SIX

You Know Me Too Well

"Thanks Mom." I closed the car door behind me. As you can see, my daily routine is like this. Same thing all day everyday. Yeah, like that.

I pushed the glass door and step into the school's compound. The voice at the back of my mind is uttering bull. Like come on, stop making me feel all gloomy in the morning. Don't let me think about Taehyun and this Jesicca. Just thinking about their presence in school spoils my entire mood for half a day.

Class starts in 5 minutes and Choa's not in class. Where is she? My phone buzzed just when I had her in my mind.

"Hyejin-ah, I'm sick. I won't be attending school today. Sorry! Love you♡" - Choa

Ohwell I guess I don't have the mood for anything today. That's one thing about Choa and I. We don't hang out with any other friends. If either one of us falls sick, the other one will be alone. The entire day. I guess I'll be alone for today..

Hours ticked by, and it's finally food-time.

Whenever I'm alone, I won't go to the cafeteria. I would go up to the rooftop as it's peaceful and quiet, plus it's windy. And ofcourse, I get to be away from the noise pollution in the cafeteria. 

I sat on the wooden bench, took out my phone, and scroll through my songs playlist. 

Baby Don't Cry // EXO

I rested my head on the table. My mind really needs this time, quiet time, to rest before I attend 2 hours of Math class later. Math? Equals to DEATH. No joke.

Minutes passed by and it feels like I'm about to doze off. But somehow, I couldn't fully doze off. Or maybe take a nap. Because.. it feels like someone's watching me. This feeling.. I know this feeling so well. It tells me that I'm not alone on the rooftop.

Whatever, I'm just gonna sit here and mind my own business. 

"Hyejin?" I turned around. "Chanyeol?" I made an o-shape with my lips. Just wondering why he's up here. Because all these while when I'm up here, I've never seen him before. Not even once.

 "What are you doing here?" I asked. He took a seat opposite me and he's all smily. "Just wanna get some fresh air.." He chuckled. I nodded in return, informing him that I understood. "You?" He gave me that question-look. Somehow he looks worried. "I'm just... having some time alone. Plus I needed some rest because I've been having lots of things in my mind lately." I smiled and then it slowly faded because I can't believe I just told someone that I'm not close with something so openly.

"Oh.. Are you okay? You can talk it out if you want.." Chanyeol fiddled with his phone. His smile is clearly gone and all I can see on his face is a im-worried-for-you look. "It's okay if you don't want to.." He continued because I was silent for a one full minute.

Wow, this Chanyeol is really kind. Firstly he borrowed me his History textbook and now he's willing to listen to my stories? We've never really talked before and somehow I feel that he's gonna be a good friend. A really good friend.

"You see.. I just broke up with Taehyun. Just.. No, it's weeks ago. Uhm, months? Annnd I still can't accept that there's nothing between us anymore. I know it sounds really stupid to dwell on this but Taehyun and I went through so much together. We've been together for more than a year and I don't know how he had the heart to throw everything away for a girl who just transferred to this school earlier this year. Jesicca. Goddamnit I don't know what's so good about her.. He left me, he took my happiness away, he broke me. I kept on having breakdowns for the first few weeks and I'm glad I don't really have it anymore. Maybe once in a while.. But it hurts.. to see him being happy together with her. Where did I go wrong..?" I stopped to wipe my tears. "I'm sorry hahaha" I apologised for crying I have no idea why, but I just did. 

"It's okay.. i'm sorry to hear about your situation, and i didn't know that you've been going through this difficult situation for the past few weeks.. or months.. You always look cheerful in school, but I guess this is what you've been hiding behind your smiles and laughter. I'm sure you feel lonely when you're at home.. And by the way, you have to be careful alright cos I don't think Jesicca's a nice kid. She tripped you the other day on purpose, I saw.." Chanyeol stopped.

My goodness, it feels like he read my feelings. Been hiding this difficult situation behind my smiles and laughter? So true.. He thinks I'm lonely when I'm at home? Hell ya, HOW DOES HE KNOW? Omg OMG how, this is crazy. 

"Ah.. Yeah, I will.." I said softly. "You wanna head back to class?" Chanyeol sat up straight in his seat. "Yeah sure.." I smiled, eye-contacting him. His eyes are so soft. I dont know how but they look soft.

"Choa's not in school?" Chanyeol asked while walking down the steps with his hand tucked inside his pocket. "Nope, she's sick.." "Ah.. I see. So I guess you didn't eat earlier on?" "Yeah..." I agreed. I kept my head low when I saw Jesicca few metres away from me. 

"Why hello Hyejin.." Jesicca walked towards me. . "Just wanna let you know, you're such an eyesore to Taehyun. Can you get out from his sight, as much as you can?"  Jesicca smirked. "Mind your words will you? Your words are pretty harsh.." Chanyeol voiced out. "Oh, are you her new boyfriend or what? If you're not, move aside because I would like to talk to Hyejin. Alone. So, move." Jesicca grabbed my arm so hard that I whimpered but Chanyeol pulled me away. Oh great now I'm in the middle.

"Jesicca?" Again, that voice.. I know that voice so well. "Chagiyaaa~" Jesicca released my arm, and ran towards him. 

"You alright?" Chanyeol held my shoulder lightly. I'm in tears and I don't know why but I hate how things are right now. I hate Taehyun so much. So so much. Little did I know, Chanyeol hugged me while I was crying silently.

-- 

HNNNNNG ~__~ what do I do what do I dooooo. Tell me in the comments about what you think alright TT maybe I shouldnt make one chapter so lengthy...