From Chaeyoung - Epilogue

Kiss From a Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I ain’t gonna do that, Myoui! Mark my words.” I drew cross on my left chest with Mina’s fingers. Her hands felt so soft, I squeezed a bit before letting them go.

My ears already plugged with the earbud but I havent played anything. Strangely, everytime I see Mina’s eyes, some music just playing in my head. I couldn’t hear the instrument sound but the melody keep on playing and I could feel it in my heart. Could heart possibly have several tone of beating, I mean does it work like a piano or something? Like when it’s beating, you got certain melodies that only you can hear?

I know that question was stupid, heart doesn’t work that way. But still it’s what I felt when I was looking at Mina’s eyes. It’s not thumping anymore, it’s more like making a really nice unity of melodies. I called it Myoui’s song, even if I didn’t even know the exact pitch.

She didn’t reply to my words,  she just had this deep meaning smile on her face. I couldn’t really put myself to understand it but it put some kinda burden to see it. Something meaningful to her, to me. But I couldn’t wrapped my hands around it. I just know that she looked beautiful with that smile.

She suddenly put her right hand to my hip, her head getting closer and she kissed me softly on my lips, gently shoved her lower lip between mine. I took time to slowly pushed my lips towards her. We kept the same posture for a few seconds. Then she pulled her head back, her right hand reached for my head and caress me then she pulled my earplug and whispered to my ear,

“I believe you.”

That short moment froze me. It’s like invisible rope suddenly wrapped around me. I looked at her eyes deeply, trying to find light what to say back to her.

“Mina, I am not an expert in love or relationship but I know something that is the most important thing of all.”

“What is that?”

“You’re worth it. You’re worth all the love in the world. You’re worth all the effort I make. I love you.”

“I love you too, Son Chaeyoung.” We just stood there staring at each other for few minutes. Stood so close that we stole each other air, we breathe in the same air.

I know people makes promises all the time, I am just not one of those people. I am holding my words dearly, I wont say anything if I don’t mean it. This is why I seemed like a cold person back when I only know Mina because it’s hard for me to get close to a stranger. But now that I know her, I’ve come to love her, I just can’t control the amount of honesty that I have for her. I love her, yes I do.

Mina turned her back and get her bag and walked away to the door.

“I am gonna be back soon. Don’t miss me Chaengie.” She waved her hands without looking back.

“Okay”

I plugged my ears with the earbuds while seeing Mina’s backview disappearing from the door frame as she turned to the locker room. Her steps looked so tired as she had been practicing since the morning or is it because she bears burden that I didn’t know? Her shoulder might not be as wide as mine but it was more dependable, something to hold on to, to lean on.. Something creeps up in my heart. Something I can’t ex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter