TEN

You Know Me Too Well

The voice echoed. "YOU'RE ONE SICK FOR ALWAYS HURTING HER." I looked at Jesicca who's on the floor, and then I drag my gaze towards the guy who pushed her. "Chanyeol.." I whispered. 

Ahead of me, I saw Taehyun making his way towards me. I mean, the commotion Jesicca made. "Chagiya, are you okay?" He bent down to get a grip of Jesicca's shoulders. "I'm not.. Chanyeol pushed me so hard that my back hurts.." Jesicca whimpered. No idea whether that's acting or legitimate. "YOU SON OF A B-" Taehyun raised his arms in mid-air, almost hitting Chanyeol. "Don't you dare touch her.." Taehyun scoffed before bringing Jesicca away.

Ouch, ouch, ouch.. Chagiya? To Jesicca? Oh how sweet. Dude, your girlfriend was trying to hurt me. YOUR LOYAL EX-GIRLFRIEND. And by the way, she deserves that push alright. For God's sake. Love totally turned him blind. Love totally made him refuse to see her flaws. And how, how can you love the evil side of her? 

"Hyejin-ah.." Choa held my arms lightly, as I stood stiffly.

Why does Jesicca hate me so much? What have I ever done to her? It's not like Taehyun's still mine. She can have him all to herself. I won't bother begging for him back. I just need time to heal and get over him.

"What did I do in the past to deserve this.." my lips trembled. Choa then pulled me into a warm hug, without saying a word. I cried. I cried so badly that I want to go home. Tuck myself in bed, and sleep the pain away. I burried my face into Choa's shoulders. She's always there whenever I need a shoulder to lean on. Grateful for her.

Little did I know while I was crying my eyes out.. Chanyeol was a few steps away from me. He felt helpless. He had no choice but to walk away because he couldn't stand seeing me in that state. 

~

"You go ahead and rest alright. Are you hungry? Do you want me to order food for you?" Choa sat next to me on my bed. "Woaaaah. I swear I feel like killing her. What was she thinking omygod.. Making a huge fuss over a small thing. You bumped into him. That's all. It's not like you pushed or killed him or something. Why would she even-" "Choa, is Chanyeol okay.." I interrupted.

"Oh Chanyeol? Yaaaaaah.. He saved your life. I'm sorry that I'm not as strong as him to pull you and Jesicca apart.. Go ahead and rest. I'll be going to the minimart to get some snacks." Choa stood up, leaving me alone in my room.

An hour or two passed and I'm still in bed. The numbness, the pain. Emotional pain. It's not getting away. Feels like it's slowly eating me up. And I think that I can die from this pain's hunger. God, help me. Give me strength, guide me through this tough route that I'm on. 

The doorbell rang. I opened my eyes, even though I wasn't really napping. Why on earth would Choa ring the doorbell when she's the one who locked the door? Trying to annoy me or what. Pfft, she does that sometimes.

The doorbell rang again. Are you kidding me Choa. I got up from my bed and dragged my feet down to the main door. I swing the door open. My eyes widened, surprised. "Je..sicca?" I asked. "Do you need anyth-" Jesicca grabbed my neck before I could complete my sentence. She held my neck so tightly that I had to gasp for air. "S-Stop." I tried pushing her off.

"I hate you so much, Hyejin. Do you want to know why?" She leaned forward, close to my ears. "The fact that you're Taehyun's ex, that's unacceptable. The fact that you've given him a hard time, that's so stupid of you. Stop fking dwelling over the past, Kim Hye Jin. He's mine now, and STOP being all sad in school just because you've broken up with him. And for your information, I really, really hate your existance." Jesicca tighten her grip on my neck, and I gasp for the last time. 

"MOM!" I sat up straight on my bed and started panting. "Fml, it's just a nightmare. It's just a nightmare." Second nightmare this week. Am I supposed to have one nightmare per day? This is insane. The dream felt so real, the grip on my neck felt so real. I touched my neck, feeling grateful that I'm still alive. "Ugh, man.." I really really need to pull myself together. I'm getting more and more unstable as days go by.

9pm. My mom should be home soon. Choa left the snacks she bought on the side table together with a small note.

"Hyejin-ah, I've got to go home. I'm sorry for not being able to stay with you til your mom gets home! I'll see you in school tomorrow alright. Eat these snacks, feel better soon. Saranghae!♡" - Choa

 I hear the doors unlocked, followed by footsteps walking in. 

"Sweetie.. I'm homed." My Mom called out. "Sweetie, a friend of yours came to visit you.." My Mom's footsteps got louder and louder as she gets closer to my room. She swings the door open. "Hey.. You alright? You have a friend waiting for you. Come on down.." My Mom tilted her head. A friend? Visit? NOW? At this timing? 

I walked down the stairs and I could roughly see the back view of my guest. A guy. He's wearing a white hoodie, black pants, black cap, with black glasses. I entered the kitchen. 

"Oh... Chanyeol?" My lips formed the 'o' shape, surprised.

--

Readersssss do tell me how this is alright! Thank you new subscribers💙🙌 *cough* Erm Up *cough cough* Upvote juseyo. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ