The Two of Us

Kiss From a Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The air suddenly felt so cold. Mina was staring sternly at my face. Tears were flooding her tearduct making her eyes sparkled.

“Hey, hey, don’t cry!” I panicly hold both Mina’s cheeks. “You just sounded so aggressive saying you will force me or something like that. I was just surprised and taken aback by that. That's all.”

“I thought you don’t like me saying things like that. I thought you hate it! I was just being playful to you. You didn’t have to hold me if you don’t want to. I won’t force you to do anything. I just need you to stay with me.” Mina turned her head away.

“Look, here!” I pulled Mina’s chin so that her face would look at me again. “If I don’t want anything to do with you, why would I be here with you? Why would I kiss you if I don’t like you?”

Mina’s eyes looked straight into my eyes.

“I like you, Myoui Mina. I want to date you. I will shield you from all those bad people out there. I will hug you whenever you want me to. I even going to try playing your favorite games with you. I will do all those things for you. AND WITH YOU.” I grabbed both her hands tautly. I could even hear how firm I sounded. How I was really sure about what I said. Because I need Mina to believe me, I need Mina to trust me.

Anything between Mina and me was not just mind games anymore. Now I am sure. I was not clouded with doubt anymore, those cloud has disappeared and vanished into thin air when I hugged Mina. When I kissed her, everything falls right into place like pieces of puzzle. I tried to deliver that over-abundant feeling with my eyes, deep gazing into Mina's.

Mina smiled widely then took a deep breathe and exhaled it. She looked dearly at our hands that were holding each others' and tighten her grip. Then she put me on her sight again.

“You know, I was just about to give up everything before you came. I’ve just had enough with all the bullying and rumours spreading.  I was all alone here, I live here alone since my family live in Japan. I only have one aunt that I rarely visit. Maybe it was fate, maybe God wanted me to stay. As I was considering just to pursue my ballet career in Japan on the train ride to my aunt, I met you. That meeting was the start of everything. I feel like I have hope. I have something to hold onto. At least, my whole heart really wanted me to believe that.” Mina innocently grinned as she continued.

“You didn’t even try to amaze me but I was charmed. How such a small figured girl like you could make me feel protected at times when I was really fragile. I just didn’t need to make sense out of it all. It just suddenly happened. Suddenly, I am yours. Just in a blink of an eye, I fall in love. Though I wonder Is it possible to fall in love just by impression? It’s not even first meeting, Just an impression. Well, we did meet but not technically meeting and introduce each other. Because you didn’t even realize you have met me before our first kiss on the train.” Mina looked down again to our grasping hands, before our eyes locked together like a key with its lock.

“Well, I didn’t plan to charm you at that time. Like seriously, it was just voluntarily reflex. Wouldn’t you do the same if I were the one who’d get crushed by the train door?” I tried explaining what really happened in my mind that time.

“Well, it depends. If you were this cute..." She inclined her face closer to mine, "...then I would even crawl under the train to save you. Hahaha.” She laughed. Brightly.

“I love your smile. Your laugh. Even the sun will be shy in front of you because your smile is brighter.” Geez, Chaeyoung, what’s with the cheesy comment.

“Aww, thank you.” Mina flashed her authenthic killer smile, Mina’s gum-smile.

“But, I am still curious to why you kissed me on the train the other day. I mean, we could just started casually by introducing our name isn’t it?” I still couldn't wrapped my head around the idea of kissing a stranger on the train.

“Well, as an Aries, there’s no half-stepping. I need to be either direct to do something or just completely abort the plan. I was considering just walking up to you and introduce myself like any other girl will do but then something inside me pushed me to do that extraordinary move. Something inside me said that if I didn’t do it now, I might not be able to do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter