My Answer

Kiss From a Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Looks like Mina’s 'affectionate’ texts didn’t stop last Saturday night.

Sunday was filled with texting with Mina, we talked all sort of things. She told me about her game experience thingy, and I can only sent some pictures of my doodle to her since I didn’t know what else to say. It was pretty nice, I mean like talking to a  new friend, just casual talk without any flirting necessarily involved. I enjoyed her company. I was just getting to know her, no rush needed. 

 Today was Monday and just this morning she sent me text, saying “Good Morning, Chaeyoung-ah!! How was your sleep?” closed with cute sticker of a girl flickering her sleepy eyes.

Why is Mina being cute again to me?

Me       : Good morning to you, too.

Well, it was good. You?

Mina    : Good. ^^

Me       : Yeah.

Mina    : See you at school then.

Take care on the way, Chaeyoung-ah~

Me       : Yeah, you too...

I am still not used to her being like this affectionate. I could do cheesy flirts and pick up lines but only for a joke to others, when it comes to me being the object of such words, I get embarassed suddenly. Like worms suddenly crawling on my back.

But to be honest, I was partly enjoying Mina’s being sweet and calm like this. It’s just that I thought everything around us revolving too fast. I was afraid if I keep rolling fast like this with Mina, soon we’ll lose balance and burnt out. Just like how  a thick tire could be scraped out if you keep spurred on and rushed your vehicle, eventually it would be thin and just became dangerous for all on board, since you'd never know one moment it could slipped from the road. You needed to control the speed, enjoy the ride and just let time shows how much longer that tire would last. 

You gotta keep the fire burning by controlling the fire size as well as the amount of gas you put to it. Make sure it can keep flaming when you really need it to light you up. Or you’ll be left out in the cold, in the dark, alone.

I think I have this doubt that I can’t get rid off. Some sort of trust issue regarding stranger. Well, don’t we all have the same fear? Don’t you feel the same uncertainty feeling when it comes to being close to a complete stranger that you only know for a week and suddenly they get so close to you. So close that it makes you afraid.

Mina is being too close. Mina understands me too much that it scares me.

 

-=TW=-

 

“Cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter