then I have a hangover, please don't make my position worse Amber." I beg and plead. I'm beginning respect Amber more now, Believe it or not because even though she isn't the person to reach my high level however she is very respectable in the case that she knows how to lead herself. I like how she isn't the sorry one, better yet she's the one you have to say sorry to. I've never brought myself to beg for someone "under" me, that's why I give her my respects. 

" We'll alright." She sighs, stealing a glance at me and back at her portrait of randomness I cannot understand." only tonight." warns and I nod my head vigorously. 

" Only tonight." I assure. We both then stay quiet, both on our own thoughts and concentrations. It's not seven pm so I start to play the games on my phone, when I hear a door open and close loudly followed by a few shuffling sounds. " I'm home!!!!" A destructive voice startles me forcing me to search for some kind of explanation from Amber who chuckles by herself. She gets up from the chair, opens the door letting me see the hallway. " Welcome home mom!!!" She yells back just as devastating since she's more closer to me. Her sound waves rings in an constant annoying high pitch bell in my head. 

" Ugh..."I groan covering my ears and shutting my eyes for the hell of it. When I look up she's in front of me, very close. 

" I want you completely silent. She cannot, I repeat, absolutely cannot know you are here. You don't exist, and never existed in this house. Do you understand Henry?" Amber's lips are pursed together, I can see myself in her shades, her blonde hair lazily hanging on the sides. 

" Yes." I nod my head obediently. She grins at me. So weird it felt having her grin at me...I felt good..But maybe it's just the hangover talking. 


" Amber who am I suppose to know that is not here..?" I hear a voice and my heart literally drops to my stomach as I see the lady standing by the door. Her gaze averted from Amber to me, Making gulp and slowly get up from the bed. 

" A boy!!" Another person, A little girl runs up here and stares at me with a smile. I didn't know what to say at all So I bowed instead. " Amber was having fun while me and mama were gone." The little girl says and Amber widens her eyes as She shakes her head vigorously. 

" Shut the hell up!" She half yells at the little girl, However I did not know what the fuss was about but then the mother steps further inside the room and takes my hand before pulling me away. I look back at Amber who follows after me.