Dear, Mina

Kiss From a Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I feel so ty. When did I become so dumb and believe all those rumors about Mina just because some friend of a friend told me that? Am I a fool for believing the words of the birds before asking it to the actual person?

Well, I was afraid I will sound really rude to ask, “Hey, Mina. I heard all these rumour about you being a flirt, is it true?” What will that makes me?

Or is it better to ask straightforwardly like that?

Aargh, I don’t know. It’s already been done. No need to think what I could have done yesterday. All that I need to do is to make things right. I only have now. I may not even have tomorrow.

If Sana was right, Mina can even go back to Japan today without she even telling me.

 

Hey, why would she tell me? When I was the one reason she left.

 

Stupid Chaeyoung! Stupid Chaeng! I hit myself in the head.

I readily believed all those rumors but I couldn’t accept the simple truth that this girl would blush at the mere mention of a “kiss”. Our kiss.

The real stranger here was me. ME! I was the one who actually showed myself to Mina without me realizing. I was the one who ‘touched’ her first without she even knowing. I was the one who started all this.

I AM THE REAL STRANGER HERE.

Everything that happened these past weeks, as well as everything Sana just said. They make sense. They suddenly formed an organized line and plot of how Mina ended up kissing me and doing stuffs to me. Everything makes sense. Only I don’t!

MINA IS BEING HONEST ALL THESE TIMES. WITH HER FEELINGS. BEING WITH ME.

AND NOW ALL THAT’S LEFT IS ME BEING HONEST TO HER.

ABOUT MY FEELING.

I saw a girl standing below the tree. She did nothing, she just stood there while lowering her head. That lonely back that I saw yesterday when she was walking out of the café. I didn’t have time to think of anything to say. Everything happened so quick, in a knack of time.

I hugged Mina from the back. My hands unknowingly wrapped her body. I clasped my hands, hugging her tightly, like a kid hugging her favorite doll and wouldn’t let go. My head rested on her shoulder, her soft gentle shoulder. Her back felt so warm yet cool at the same time. My nose inhale her scent, I closed my eyes to inhale all of it. My hands wrapped her waist, I just didn’t want to let go. Mina’s hands were up, her shoulder was tense, it was obvious that she’s shocked over what happened in a split second.

Thump, thump, thump. I can feel Mina’s heartbeat. Or was it mine? The sound was clear to my ear since I press my body against her back.

“Who’s this?” Mina’s small voice made a sound.

“It’s me. And I am sorry.” I pressed my body tighter to hers, clasping my hands tighter as if I was afraid Mina would break loose from my embrace. I just didn’t want that to happen.

“Ch-ch-chaeyoung!?” Mina’s tone arose. When she realized it was me, her heartbeat even sound clearer, louder.

Warmth was surrounding us. It was the end of spring and summer has just starting. The weather was humid and kind of hot. It should’ve made this backhug somewhat uncomfortable but it wasn’t. I didn’t feel that hot even when I already coming here running and sweating. Mina’s existence in my arms was cooling me as well as spreading warmth inside me.

Mina smelled so nice. It was like a mix of pine tree with wild flower. It was refreshingly sweet but not too sweet like how candy smell. Her scent was soo soothing to me. Maybe it’s her detergent, fabric softener, her perfume or just her body odor. Mina’s scent is like pheromone to me. I realized at that point I was weak. I never smelled her since we never get really close like this. But that I smelled her like this, I like Mina’s smell so much that I didn't want to let go. I wanna smell this everyday for the rest of my life.

I didn’t know how Mina’s feeling about t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter